Opinions on Thorin

What does everyone think about [name_m]Thorin[/name_m] for a girl?
TIA :slight_smile: :blush: :heart:

Because there is a boy [name_m]Soren[/name_m] in my family, it feels like I’m misreading/mispronouncing that name when I think of [name_m]Thorin[/name_m] :grimacing:

I actually know a girl [name_m]Soren[/name_m] and I love the name on her, as well as my male family member.

i also prefer [name_f]Thora[/name_f]. And I found a list of other boy names starting with “[name_m]Thor[/name_m]” that I think are ok for a girl:

Thorlee / Thorly / Thorleigh
Thorlea / Thorlae
Thorlief
Thorben

I feel like it’s saying [name_m]Soren[/name_m] with a lisp. Not my favorite, but it could work.

Tbh I can only think of [name_m]Thorin[/name_m] Oakenshield so it seems very masculine to me.
I like @jonquils suggestion of [name_f]Thora[/name_f] though :blush:

5 Likes

I completely agree with @whatchamacallit

1 Like

I love [name_m]Thorin[/name_m], but I prefer it for a boy. I agree with @whatchamacallit, [name_m]Thorin[/name_m] Oakenshield is who I think of too!

I love the suggestion of [name_f]Thora[/name_f]!!

3 Likes

Definitely thought this was a mispost at first that was supposed to be in the Boys section. [name_m]Thorin[/name_m] just sounds so masculine to me! I really like [name_f]Thora[/name_f] though.

1 Like

Agreed!

1 Like

It sounds a bit like someone saying [name_m]Soren[/name_m] with a lisp.

That said, it is pretty and unique and not too masculine, but you’ll probably want another more familiar (tho not necessarily popular) middle name that also has a bit more femininity to it. She could choose what to go by when she’s older.

I hear [name_m]Thorn[/name_m]…
[name_f]Thora[/name_f] is a nice alternative, as others have suggested.

What a handsome boy’s name!

Thorin is okay just a little harsh for me

I love it for a boy, but it’s not my favourite for a girl. [name_f]Thora[/name_f] is adorable though! You could probably make [name_m]Thorin[/name_m] work, but it feels a little off.

Maybe bc I have a slight southern accent, but when I say it, it sounds like [name_m]Thorn[/name_m] to me which I don’t care for. I do love [name_f]Thora[/name_f] for a girl, though.

It very much belongs to [name_m]Thorin[/name_m] Oakenshield for me, so it’s very masculine.
[name_f]Thora[/name_f], [name_f]Thea[/name_f], and [name_f]Thelma[/name_f] are more feminine.