Opinions on TTC amidst Pandemic

I’m so sorry for your loss :pray:t2: :pray:t2:

1 Like

In theory, I can’t imagine the pandemic would stop us. (We’re not looking to have another right now regardless.)
Who knows how long this is all going to continue? While certain things have to be put on hold for the time being, growing a family at the right time takes precedence, and couldn’t be put off indefinitely for us.

I had a baby in [name_u]June[/name_u]. We live in Australia, where case numbers have never been exceptionally high. Was experiencing my third trimester during the height of COVID-restrictions ideal? Far from it! But all things considered, it wasn’t as bad as it could have been (considering the situations elsewhere around the world).

Probably the biggest drawback for us was, and continues to be, not being able to visit with family. International travel is totally off the table, and even state borders are closed. Both sets of grandparents live in other countries, and even my sister, who lives in an adjacent state, hasn’t been able to meet our son yet.

For us, that’s really been the toughest part through all of this. Hopefully this isn’t a factor that others here have to consider, but it’s definitely something I would take into consideration if this hindsight was available at this time last year.

1 Like

So sorry You’re going through not seeing grandparents too. It must be devastating when they haven’t met your LO yet! I’m in the same boat with parents overseas. I’ve been writing to ScoMo and various representatives and the ABC trying to put the idea out there that should borders open a little, parents of citizens/permanent residents should be the first ones considered. Sounds like they’re thinking international students first though. Hopefully some of these new quarantine facilities open up spaces for more people to come through. It’s so sad! [name_f]My[/name_f] son is 19 months now and my dad still hasn’t met him. He had health issues the year my son was born and was planning on coming over in [name_f]May[/name_f] (13 months old) but that didn’t happen. Ugh. Fingers crossed you will be able to see your sister at least before the end of the year!

1 Like

Thank you! And I’m sorry that you’re going through similar. It’s been so tough, and I thank you for your efforts writing the powers that be. [name_f]My[/name_f] heart goes out to you - I hope you’re able to introduce your son to your dad soon!

We’re trying to remain cautiously optimistic that we’ll be able to coordinate [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] with my side of the family - optimism is about all we’ve got left to work with these days! [name_f]My[/name_f] folks are in NZ, so we’re keeping our fingers crossed for eased quarantine rules within the travel bubble. Unfortunately, there’s no telling when we’ll be able to reunite with my in-laws in the UK.

Hopefully we’ll all be able to look back on this time as just a small blip in the bigger picture. :heart:

1 Like

I can’t say too much about this… (I work at a hospital) We had a pregnant woman come in recently and her COVID symptoms were severe. They ended up doing an emergency c-section, several weeks premature. Now the baby is isolated on a different unit. Mom is in the ICU, obviously isolated. Dad is quarantined at home, alone. Their other kids are with a relative. The only way anyone can see the baby is video chat with a staff member.

The whole thing broke my heart. I’m honestly still processing it and haven’t stopped thinking about this baby and what their parents must be going through. Everyone is just… Alone :cry:

2 Likes