Opinions on these names?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there! I created this profile to get some feedback on the names my gf and I are thinking about for our kid. We just found out she was pregnant about a week ago and couldn’t be more excited. Also, I’ve noticed a lot of people with name lists in their signatures, what’s the proper way to go about doing that?

So we don’t know yet if it’s going to be a girl or boy. I’m pretty sure we have already decided the name if it’s a boy - [name_m]Ryker[/name_m], although I’m not sure what would be a good middle name for that. This is the list of the other names we were considering.

[name_m]Fox[/name_m], Ender, [name_u]Aiden[/name_u], [name_m]Asher[/name_m], [name_m]Castor[/name_m], [name_u]Cloud[/name_u], [name_m]Vincent[/name_m], [name_u]Korben[/name_u], [name_u]Leighton[/name_u], [name_f]Laguna[/name_f], and [name_m]Nemo[/name_m]

The girls name is the one we are both having trouble with since we both like so many of the names.

[name_f]Alice[/name_f], Mirrah, [name_f]Aria[/name_f], [name_f]Lucia[/name_f], Eiko, [name_f]Yui[/name_f], [name_f]Jill[/name_f], [name_f]Nova[/name_f], [name_f]Luna[/name_f], [name_f]Petra[/name_f], [name_u]Valentine[/name_u], [name_f]Evelynn[/name_f], [name_f]Aura[/name_f], [name_u]Gwyn[/name_u], [name_f]Charleigh[/name_f], [name_f]Snow[/name_f], [name_f]Kira[/name_f], [name_f]Nina[/name_f], [name_f]Ryann[/name_f], [name_f]Valeria[/name_f], [name_m]Ashe[/name_m], [name_f]Terra[/name_f], [name_f]Minerva[/name_f], [name_f]Jinx[/name_f], [name_m]Rhylee[/name_m], and [name_f]Edyn[/name_f]

You have really mixed style!!

Boys -
[name_u]Indigo[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m]
[name_m]Baxter[/name_m]
[name_m]Fletcher[/name_m]
[name_m]Arrow[/name_m]
[name_u]Porter[/name_u]
[name_m]Archer[/name_m]
[name_m]Foster[/name_m]
[name_u]Frankie[/name_u]/[name_u]Charlie[/name_u]

Girls
[name_f]Clover[/name_f]
[name_f]Leilani[/name_f]
[name_f]Mila[/name_f]
[name_u]Mika[/name_u]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Raelyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Gracelyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilyanne[/name_f]

I hope that helped and congrats!!!

Congratulations!

To add a signature, scroll up and click on “Settings” on the upper right part of the screen in the Forum bar, and then click “[name_f]Edit[/name_f] Signature” from the bar on the left.

Of your boy names, I like [name_m]Asher[/name_m] and [name_u]Aidan[/name_u]. [name_m]Ryker[/name_m] sounds a little try-hard and downmarket to me, like a cartoon more than a human boy.

Of your girl names, I like [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Jill[/name_f], though I’d suggest naming her [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] and just calling her [name_f]Jill[/name_f]. Both are elegant, ageless names!

Thanks for the suggestions! Haha [name_m]Ryker[/name_m] is actually a reference to Commander Riker from [name_f]Star[/name_f] Trek so I guess it’s to be expected it might sound like a cartoon (we still really like it though :P). When the name [name_f]Jill[/name_f] was initially suggested it was suggested as [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] but my gf (soon to be fiance - waiting on a custom ring to be made) didn’t like it, but liked [name_f]Jill[/name_f] lol. [name_f]Alice[/name_f] was one of the first ones on the list and we both love it.

Boys:

1. [name_m]Vincent[/name_m]
  2. [name_u]Aiden[/name_u]
  3. [name_m]Asher[/name_m]
  4. [name_m]Fox[/name_m]

Girls:

1. [name_f]Minerva[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Petra[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Ryann[/name_f]
  6. [name_f]Terra[/name_f]
  7. [name_f]Luna[/name_f]
  8. [name_f]Nova[/name_f]

adore: [name_m]Fox[/name_m] (especially as a middle name), [name_m]Asher[/name_m], [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] (if spelled this way), [name_f]Snow[/name_f] (middle name only, honor name), [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] (only spelled this way and for a boy/man)

love: [name_u]Aiden[/name_u] (prefer [name_u]Aidan[/name_u]), [name_u]Corbin[/name_u] (if spelled this way), [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Aria[/name_f], [name_f]Luna[/name_f], [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] (middle name only, honor name), [name_u]Eden[/name_u] (only spelled this way), [name_u]Riley[/name_u] (only spelled this way and for a boy/man)

like: [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] (only spelled this way and for a boy/man)

neutral: [name_m]Vincent[/name_m], [name_u]Leighton[/name_u], Mirrah, [name_f]Lucia[/name_f], Eiko, [name_f]Yui[/name_f], [name_f]Jill[/name_f], [name_f]Nova[/name_f], [name_f]Petra[/name_f], [name_f]Aura[/name_f], [name_u]Gwyn[/name_u] (spelled [name_f]Gwen[/name_f]), [name_f]Kira[/name_f], [name_f]Nina[/name_f], [name_f]Valeria[/name_f], [name_m]Ashe[/name_m], [name_f]Terra[/name_f]

not fond of: Ender, [name_m]Castor[/name_m], [name_u]Cloud[/name_u], [name_f]Laguna[/name_f], [name_m]Nemo[/name_m], [name_f]Minerva[/name_f], [name_f]Jinx[/name_f]

Congratulations!! :smiley: It sounds like you two are having a terrific time choosing Names! Ryker Fox sounds really edgy and cool, like a futuristic crime fighter or Maverick! Actually Ryker Maverick is pretty cool too! Sorry, now I am having fun playing with your Names too! :slight_smile: My ABSOLUTE favourite of your other Boy’s Names is Asher! LOVE IT and have it in my Top 5!

Of your Girl’s Names I LOVE:

Aria
Lucia
Evelynn
Alice
Mirrah

All of them work well for any age and are really beautiful but also cute!

Some GORGEOUS Combinations would be:

Lucia Evelynn
Mirrah Alice
Aria Gwyn
Lucia Snow
Alice Edyn
Alice Evelyn
Evelynn Ashe

Just curious, and you don’t need to say, but how are you planning to propose!? All the very best! :slight_smile:

Really appreciate all the suggestion for the combinations, that’s the part we need help with the most lol. And I was thinking how I wanted to propose a lot last night actually. I know she doesn’t like big crowds and I wouldn’t want her to feel like everyone is watching and feel pressured, but I don’t want to just get down on a knee in our living room lol. That being said, I think I had a really good idea and it will still surprise her. The Renaissance Festival is coming up this October, she absolutely loves that kind of stuff but has never been. I think that would be a really fun way to propose, plus I’d be able to dress up like a knight and it not be ridiculous. XD We were watching Merlin on Netflix last night and I casually brought up that it was making me wanna go to the ren fair and she was really excited about the idea.

That sounds ABSOLUTELY AWESOME! [name_u]Lucky[/name_u] Girl! :smiley: Very romantic and fun! :slight_smile: YAY you!! :smiley:

Let us know if you want any more help with Combinations! :slight_smile:

Yea, the only difficult part for me will be the having to wait till [name_f]October[/name_f] to giver her the ring!

We’re both huge fans of zelda so I’m working with a jeweler here to design a ring with 3 diamonds that make a triforce, and an inscription in hylian (the language in the zelda games) going around the outside/inside that is a play on the inscription for the one ring in lord of the rings (One ring to show our love, one ring to bind us, one ring to seal our love, forever to entwine us)

It was actually pretty difficult to translate, because the Hylian I chose to use from ocarina of time was never intended to be english, but Japanese, so I had to translate it from English, to Japanese, then to Hylian lol. Buy yea, I’m always spilling the beans early to her with holiday/birthday presents so it will be really hard for me to wait 2 months to give it to her :stuck_out_tongue: I know this all probably sounds super nerdy, but we love this kind of stuff lol

If we picked the name [name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Fox[/name_m] his initials would be AFK lol. From your suggestions, I really like the sound of [name_m]Ryker[/name_m] [name_m]Fox[/name_m], and [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f]. We might also be adding [name_m]Merlin[/name_m] to the list of possibles lol, as we were watching it last night she realized how much she liked the name.

You don’t sound super nerdy at all! More like super thoughtful, romantic and sweet! She is very lucky to have you! Good luck with keeping it a secret though! All that hard work would make me really want to share it! My Husband kept his proposal a secret from EVERYONE for six months! I still can’t believe he managed it! But then I’m the talker in our marriage! The saying you’ve got inscribed is BEAUTIFUL! :smiley:

I love both [name_m]Ryker[/name_m] [name_m]Fox[/name_m] and [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f] (especially the meaning)! [name_m]Merlin[/name_m] is a little too obvious for my taste, although it is actually a very cool Name. Maybe you could tweak it a little like you have with Riker?

[name_m]Merlin[/name_m] comes from the Welsh name Myrddin originally, which is quite interesting! [name_m]Ryker[/name_m] Myrddin??

[name_m]Just[/name_m] having fun thinking outside the square… what is the Hylian word for [name_u]Love[/name_u], please? That could make a really personally meaningful First or Middle Name for your [name_m]Son[/name_m] or Daughter! Favourite T.V. Shows can come and go, but your Engagement [name_m]Ring[/name_m] will last forever! Of course you couldn’t mention it to your Girlfriend until you have proposed! :wink:

I think most of your names work, but personally I would avoid the following:

[name_m]Castor[/name_m] (reminds me of castor oil, given to children in the past when ill or as a punishment)
[name_f]Terra[/name_f] (at least in my accent, this sounds like “terror”)
[name_m]Nemo[/name_m] (strongly associated with the cartoon fish)
[name_f]Jinx[/name_f] (unpleasant meaning of curse or hex).

Best wishes to you both with the rest of the pregnancy.

For boys from your list I like.
[name_m]Fox[/name_m],
Ender
[name_u]Aiden[/name_u], but prefer [name_u]Aidan[/name_u]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m], [name_m]Vincent[/name_m], [name_u]Korben[/name_u], but prefer [name_u]Corbin[/name_u] spelling even if you are trying to relate it to The Fifth Element

For girls I like
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
Mirrah but prefer [name_f]Mira[/name_f]
[name_f]Aria[/name_f], [name_f]Lucia[/name_f][name_f]Jill[/name_f], [name_f]Nova[/name_f], as a middle
[name_f]Luna[/name_f], [name_f]Petra[/name_f], [name_u]Valentine[/name_u], as a middle name
[name_f]Evelynn[/name_f], but [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_u]Gwyn[/name_u], but prefer [name_f]Gwen[/name_f], it would be on my list if it didn’t match my son’s name
[name_f]Charleigh[/name_f], but [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] or [name_u]Charley[/name_u]
[name_f]Snow[/name_f], as a middle
[name_f]Kira[/name_f], [name_f]Nina[/name_f], [name_f]Ryann[/name_f][name_f]Edyn[/name_f] but spelled [name_u]Eden[/name_u]

Others
[name_m]Kirk[/name_m], [name_m]Wesley[/name_m], [name_m]Troy[/name_m], [name_u]Owen[/name_u], [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m], [name_m]Luke[/name_m], [name_u]Quinn[/name_u], [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m], [name_m]McCoy[/name_m], [name_m]Liam[/name_m], [name_m]Scott[/name_m],
[name_f]Zelda[/name_f], [name_f]Asha[/name_f], [name_u]Quinn[/name_u], [name_u]Sloane[/name_u], [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Leia[/name_f]

Since you decided on [name_m]Ryker[/name_m] let’s found middle names for that

[name_m]Ryker[/name_m] [name_m]Fox[/name_m]
[name_m]Ryker[/name_m] [name_u]Aiden[/name_u]
[name_m]Ryker[/name_m] [name_u]Cloud[/name_u]

These three are my favorite

The girls name is the one we are both having trouble with since we both like so many of the names.

[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Aria[/name_f]
[name_f]Aura[/name_f]
[name_f]Evelynn[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Minerva[/name_f]
[name_f]Nova[/name_f]
[name_f]Petra[/name_f]
[name_f]Snow[/name_f]

These are my favorites but I lean on [name_f]Aria[/name_f] the most. To me [name_f]Aria[/name_f] and [name_m]Ryker[/name_m] has similar feel, since they have the r sound and are uncommon names.

I know right!

Yea I really like the name [name_f]Aria[/name_f], was maybe thinking of spelling it [name_u]Arya[/name_u] as well. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t know why but we both really like "y"s in place of "i"s.

Yea I actually really hate that because I always associated it with [name_m]LITTLE[/name_m] [name_m]Nemo[/name_m], which was my favorite movie when I was a kid, not Finding [name_m]Nemo[/name_m]. And I always liked the name, but most people just think of the fish now.

Unfortunately there is no “hylian” word for love, or any other word for that matter. The language is text only and translates directly into english or japanese depending on which alphabet you’re using. So really the hylian word for love would just be love, or Ai, just written in hylian :stuck_out_tongue:

My how time flies! So we found out we are having a girl and want to go with the name [name_f]Aria[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f]. Only thing now is we can’t decide how to spell it, either [name_f]Aria[/name_f], or [name_u]Arya[/name_u]. We still plan on naming our next kid if its a boy [name_m]Ryker[/name_m], and decides on the middle name [name_u]Wade[/name_u] after my father.