Opinions? Please help me decide!

Does anybody have any thoughts on the names Pearlavera and [name_f]Primavera[/name_f]? I really like Pearlavera for a spring baby. Tell me what you think!:blush::smile:

I like [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]/[name_f]Perla[/name_f] and think [name_f]Primavera[/name_f] is sweet, but Pearlavera looks and sounds like a “smoosh” name which I strongly dislike. There are other names which mean “pearl,” and other names you could use to conjure up springtime, so I think there’s a better option.

[name_f]Primavera[/name_f] is lovely! It’s literally “spring” in Portuguese. [name_u]Love[/name_u] it!

Pearlavera is a bit too much of a mashup of names for me, and I would slightly prefer it if spelled without the first “a,” so Perlavera. [name_f]Primavera[/name_f] is a stunning name, though. Evocative, meaningful, rhythmic, and feminine. Another name to consider might be [name_f]Paloma[/name_f], which seems to suit your style and means dove, a nature name that symbolizes rejuvenation and peace.

Pearlavera is odd for a first name, but not so bad for a middle name. I actually like it better than [name_f]Primavera[/name_f] which makes me think of pasta first, prima donna second, and spring third – even though it means spring in at least four languages.

Vesna is derived from the transliteration of spring in Russian.

Of these options, I prefer [name_f]Primavera[/name_f]. Personally, Pearlavera just feels like an unnatural combination of two names that don’t really fit together :frowning: Plus, [name_f]Primavera[/name_f] is sweet and unique with plenty of nickname potential!

Pearlavera looks made up. And yes, while [name_f]Primavera[/name_f] means spring, it is also a poplular menu item in Italian restaurants. So she might get Pasta [name_f]Primavera[/name_f] as a childish taunt.