Opinions on these names!

I have been playing around with my list recently, and would like some feedback on these names please!

Girls:
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Elinor[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]

Boys:
[name]Rupert[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]Edward[/name] [name]Charles[/name]
[name]Philip[/name] [name]Joshua[/name]

Also, for the most part, I would like to avoid nicknames with these names (for example although I love [name]Philip[/name] I dislike [name]Phil[/name] a great deal), do you think these names will be able to avoid nicknames???

Any input would be appreciated :slight_smile:

We definitely have the same style for girls’ names! I love all your choices. I am not such a fan of [name]Rupert[/name] or [name]Joshua[/name]. I love [name]Edward[/name] and [name]Phillip[/name].

[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] - This doesn’t wow me like the others do.
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] - This is wonderful. Two of my very favorite names.
[name]Elinor[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] - [name]Love[/name]. Very classic and cute.
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] - I prefer [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Jane[/name].

Boys:
[name]Rupert[/name] [name]William[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name]. This is a perfect name.
[name]Edward[/name] [name]Charles[/name] - It’s ok.
[name]Philip[/name] [name]Joshua[/name] - It’s ok.

I think [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Rupert[/name] are the most likely to be nickname free.

This is a great list!

Girls:
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] - Very pretty. I think it would be hard to avoid nns with [name]Elizabeth[/name] though. Nice thing is there are a lot of great nns you can get - [name]Ellie[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Lizzie[/name], [name]Beth[/name], [name]Liz[/name], etc.
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] - [name]Love[/name] it!
[name]Elinor[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] - I like it but I strongly prefer the [name]Eleanor[/name] spelling. Though I’m pretty sure [name]Elinor[/name] is legit, I feel like the [name]Eleanor[/name] spelling will cause less confusion and headaches.
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] - I agree with PP that I like [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Jane[/name] more. Quirky and cute.

Boys:
[name]Rupert[/name] [name]William[/name] - [name]Rupert[/name] is really NMS. [name]William[/name] is nice.
[name]Edward[/name] [name]Charles[/name] - [name]Don[/name]'t like [name]Edward[/name], [name]Charles[/name] is nice. I’d say [name]Charles[/name] [name]Edward[/name] but that feels familiar, like it’s a company of some sort?
[name]Philip[/name] [name]Joshua[/name] - Definitely my favorite. People might try calling him [name]Phil[/name] but since it’s a two syllable name (that isn’t even long) I think people will catch on that you prefer [name]Philip[/name]. I think I like the [name]Phillip[/name] spelling slightly more, but either way is just fine.

Favorites: [name]Alice[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Philip[/name] [name]Joshua[/name]

I really love them all. I agree that it might be hard to avoid nicknames with [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Philip[/name]. [name]Elinor[/name] might get shortened to [name]Ellie[/name] too. I have a daughter named [name]Jane[/name] who we often call [name]Janie[/name], but this name definitely does not need to have a nickname.

I will say that I was worried about nicknames with [name]Alice[/name] when we named our first daughter. I’m not crazy about any of them ([name]Ally[/name], [name]Al[/name]) but her name has never been shortened by anyone yet.

Nice choices.
As far as nicknames, I think they are most likely to happen with [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Edward[/name], and least likely to happen with [name]Alice[/name], [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Rupert[/name].