Opinions on Waverly and a W last name?

My partner and I recently fell in love with the name [name_u]Waverly[/name_u]! However, our last name starts with a W as well-- for the sake of privacy, I’ll say that it is White. Does “[name_u]Waverly[/name_u] White” sound too cartoonish or cutesy? I don’t mind alliteration in names, but W is not the most common first letter and we worry that it’ll be too much.

We are considering [name_f]Ann[/name_f] and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] as honorific middle names. We would likely be calling her Waves/Wavie as a nickname if that makes any difference. Please let me know what you think!

I like alliteration in names and feel that it can add to a great name rather than take away from it :slight_smile:
[name_u]Waverly[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] are both lovely.

I actually really like it! I think that it works out because honestly, you don’t use the first and last name combo so much only when you get introduced.

Waverly W- sounds fine to me. I like the sound of [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

I like the alliteration, it makes the name feel more memorable! [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] is a lovely choice, by the way! so spunky and cool!!

1 Like

I like it! As long as the surname is short and solid, like White (ie. not the same rhythm as [name_u]Waverly[/name_u]), I think it works just fine.

Waverly Watts, [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] [name_m]Willis[/name_m], [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] [name_m]Woods[/name_m] = yes

Waverly [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u], [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] Wembley = too much

2 Likes

I like it! Alliteration is fine as long as the rest of the name doesnt sound too rhymey. [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] White is totally fine but [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] Weasley would be too much, for example!

I actually know of a family with a last name that begins with a W and they’ve had two kids so far and have given each a fn that begins with a W so I think it completely works!

I really love it! I don’t think it’s too much. Maybe just avoid O for a middle initial because then you’ll get WOW but that’s kind of cute too imo.

It doesn’t sound “cartoonish” to me at all. [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] “White” is darling!

I love it! As long as your last name is simple, as someone previously posted.