Opinions on these boy names

I’m trans ftm and still wondering about my name. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourites are:

Tristan nn [name_u]Tris[/name_u]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] nn [name_u]Theo[/name_u]
[name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u] nn [name_m]Tad[/name_m]
[name_m]Walter[/name_m] nn [name_m]Walt[/name_m]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m] nn [name_u]Win[/name_u]
[name_u]Griffin[/name_u] nn [name_m]Griff[/name_m]
[name_m]Nikolaus[/name_m] nn [name_u]Nik[/name_u], [name_u]Niko[/name_u], Kol or [name_m]Klaus[/name_m]

I was just wondering what you lovely people think about the names, your favourite of them or some suggestions like them. Thanks.

1 Like

Wow great list

Love [name_u]Tristan[/name_u]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u] [name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_m]Winston[/name_m] and [name_u]Griffin[/name_u]

Amazing list

1 Like

Theodore ‘[name_u]Theo[/name_u]’, [name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u] ‘[name_m]Tad[/name_m]’, and [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] ‘[name_m]Griff[/name_m]’ are my favorites! [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] is great as well, though [name_u]Tris[/name_u] reminds me of the protagonist from the Divergent series.

1 Like

I adore [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] and [name_m]Winston[/name_m]

1 Like

They’re all cool names! I do love [name_u]Griffin[/name_u], [name_m]Walter[/name_m] and [name_m]Winston[/name_m] though.

1 Like

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is probably one of my all time favorites :revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Tristan “[name_u]Tris[/name_u]”— [name_u]Tris[/name_u] is strictly feminine for me due to it being a nn for [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]. I’m not a fan of [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] anyway, though.
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] “[name_u]Theo[/name_u]”— YES. I took [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] off of my list because it wasn’t dashing enough but [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is always a big yes from me. I much prefer [name_u]Theo[/name_u] to [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]!
[name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u] “[name_m]Tad[/name_m]”— I adore [name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u]! Another YES! [name_f]My[/name_f] preferred nn in [name_m]Thatch[/name_m], but [name_m]Tad[/name_m] is also very cute.
[name_m]Walter[/name_m] “[name_m]Walt[/name_m]”— yet another big YES! Not many people like [name_m]Walter[/name_m] but I love it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
[name_m]Winston[/name_m] “[name_u]Win[/name_u]”— I think I like it, but I’m not sure?
[name_u]Griffin[/name_u] “[name_m]Griff[/name_m]”— not a fan of either, sorry.
[name_m]Nikolaus[/name_m]— I love it!

1 Like

I love [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Walter[/name_m] and [name_m]Nikolaus[/name_m]; they’re on my own list :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really enjoy your style!

My favorites in no particular order:

Theodore - one of my favorites for the nn potential of [name_u]Theo[/name_u]! The name definitely has a vintage feel, making me think of a studious, relaxed personality. [name_u]Theo[/name_u] as a nickname is timeless to me!

Thaddeus - Has a strong and old feel to it in a fun way. [name_m]Tad[/name_m] is simple, sounds less formal, and has a “cool” vibe.

Griffin - Along with [name_m]Nikolaus[/name_m] it stands out a bit against your other options. [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] is a subtle name with lots of character! [name_m]Griff[/name_m] is a nice way to shorten it, and [name_m]Fin[/name_m] is also an option!

Nikolaus - I like this option. It has a charming, sharper feel and is timeless to me as well. [name_u]Niko[/name_u], [name_u]Nik[/name_u], and [name_m]Klaus[/name_m] all have different feels to me in terms of nicknames. The spelling variance adds personality!

Suggestions with similar vibes I got classic, timeless, with a spin vibes
[name_m]Aleksander[/name_m] “[name_m]Al[/name_m]/Alex” “[name_m]Zander[/name_m]”
[name_m]Emile[/name_m]
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u] “[name_m]Al[/name_m]/Alex”
[name_m]Willem[/name_m] “[name_m]Wil[/name_m]”
[name_m]Cecil[/name_m]
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m] “[name_u]Harry[/name_u]”
[name_m]Markus[/name_m] “[name_m]Mark[/name_m]”
Jolliver “[name_m]Joel[/name_m]” “Oli”
[name_m]Clayton[/name_m] “[name_m]Clay[/name_m]”
[name_m]Terrence[/name_m] “Ter/Terry”
Enias / Anias
[name_u]Quincy[/name_u] “Q/Quinn”
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] “[name_m]Nate[/name_m]/Nathan”
[name_m]Zachariah[/name_m] “[name_m]Zac[/name_m]” “[name_m]Ry[/name_m]”
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] “[name_m]Vin[/name_m]”
[name_m]Kristofer[/name_m] “[name_u]Kit[/name_u]”
[name_m]Julius[/name_m] “[name_u]Jules[/name_u]”
[name_m]Franklin[/name_m] “[name_m]Frank[/name_m]”
[name_m]Ivan[/name_m]
[name_m]Leonard[/name_m] / [name_m]Leon[/name_m] “[name_m]Leo[/name_m]” “[name_u]Lee[/name_u]”

Clearly I went for nickname potential, but I hope you like a few. Ask if you’d like more, and best of luck! (:

1 Like

I love [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], but there are a good amount of trans people named [name_u]Theo[/name_u] - that’s not a bad thing, of course, but it’s something you should know.
[name_m]Walter[/name_m] is a cool name, what do you think of nickname Waltz?
[name_u]Griffin[/name_u] is my favorite for some reason - it seems like a good name for you :))
also, you should check out our transberries thread if you’re interested!

2 Likes

They’re all great! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] ([name_u]Tris[/name_u]), [name_m]Winston[/name_m] ([name_u]Win[/name_u]), and [name_m]Nikolaus[/name_m] ([name_u]Niko[/name_u] or [name_m]Klaus[/name_m], though either are also great stand alones).

1 Like