Opinions on the name Skye

What is your first impression of the name [name]Skye[/name] for a girl. We would be using it as a middle name- [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Skye[/name]. It seems like most people like it but I’ve heard a few say that they’re indifferent and one recently go so far as to say that it’s white trash. I think it’s adorable and complements [name]Caroline[/name] very well. So what are your honest opinions of this name? Thanks!

I’m not really fond of it sorry, I mean it sounds nice but the spelling is offputting even if it legit. :slight_smile: [name]Hope[/name] that helped.

Honestlye Ie thinke thee extrae “E” one thee ende lookse odde since it’s a word ([name]Sky[/name], though I am aware of the Scottish island that spells it with an E) but I wouldn’t call it trash. :slight_smile: I can see why people think it’s trashy, though, as it does have those kind of associations. Plus it probably reminds people of [name]Skyler[/name], which is sometimes dismissed as trash because it is a phonetic respelling of [name]Schuyler[/name].

If you were to take the E off and just have it as [name]Sky[/name] I would probably still feel indifferent because [name]Sky[/name]/e just feels masculine to me but with [name]Caroline[/name] as the fn that probably wouldn’t matter. At the end of the day, you get the final say in what you call her and there are names that could be considered way trashier than [name]Skye[/name].

I think [name]Skye[/name] is wonderful, fresh, adorable and has a nature feel about it. It is also a cool one syllable name. It echoes Scottish vibes with the link to the [name]Isle[/name] of [name]Skye[/name]- and let’s face it gaelic names are popular.

I seriously love the name. I think it has a modern yet known quality. The actual sound of the name is melodic to me.

emiliaj

I wouldn´t use it myself and probably a few years ago I would have called it emm like what you suggested. But I admit that there is something crisp and refreshing and romantic about it. I would use the e only with good reason, if I had a solid reason for it to be there such a a historical spelling or to reference the Scottish island etc. To me this name [name]Sky[/name]/[name]Skye[/name] is prettier and more honest sounding than some of these waaay over the top overwrought girl´s names you are seeing. Why not? Follow you heart!
Good luck

I get the trailer trash vibe from [name]Skye[/name] and [name]Skyler[/name]… partially from personal associations I guess?

I really like it. I’ve always thought it made a really pretty name. I love the nature vibe and the [name]Isle[/name] of [name]Skye[/name] reference and I don’t think it’s “white trash” at all. I think it sounds great with your first name choice too.

I like it fine as a middle name. As a first, it sounds a bit “hippiesh” to me and nms. [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Skye[/name] is nice.

[name]Skye[/name] is nms, but [name]Caroline[/name] is a beautiful, classic name and I think the mn spot is a great place to go out of the box. If you love [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Skye[/name], go for it!

I wouldn’t think of this name as white trash, spelled this way, its more of a patriotic Scottish name to me, and without the e, its just a nature name. I prefer it without the E as I love the sky associations.

I love it. It is not a trashy name at all. I’ve known [name]Skylar[/name]'s that are older, but I prefer just [name]Skye[/name].