Opinions on the name......

I have friends that are strongly considering the name [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m], but have gotten some not so nice comments or told it should only be used as a MN so I’m curious to see what people here think of it. [name_m]Just[/name_m] as a note it’s not because they’re into [name_m]Mozart[/name_m], it’s just because they love the name.

They’re also having problems coming up with a middle name they like with it. Any suggestions?

I love it! I can’t say I would use it as a first name personally, but I would be absolutely thrilled to meet one.

I agree with everything [name_f]Hypatia[/name_f] said. I’d love to meet one.

I like it a lot, but if they want to tone it down a little, maybe [name_m]Amadeo[/name_m]? Personally, I’d use [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] anyway.

Thanks for the responses. I think they’re going to use it, but they haven’t come up with a MN they really like with it yet. They have down [name_m]Leon[/name_m], [name_u]Bryce[/name_u], and [name_m]Stephan[/name_m]. Any suggestions?

[name_f]IMO[/name_f] it’s better than next [name_u]James[/name_u] or [name_m]Henry[/name_m] (no offence to anybody!). I just think that it’s nice to give your child a name that’s not overused. [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_m]Leon[/name_m] is fine for me. [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_m]Stephan[/name_m] not really my favorite. And I just don’t like the spelling of [name_u]Bryce[/name_u], or the two names together - I think they have different feel.
I’d suggest…
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_m]Reuben[/name_m]
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m]
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_u]Finn[/name_u]
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_m]Fox[/name_m]
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_m]Richard[/name_m]
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_u]Finley[/name_u]
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] (hey! that actually sounds very nice!)
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_m]Paul[/name_m]

[name_f]Do[/name_f] they know it means ‘love God!’? [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] will always get comments about its references. They might want to think about learning some more about [name_m]Mozart[/name_m], the movie [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] and the song [name_m]Rock[/name_m] Me [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] by Falco. [name_m]Just[/name_m] so when they hear ‘Oh, you guys like [name_m]Mozart[/name_m]?’ for the 50th time, they’ll have something intelligent in response other than an exasperated ‘No no, we just liked the name.’

I think something short fits well with [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m]. I like the above suggestion of [name_u]James[/name_u]. Or…

[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m]
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m]

[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_m]Leon[/name_m] sounds wonderful! I agree with @schickler, though. They need to arm themselves to the teeth with knowledge and always be prepared for defense. Obviously, most people in the world don’t have the mindset of berries when it comes to more unusual name picks.

[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] is great! I’d use [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_m]Clive[/name_m] or [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_m]Desmond[/name_m].

Well I’ll be the descenting voice. I hate it. It one of those names I hear and I think “poor kid”

It seems like a great name for a dog, but an extremely impractical name for a person in this day and age.

I have a friend whose brother’s middle name is [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m], and he wears it well, but they’re also [name_m]German[/name_m].
There are options for nicknames, if this little [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] feels the pressure from his name. [name_m]Amos[/name_m], [name_f]Ami[/name_f], [name_m]Adam[/name_m], and [name_f]Ame[/name_f] could potentially work.

[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_m]Bruno[/name_m]
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_m]Emil[/name_m]
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_m]Falk[/name_m]
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_m]Julian[/name_m]
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_m]Luke[/name_m]
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_m]Willem[/name_m]

I agree that I wouldn’t use it but would think it was neat if someone else did. Agree that there are lots of nicknames too! If it were me, I would choose something relatively simple and short for the middle. I liked the sound of a previous poster’s suggestion of [name_m]Fox[/name_m] but even that might be too much of an eye-bro raiser. [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] was a nice choices or perhaps [name_m]John[/name_m] or [name_m]Matthew[/name_m]…something familiar and classic.

[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m] is my fave combo. I think it’s a great name, but then my style is out there :slight_smile: Please do have the parents educate themselves on all name associations.

I love [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m]. I think it’s strong and when that kid gets older, I think he’ll find his name cool and masculine. It’s packs a punch, but it’s definitely not too unusual.

Suggestions for MN:

[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m]
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] (I know, a little long but it flows nicely)

Good day!

[name_m]Milo[/name_m]? [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Emil[/name_m] as a middle name for [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m]. I know an [name_m]Emil[/name_m] - he’s great. [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_m]Milo[/name_m] sounds cool though, and as he might have quite an old-fashioned name maybe a modern MN would be a good choice?

Thanks for all the MN and NN suggestions. I will share with them tonight.

They are aware of the meaning of the name and they know about [name_m]Mozart[/name_m] and about the Falco song. Not sure if there’s anything else they should know about it?

Initially they went back and fourth between [name_m]Amadeo[/name_m] and [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m], but they like the sound of [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] better.

What a great name :slight_smile:

I actually love the name [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m]! I would probably never use it, if I did it would probably be a middle name. My only problem with the name is that it’s four syllables and I can’t think of any good nicknames.