[name_u]Valentine[/name_u]
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f]
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwenyth[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Mallory[/name_f]
[name_f]Trista[/name_f]

[name_u]Valentine[/name_u] - This is alright, but I prefer it on a boy. [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] is a favourite of mine for a girl though.

[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] - [name_f]Lovely[/name_f], and relatively unheard of, but, not my favourite [name_f]Rose[/name_f] name. I think it might be a bit too over-the-top in some instances, but in others I think it’s ok. It sort of seems like it would only work in formal situations, in a sense, like, for example, on Downton [name_u]Abbey[/name_u], Lady [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] is a no-nonsense, buttoned up type, who rarely smiles, or even shows emotion, and is very ‘prim and proper’ - I feel like this is the only way I can really see [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] some days, but others, I think of [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] [name_m]Pike[/name_m], and my view changes slightly.

[name_f]Isadora[/name_f] - I think [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] is rather pretty, but I can’t quite shake the image of the tragic [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] [name_m]Duncan[/name_m].

[name_f]Blythe[/name_f] - Eh, I used to love this name, but all I think of now is ‘blight’ - as in a plant disease. I’m also not a fan of ‘lispy’ sounds, like [name_f]Lilith[/name_f], [name_f]Blythe[/name_f], - or any name that ends in a ‘th’ really.

[name_f]Gwenyth[/name_f] - Same with the lispy sound, but also, I believe the traditional Welsh spelling is [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f], which looks a lot nicer to me.

[name_f]Helena[/name_f] - [name_f]Lovely[/name_f], depending on how you’re pronouncing it. I prefer Hel-ay-nah to [name_f]Helen[/name_f]-ah.

[name_f]Mallory[/name_f] - I used to love the name [name_f]Mallory[/name_f], but I went to school with one who was horrid, so I’m not keen on it now (although, I went to school with a [name_f]Malorie[/name_f] who was also lovely, and I almost prefer that?

[name_f]Trista[/name_f] - Not a fan, though I do like [name_f]Krista[/name_f]. [name_f]Trista[/name_f] looks incomplete to me - like it’s meant to be [name_u]Tristan[/name_u], and even then, I only like [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] on a boy.

[name_u]Valentine[/name_u]- I also prefer [name_f]Valentina[/name_f]. [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] just sounds too much like the holiday, and the [name_m]Saint[/name_m] was a boy im pretty sure.

[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]- I love [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] as mns, but the mund ending doesn’t sound feminine enough, it reminds me of [name_m]Edmund[/name_m].

[name_f]Isadora[/name_f]- this is soooo pretty! I love isadora, I think it is a nice break from [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f], and isa and [name_f]Dora[/name_f] make really cute nicknames!

[name_f]Blythe[/name_f]- I’m really not a fan of this. It’s not my style at all, and it feels kind of awkward to say.

[name_f]Gwenyth[/name_f]- also not my style. [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] is cute, but I prefer [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]

[name_f]Helena[/name_f]- I love this name! I like both pronunciations but especially hel eh nah, as that was my best friends name growing up. (She went by [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] though)

[name_f]Mallory[/name_f]- this reminds me of the character from my favorite series as a kid, babysitters club. But anyways, it’s a nice name, just not my favorite of yours.

[name_f]Trista[/name_f]- I actually like this. I like [name_u]Tristan[/name_u], although it is very trendy now, and [name_f]Trista[/name_f] is a cute feminine form of that.

[name_u]Valentine[/name_u] - I love this but I also like the idea of [name_f]Valentina[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] - I agree with previous comment about the ‘mund’ sounding rather masculine
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f] - I think this is a wonderfully charming name. I also quite like the nickname options. ‘[name_f]Dora[/name_f]’ ‘[name_u]Izzy[/name_u]’ etc
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f] - Not my style at all
[name_f]Gwenyth[/name_f] - I actually love this name, again I like the nickname options and I think it ages nicely.
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]- One of my all time favorite names, I think it looks/sounds Classy.
[name_f]Mallory[/name_f]- [name_u]Love[/name_u] this name too, but not fond of the meaning it holds me back from using it personally.
[name_f]Trista[/name_f]- Least favorite of your choices I am not a fan of the sound of it. I prefer [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] but that feels masucline to me.

[name_u]Valentine[/name_u]
I love this name. It’s sweet, meaningful, and has an ancient [name_m]Roman[/name_m] feel. I think [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] is more stunning, but [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] is wonderful. A modern (and yet ancient) take on [name_f]Valerie[/name_f] (which you might also consider! It’s similar to [name_f]Mallory[/name_f]. You can even spell it [name_u]Valery[/name_u] to get that “y” you’re favouring).

While beautiful and medieval, it also feels a bit “hipster”, as well as being a heavy name that would likely be shortened.

[name_f]Isadora[/name_f]

I like this name, but it will likely be shortened by those who don’t care for the name. It seems divisive, I think people see the word “sad” in it and find the name mournful.

[name_f]Blythe[/name_f]

This name is cheerful, pretty and strong.

[name_f]Gwenyth[/name_f]

I prefer [name_f]Gwenyth[/name_f] to [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] that’s for sure! Would you consider the [name_f]Gweneth[/name_f] spelling? I think it looks more medieval and more gentle, while the main thing is that people would be less likely to trip up the pronunciation.

[name_f]Helena[/name_f]

One of my favourite names, only it seems like the safe option compared to the other names on this list. It does hit a certain sweet spot, between the romantic names and the good-natured names you like. I think with a more adventurous middle from your list this would be very beautiful.

[name_f]Mallory[/name_f]

I really like this name for you. It has a perfect blend of strength and femininity, and it’s stylish without seeming too trendy.

[name_f]Trista[/name_f] 

This name suits your style. It bears similarity to [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] and even [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] with its sounds. I speak [name_m]French[/name_m] and have always worried that [name_f]Trista[/name_f]/[name_u]Tristan[/name_u] seems sad because of the word “triste”.

Favorites

1. [name_f]Mallory[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Helena[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Gwenyth[/name_f]/[name_f]Gweneth[/name_f]

Combinations:

[name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwenyth[/name_f] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]
[name_f]Gwenyth[/name_f] [name_f]Isadora[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwenyth[/name_f] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]
[name_f]Mallory[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_f]Mallory[/name_f] [name_f]Isadora[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]

The names on your list are so romantic. They all give me an aristocratic British vibe. :slight_smile:

[name_u]Valentine[/name_u] - [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] is pretty, but I prefer [name_f]Valentina[/name_f].
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] - [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] is one of the most unique variations of [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and one of my favorites. I don’t find the “mund” ending masculine at all.
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f] - I love [name_f]Isadora[/name_f]! It’s so unexpected after the popularity of [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f].
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f] - [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] is simple and beautiful. It reminds me of the sea.
[name_f]Gwenyth[/name_f] - I prefer the [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] spelling.
[name_f]Helena[/name_f] - I prefer the He-lay-na pronunciation.
[name_f]Mallory[/name_f] - I love [name_f]Mallory[/name_f]! I think it has a dark and tomboyish, yet distinctly feminine vibe.
[name_f]Trista[/name_f] - I don’t like [name_f]Trista[/name_f] at all. It doesn’t seem to fit in with your other choices either.

That’s interesting because I feel precisely opposite. I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Helen[/name_f]-ah, but Hel-ay-nah feels awkward and clunky to me. I’m also not too big on the ‘ay’ dipthong in any name. (I also really dislike [name_f]Helen[/name_f] on it’s own. I’m picky, and [name_f]Helena[/name_f] took a while to grow on me in the first place, haha)

[name_f]Valentina[/name_f] is nice, but I don’t like the ‘ee’ sound either – [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] has such a sweet, crisp ending, and I feel it’s more neutral than masculine, but I prefer it on a girl. I’ve met a few male '[name_m]Valentino[/name_m]'s, so that’s what I associate with masculine.

I actually like how heavy [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] is. Other [name_f]Rose[/name_f]- names feel too light. [name_f]Rosalia[/name_f] (which would have been my sister’s name if I’d had one), [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], Roseline… They don’t seem as serious, and I find the [name_f]Rose[/name_f] part paired with -mund to be a really nice and interesting contrast.

@anyagreenwich, I like your medieval observation! I never noticed that. I’m not a big history buff but I see where that’s coming from, for sure.

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the thoughts.

(disclaimer – these are potential character names, so I’m taking from more of a meaning/connotation stance than a real world use and practicality one)

keep
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Mallory[/name_f]

[name_u]Valentine[/name_u]: I prefer this one on a boy. I like this name a lot, even though I hate Velentina. Very romantic.

[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]: pretty. I also like the spelling [name_f]Rosamond[/name_f]. As @anyagreenwich said, it will likely be shortened to [name_f]Rosa[/name_f]/ [name_f]Rose[/name_f], which I think is a wonderful nn. But I disagree with @kipperbo1, that this name doesn’t sound feminine enough, for me, it’s a very feminine name but without being girly.

[name_f]Isadora[/name_f]: objectively, a beautiful name with a vintage aura. But someone destroyed this name for me. I prefer [name_u]Isa[/name_u] over [name_f]Dora[/name_f] as nn.

[name_f]Blythe[/name_f]: reminds me of “blind”. I’m never sure how to pronounce this one, so I don’t like it.

[name_f]Gwenyth[/name_f]: pretty. I prefer this one over [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]. Sounds modern.

[name_f]Helena[/name_f]: I love [name_f]Helena[/name_f]. Very chic.

[name_f]Mallory[/name_f]: for some reason, it looks like a surname to me.

[name_f]Trista[/name_f]: well… nice. Not my favorite, but not bad either.