Opinions on this combo

I’ve recently fallen in love with the name [name_u]Selby[/name_u] [name_u]Roux[/name_u].
While I know [name_u]Selby[/name_u] is traditionally a male name I prefer it for a girl. It’s way less common compared to [name_u]Willow[/name_u] but has the same tree association.
[name_u]Roux[/name_u] is in honor of my favorite painter [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] van Gogh whose nickname was “Fou Roux”.
Most people I’ve asked seem to dislike this combo, so I was looking for opinions here.
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you like the name [name_u]Selby[/name_u] [name_u]Roux[/name_u], why or why not?

I like it!! I’ve never heard [name_u]Selby[/name_u] before but I think I’d prefer it on a girl as well.
I personally prefer the [name_u]Rue[/name_u] spelling for girls, but I love the [name_u]Van[/name_u] Gogh honor :yellow_heart:

1 Like

I kind of like it! It’s not my typical style, but it’s spunky & unexpected. I actually know a sweet little girl [name_u]Selby[/name_u], so maybe I’m biased.

1 Like

So cool! Unexpected but gorgeous

1 Like

I prefer [name_u]Shelby[/name_u].

1 Like

I like [name_u]Selby[/name_u] too, but I also prefer the spelling [name_u]Rue[/name_u] for a girl. However, because it has a special meaning for you, I think [name_u]Roux[/name_u] definitely works.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your feedback, I appreciate it!

[name_u]Selby[/name_u] [name_u]Roux[/name_u] is interesting. I like the sounds

1 Like

It’s not my personal style, but if I heard it out in the world, my reaction would be “That is such a COOL name!” I say go for it!

2 Likes

[name_u]Selby[/name_u] is fine, I’m not keen on [name_u]Roux[/name_u] though. It’s in its masculine form and the name of a sauce. Maybe [name_f]Ginger[/name_f] instead? [name_m]Ive[/name_m] noticed quite a bit of cringe use of french words in names. [name_u]Rue[/name_u] is just as bad, it’d be like a french person using [name_f]Street[/name_f] as a name.

2 Likes

I’m obsessed!!!

1 Like

I don’t like it, it’s just not to my taste. It’s going to get a mix of opinions so I’d say just go for it if you love it. It’s certainly not burdensome or cruel.

1 Like

Thank you all, I appreciate your responses. I know it’s not everyone’s style but I’m glad to see it getting some love on here.

1 Like