Opinions on these unisex names?

What do you guys think of these unisex names? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you prefer them on boys or girls? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you automatically associate them with one gender more than the other? What kind of imagery do they evoke and does your perception of the name change a lot depending on whether it’s a boy or a girl?

Remy - I really love that one for both genders, but I slightly prefer it on a girl. It’s such a sweet, sunny yellow name.

Blake - am I the only one who actually strongly prefers it on a girl? As a girl’s name, it has a certain air of sophistication because of [name_u]Blake[/name_u] Lively. As a boy’s name it’s fine, but it just doesn’t have the same vibe.

Morgan - I see this instinctively as a girl’s name because I know a couple of Morgans and they’re both girls. I’ve never met a man named [name_u]Morgan[/name_u], but do you think it would work well as a boy’s name?

Finley - I feel like there’s more and more girls with this name, but I love it on a boy. It’s so nice and gentle.

Parker - I like it on a girl a lot because of the TV show Leverage, where one of the main characters was named [name_u]Parker[/name_u] and she was marvelous. Like with [name_u]Blake[/name_u], because I have such a strong positive association with it as girl’s name, it just doesn’t have the same “oomph” factor as a boy’s name.

1 Like

I prefer all of them on boys than girls.

I like [name_u]Remy[/name_u]; am neutral on [name_u]Finley[/name_u], [name_u]Remy[/name_u] and [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]; and [name_u]Blake[/name_u] and [name_u]Parker[/name_u] are nms.

Remy - I LOVE [name_u]Remy[/name_u]! Honestly, to me it is completely unisex. I love it equally on both genders, I think I am more likely to use it for a boy though, simply because I like other girl names more.

Blake - Much prefer it on a girl, feels slightly dated on boys, but feels fun and fresh on a girl!

Morgan - I think its very uncommon on a boy, but I do think it would work well, I think I would prefer it on a boy to be honest. Im not really fond of it in general.

Finley - I prefer it on a boy, its soft and gentle, I dont really like it on a girl however.

Parker - I agree with you, it really doesnt feel the same on a boy as it does a girl. On a boy it feels a little bit more plain and washed out, whereas on a girl it feels really adventurous and charming .

1 Like

You hit the nail on the head, that’s exactly how I feel about it! I just find it a lot more fresh and exciting on a girl.

It’s funny you’ve never met a male [name_u]Morgan[/name_u], there were 3 in my class at school! I guess it depends where you’re from. I honestly think that they all work just fine for boys and girls, but this is my preference:

Boys: [name_u]Remy[/name_u], [name_u]Finley[/name_u], [name_u]Blake[/name_u]
Girls: [name_u]Parker[/name_u]
Either: [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]

1 Like

Remy - I have to admit that it doesn’t sound particularly male or female and because of that it’s a good unisex name. But all I can think of when I see or hear this is the [name_u]French[/name_u] Rémi, which is very familiar to me. And because of that I have a hard time picturing it on a girl.

Blake - I like it on a boy, because of the reference to [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_u]Blake[/name_u], one of my favorite poets. I suppose it could work on a girl.

Morgan - All I can think of is [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] [name_m]Freeman[/name_m]. I’m not a fan of this on either gender, but I do like [name_f]Morgane[/name_f] on a girl.

Finley - [name_u]Love[/name_u] this on a boy, but again, not so much on a girl. I think [name_u]Finn[/name_u] would work as a female name for me, but all [name_u]Finn[/name_u]- names feel more masculine to me. For a girl I’d go with [name_u]Fionn[/name_u].

Parker - I live in a non-[name_f]English[/name_f] speaking country, and to me [name_u]Parker[/name_u] feels like one of those trendy names. I also feels very American to me, for some reason. [name_u]Parker[/name_u] on a girl is definitely too trendy for my taste.

In general there are only a couple of names that I like equally on both boys and girls ([name_u]Shura[/name_u], for example), I usually have a strong preference for one gender.

Remy is my favourite name and one of the few unisex names that are completely neutral for me. I tend to like most unisex names for girls. It’s my top boy choice, I can’t use it for a girl where I live.

Blake - If I heard it being called out l would assume boy but I think it’s quite sleek and charming for a girl.

Morgan - I know its unisex but I only ever hear or encounter girls with this name.

Finley - I’ve never heard this on a girl.

Parker - All girl to me! It’s so interesting on a girl but on a boy kinda meh.

I generally like unisex names, but the ones you mentioned are quite all boy, with the exception of [name_u]Remy[/name_u] and [name_u]Finley[/name_u]. I can definitely see [name_u]Finley[/name_u] on a girl. I’ve known a number of girl [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]’s, but it doesn’t have a great sound for a girl.

I like [name_u]Remy[/name_u] a lot! I picture it slightly more for a girl just from personal experience, but wouldn’t be surprised to see a boy with that name. I like the full name [name_u]Remington[/name_u] too which [name_u]Remy[/name_u] could be a nickname for.

Blake I picture for a boy. I did know one girl with the name [name_u]Blake[/name_u] which I thought was cool. But I would automatically assume [name_u]Blake[/name_u] was a boy.

Morgan I feel is pretty gender neutral. I think most of the [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]’s I know are girl’s, but again I wouldn’t be surprised to see if used for a boy.

Finely I automatically picture as a boy. I don’t think I’ve met any girl [name_u]Finley[/name_u]’s and wouldn’t even think of it as a girl’s name.

Parker I think is cute on a girl! I do consider it a boy’s name, but am always excited to hear it used for a girl.

I prefer [name_u]Remy[/name_u], [name_u]Blake[/name_u], and [name_u]Parker[/name_u] on girls. With [name_u]Blake[/name_u] and [name_u]Parker[/name_u], I completely agree with you. For boys, they seem like sort of basic, frat boy names but on girls, they just have this extra spunk! I would only use [name_u]Blake[/name_u] as a middle name but it’s a wonderful little punch to any name.

I also love [name_u]Finley[/name_u] for a boy! I don’t mind it on a girl but I think it’s the opposite as with [name_u]Parker[/name_u] and [name_u]Blake[/name_u]. It just doesn’t have the same spark on a girl as it does on a boy. I honestly think the soft, perceived femininity (because it is getting more common for girls) is what gives me the spark.

I don’t like [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] for either but since I was bullied by a girl [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] when I was younger, I prefer it for a boy.

1 Like

[name_u]Remy[/name_u] - The only person I know with this name is a girl, but spelled [name_u]Remi[/name_u]. Because of that, I see this as entirely unisex! It’s a very sweet name!

[name_u]Blake[/name_u] - Feels way too harsh for a girl imo. Works well for a boy!

[name_u]Morgan[/name_u] - I’ve known so many girl Morgans, so it’s hard for me to picture on a boy. Feels dated on a girl.

[name_u]Finley[/name_u] - One of my favorite boy names! I definitely don’t like it much on a girl, but it works.

[name_u]Parker[/name_u] - I don’t like this on either gender, but it definitely seems more masculine.

These five names are all unisex names that I can see on either gender. The only one I have a strong preference on is [name_u]Parker[/name_u] for a girl (it’s one of my favorites) but for the rest I like them equally on both genders.

1 Like

“Frat boy names” made me laugh (can’t say I disagree though!). They really do feel completely different on girls than boys, don’t they?

1 Like

Remy - boy but [name_u]Remi[/name_u] girl
[name_u]Blake[/name_u] - Boy
[name_u]Morgan[/name_u] - Girl
[name_u]Finley[/name_u] - Boy, but I can easily imagine it on a girl
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] - Boy

[name_u]Remy[/name_u] - love on a boy! Not a fan on a girl. I absolutely adore [name_u]Romy[/name_u] on a girl, though!
[name_u]Blake[/name_u] - I like [name_u]Blake[/name_u] for both genders. it has a nice preppy, but friendly feel to it :slight_smile: I agree it has a (slightly) different vibe and also feels more dated on a boy.
[name_u]Morgan[/name_u] - I like it on a boy, but i find it extremely dated on a girl.
[name_u]Finley[/name_u] - exclusively masculine in my mind.
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] - not my fave on either gender. I typically lean towards thinking of it more so on the girl side.

Remy is the only one I like equally on boys and girls; I prefer [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] (though I associate it with girls), [name_u]Parker[/name_u], [name_u]Finley[/name_u], and [name_u]Blake[/name_u] on boys.

I actually love unisex names! I like them for both boy and girl. With all of your names I definitely consider them unisex.

Remy- I love this on either gender! I think if I heard this I would probably assume it would be a boy but that’s because I mostly think of Ratatouille when I hear this name.

Blake- Honestly I don’t really like the name [name_u]Blake[/name_u] but that personal style. It’s definitely unisex so I wouldn’t know completely but I would assume it would be a boy.

Morgan- I really like [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] for boys but not as much for a girl. It’s firmly unisex and I wouldn’t know if it was a boy or girl at all until I met them.

Finley- Pretty much the same as [name_u]Blake[/name_u] but I would think it was a girl.

Parker- Definitely unisex but I would think it was a boy before meeting them, mostly because I associate it with [name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_u]Parker[/name_u].

1 Like

Remy - eh, I could take it or leave it. I do vastly prefer it for a boy, but I’ve never really FELT anything for it one way or another. I do vastly prefer it to [name_u]Remington[/name_u], though, but the closest I’d get to this on a girl would be [name_f]Remember[/name_f] nn [name_f]Emmy[/name_f].

Blake - I’ve played around with this a tiny bit because of an experiment I’m doing right now… identifying which names rank for each state’s top 100 that don’t rank nationally on the top 100. [name_u]Blake[/name_u] ranks a couple times for girls. I wouldn’t use it up front, but I like the idea of something like [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_u]Blake[/name_u] or [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_u]Blake[/name_u], for example, much more than anything with [name_u]Blake[/name_u] in it for a boy? I’m just not a huge [name_u]Blake[/name_u] fan in general, but [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_u]Blake[/name_u] or [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_u]Blake[/name_u] sounds like a lady in regency [name_f]England[/name_f] to me (obviously an [name_f]English[/name_f] lady then wouldn’t have had [name_u]Blake[/name_u] for a middle, but I’m thinking more fn/ln here). haha.

Morgan - I vastly prefer it on a boy, and almost invariably always have. I much prefer [name_f]Morgana[/name_f] for a girl, which I’m always quite smitten with but never enough to commit.

Finley - I can barely see the appeal on a girl, but I like it much, much more for a boy.

Parker - Leverageeeeee. Yes, yes, yes. Categorically, I’m opposed to unisex names on girls because I have one (share it with my uncle’s brother, strangely enough), and hate it. But something about [name_u]Parker[/name_u] is fascinating for a girl, and probably seems to work so well because of [name_u]Parker[/name_u] on Leverage. I think something simple, like [name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] or [name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Kate[/name_f], is lovely, or even something a little more vintage and unexpected, like [name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Amalia[/name_f] or [name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]. [name_u]Parker[/name_u]’s much more interesting for a girl haha.

Remy: I love this name but I do prefer it on girls.

Blake: I strongly dislike this name but there’s no fault in liking it.

Morgan: Pretty bland but not awful.

Finley: [name_m]Fin[/name_m] is a better name but I still like it.

Parker: It’s decent but I love it as a last name.

YES YES YES A FELLOW LEVERAGE FAN! We’re rewatching the show right now and it reminded me of how much I like [name_u]Parker[/name_u] for a girl. Without the show, I don’t think I would love it as much as I do. [name_u]Parker[/name_u] on Leverage has forever imbued this name with an extra layer of cool for me!