Opinions on the name Lola?

I really want to use [name]Lola[/name] to honor my grandmother, only thing is I just can’t imagine a baby with this name. Is there anyway I can make it more ’baby friendly’? Maybe with a cute middle name, or using two first names? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

I think [name]Lola[/name] is a great ‘baby’ name, but better off as a nickname then a name. Of course many people would disagree with this.

Well, I love the name [name]Lola[/name] - my last wee man would have been lola if he had have been pink!!! For my future baby I also love the name lola, but I am thinking that if I have a girl, I will go [name]Violet[/name] nn [name]Lola[/name] instead… I have heard of a couple of wee Violets who go by [name]Lola[/name], so that just fits even more perfect for me…

[name]Lola[/name] is one of my favorite names. If you feel it isn’t baby friendly enough, you could nn her [name]Lolly[/name]. Sweet little candy, sweet little girl.

I adore [name]Lola[/name]!! I see it on a younger girl and baby more than an adult so I’m the flip side of what you said haha.

I like it as a nn for [name]Penelope[/name] or as a pp suggested, [name]Violet[/name] (looove this name).

I think a pretty double name combo would be [name]Lola[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. :slight_smile:

I’m the opposite- it’s hard for me to imagine [name]Lola[/name] on most adults. I think the pest solution would be a nickname- [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Viola[/name], [name]Dolores[/name], [name]Lorelai[/name], [name]Laurel[/name], [name]Laura[/name], [name]Lorena[/name], [name]Lorraine[/name], [name]Leona[/name], [name]Liora[/name]

I think [name]Lola[/name] is great! Some celebs have used it, so I wouldn’t worry about it being widely accepted. I would pair it with a very girly middle name like [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Kate[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Violet[/name], [name]Juliet[/name] etc…

For what it’s worth, there’s an adorable BBC show called [name]Charlie[/name] and [name]Lola[/name], where [name]Lola[/name] is a preschooler. I have no trouble picturing a little girl with that name.

I prefer [name]Lola[/name] as a nickname, rather than a given name. I don’t think its awful as a given name though.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Lola[/name], love the idea of it as a nickname.

I like the name [name]Lola[/name]; go for it. It was originally a nickname for [name]Dolores[/name]. It can also be a nickname for [name]Fabiola[/name], and some other names mentioned about. Quite a flexible nickname, really.