Opinions PLEASE:) thoughts on my girls name due in 2 weeks!

My daughter is due on Dec 23rd (caesarean) and we have had the first name sorted of a long time, but were struggling with a middle name. We have decided sort of, but I would like outside opinions please:) so the name is [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]-[name]Rose[/name]. We were originally just going for [name]Rose[/name] as the middle name, but since it is christmas and we had been trying to choose between [name]Ivy[/name] or [name]Rose[/name], we decided to use them both. Does it sound ok having 2 middle names? Obviously she will just go by the name [name]Eloise[/name]. Thanks all! Xx

I like [name]Ivy[/name] better but I love the whole name. Save [name]Rose[/name] for another child.

I think [name]Rose[/name] flows better with [name]Eloise[/name] (a name I [name]Love[/name] btw!) I think [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] together sounds too plant themed and I think [name]Ivy[/name] may sound a bit clunky after how soflty [name]Eloise[/name] flows :slight_smile:

I like [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]-[name]Rose[/name] fine so if you love it, use it! It flows fine in my opinion and I don’t care so much that they are both plant names. If you don’t care then go for it!

But if I were picking one, I would pick [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Ivy[/name].

I would go with [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]! So pretty, and it has that [name]Christmas[/name] connection. [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is pretty, but it’s too rhymey for me. I love two MNs, personally, but [name]Ivy[/name]-[name]Rose[/name] is very flowery. Maybe [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Rose[/name]? I like that better than [name]Ivy[/name]-[name]Rose[/name] hyphenated. Does the naturey thing bother you?

I generally like two middle names but that is a lot of plants, but if you are ok with it that is fine. I think [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] is wonderful, I think that [name]Rose[/name] is becoming such a filler middle name now :frowning:

Good luck :slight_smile:

I don’t like that [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] end in the same sound, so I would suggest just [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Ivy[/name], which is beautiful. I also really like [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Holly[/name].

Thanks guys:) I also love [name]Holly[/name], but it’s my dogs name lol:) I’ll have to give it more thought!

What about [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Rose[/name] with out hyphen?

I wonderful if you love it, but for me I couldn’t handle a few things about it. E & I in [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name] clash, the S’s in [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] clash really bad (to my ears) as well. Plus, I don’t like the double plant middle name.

I like [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Rose[/name], but without the hyphen, which is totally pointless in a mn and just looks affected to me, if I’m honest. If I had to choose between the two, I like [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] best. A compromise could be [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Iris[/name]?

I like [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]-[name]Rose[/name], and I like [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]. Nothing wrong with [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Rose[/name], while we’re at it. Have you thought about [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Noel[/name]/[name]Noelle[/name]?

I think [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is nicer without the hyphen, and like people have already said it is very planty, but if you like that then thats fine. But if it were up to me I would just have [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Ivy[/name], as [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Rose[/name] clashes unfortunately as the ends sound too similar, and [name]Rose[/name] is a bit of a filler name, whereas [name]Ivy[/name] is gorgeous!

I like [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] better without the [name]Rose[/name].

A few suggestions:

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Winter[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Joy[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Holiday[/name]

Unfortunately, they both seem to clash sound-wise to me. But here are some more suggestions that I think work well with [name]Eloise[/name] (a beautiful name, by the way).

[name]Clara[/name]- the little girl in the Nutcracker

Names that recall the spirit of the season:
[name]Faith[/name]
[name]Hope[/name]
[name]Joy[/name]
Miscellaneous:
[name]Carol[/name] - may be kind of cheesy? [name]Even[/name] still, I think [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Carol[/name] has a nice ring to it.

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]-[name]Rose[/name] sounds fine. If I had to pick just one middle name, I’d pick [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] because I think [name]Ivy[/name] sounds better with [name]Eloise[/name] than [name]Rose[/name] does.

[name]Rose[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name] are both beautiful names to go along with [name]Eloise[/name]. Congratulations on finding such a beautiful first name! This is only my opinion, but i like [name]Ivy[/name]. It is less common than [name]Rose[/name], and gives you a break from all the “s” sounds that [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Rose[/name] would produce from the middle “s” in both names. [name]Remember[/name], just like your parents, you’ll be shouting her first and middle name together later when she’s gotten into some mischief. I say yell it out like your calling someone who’s about to get disciplined and see which one you like best coming from you. Which one flows easiest (most musically) from you.
Good [name]Luck[/name]!
and again, congratulations!

I love it!

The only complaint I have is the hyphen. [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Rose[/name] would look a lot cleaner and prettier. It’s a lovely name. I don’t mind the double florals.