opinions please?

hey! by having such an out of the ordinary name such as “reneashia” for my first name; i have decided i would like to have unique names for my children as well one day. here are some of the names i have chosen. some may be wrote more then once but that is only because i like some names paired with others as well.

GIRLS :
karysn
brekyn
kyrahlei
avrie
skye
helaniah
amelyiah
harlow
rumar
emahrei
chevelle
adahlyn
jayde
rose
rhyane
honor
arykiah & alyviah " twins - erica & olivia. "

harlow karsyn jayde
averie rhyane honor
emahrie brekyn
adahlyn honor rose
kyrahlei rumar skye
helaniah chevelle

BOYS :
jaxsyn
kaine
caleb
weston
conley
joel
kyle
rush
nolan
justin
channing
karson
avery
axl
kash

jaxsyn caleb rush
jaxsyn conley rush
jaxsyn kyle
justin kash
axl rush
justin avery
karson avery rush
avery weston
channing kash
nolan kaine

From your girls’ list, I really love [name]Rose[/name] as a first name (it’s one of my favorites) :-), where it’s pretty underused.

I completely, completely appreciate and understand your desire to give your little one a special name, but I’d like to suggest using a name that’s special in and of itself and spelled correctly, not only to spare your child a lifetime of having to correct people’s spellings, but to give your child a name that will look professional in his or her adult life.

I had a very, very hard time pronouncing most of the names on your list, and in the end, the yooneekly spelled names are pronounced the same way as when they’re spelled authentically. To me (and I’m guessing many others, as well), the yooneekly spelled names don’t look yooneek, but only misspelled. :frowning:

Spelled authentically, I really liked a lot of the names on your list! :slight_smile:

Granted, this is just my humble opinion :-), but I know I’m not alone, and I think it’s important to consider how your baby’s name will be perceived.

Some more names you may like:

[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Auden[/name]
[name]Avalon[/name]
[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Araminta[/name]
[name]Aveline[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Amity[/name]
[name]Amabel[/name]
[name]Briar[/name]
[name]Bellamy[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Blake[/name]
[name]Blakely[/name]
[name]Bryony[/name] (a plant name)
[name]Cambria[/name]
Carrington
[name]Ciel[/name] (see-[name]EL[/name])
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Darien[/name]
[name]Emery[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Esme[/name] (EZ-may)
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Hyacinth[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Jonquil[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Katya[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Linden[/name]
[name]Lorelei[/name]
[name]Meadow[/name]
[name]Maren[/name]
[name]Marielle[/name]
[name]Odessa[/name]
[name]Paloma[/name] (nn [name]Lola[/name])
[name]Penelope[/name] (nn [name]Poppy[/name])
[name]Quincy[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name] (nn [name]Romy[/name])
[name]Rosalba[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
Rosamel
[name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name] (the s is pronounces like a z)
[name]Viola[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Waverly[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Zara[/name]

[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Abbott[/name]
[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]August[/name]/[name]Augustin[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Clifton[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Cullen[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Hudson[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Kellan[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Maxfield[/name]
[name]Pierson[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Piers[/name]
[name]Quinlan[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]/[name]Reid[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Truman[/name]
[name]Tate[/name]
[name]Vaughn[/name]
[name]Wilson[/name]
[name]Walker[/name]
[name]Whittaker[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]
[name]Zane[/name]
[name]Zachariah[/name]

I may have repeated some names from your list, and if I did, I apologize!

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

I am going to admit I do not like names that are misspelled. I think that you will find that names spelled this way will not be received with open arms.

From your list the names that I like are -

[name]Skye[/name] - my favorite from your girls list.
[name]Harlow[/name]
[name]Rose[/name] - my second favorite.
[name]Kaine[/name]
[name]Weston[/name] - my favorite from your boys list.
[name]Joel[/name]
[name]Kyle[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name] - my second favorite.
[name]Channing[/name]
[name]Avery[/name]

I have to agree with everyone that the misspellings just do not work for me. A word of advice: My name is [name]Erica[/name] and it is misspelled more than you can imagine…If it were me, I would not like the Arykiah spelling. I didn’t even know it would be pronounced like my name until you wrote it out…that’s not really a good sign. When graduation rolls around for Arykiah, there’s a good chance her name will be mis-said.

[name]Hi[/name], thanks for sharing! I think it’s great that you have a cool experience with your unique name and want to share that with your children. You have so many fun and beautiful names here that it’s difficult to know where to begin. Like others who have posted, I tend to be conservative about spelling. I don’t want to dwell on that aspect since it’s already been mentioned and I’m sure you have already given this some thought from your own experience but I do want to say that my concern about it is a practical one: I think the spelling distracts from the names you have chosen when people have to puzzle over them in print instead of simply appreciating them. :slight_smile: I would like to play around with the spellings and combos here and see if I can come up with anything you like, and of course feel free to disregard my take on it if you are strongly attached to the names as you have originally posted them. Good luck!

Girls:
[name]Avery[/name] [name]Skye[/name]
[name]Keira[/name] [name]Breckin[/name] [name]Skye[/name]
[name]Lorelei[/name] [name]Rumer[/name] [name]Skye[/name]: [name]Rumer[/name] is so unique, it really stands out in any combination
[name]Rose[/name] [name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name] [name]Honor[/name] [name]Rose[/name]: This is such a beautiful combination!
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Carson[/name] [name]Jade[/name]: This is trendy at the moment, not exactly my style but I like the sound of it, very fun. [name]Carson[/name] gives a more serious spin to the other names.
[name]Amerie[/name] or [name]Emery[/name] [name]Breckin[/name]: I love how [name]Breckin[/name] means “freckled,” this combo has great flow
[name]Helena[/name] [name]Chantal[/name]: Chevelle has a lovely sound but is closely associated with a car and a band–have you considered [name]Chantal[/name], [name]Camille[/name], or [name]Averil[/name]?
[name]Averil[/name] [name]Rhiannon[/name] [name]Honor[/name]: a combo like this is a little heavy on the R’s but promising
[name]Helena[/name] [name]Carson[/name] [name]Rain[/name]
[name]Breckin[/name] [name]Honor[/name]
[name]Rumer[/name] [name]Averil[/name] [name]Jade[/name]
[name]Lorelei[/name] [name]Keira[/name] [name]Jade[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name] [name]Chantal[/name] [name]Rose[/name]

Boys:
[name]Nolan[/name] [name]Kaine[/name] or [name]Cain[/name]: This is such a distinctive, strong, and attractive name
[name]Weston[/name] [name]Axl[/name]: [name]Axl[/name] is such a bold choice but still immediately recognizable, and [name]Weston[/name] has both classy and cowboy undertones to me so sounds established yet still new–it’s been fun to play with these
[name]Jackson[/name] [name]Caleb[/name] [name]Rush[/name]: Fantastic combo with one extra consideration–are you alright with the [name]Rush[/name] Limbaugh association?
[name]Weston[/name] [name]Kyle[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name] [name]Caleb[/name] [name]Channing[/name]: [name]Nolan[/name] and [name]Caleb[/name] are my favorites from your boys’ list–distinguished and spirited!
[name]Joel[/name] [name]Carson[/name] [name]Zane[/name]: I’m experimenting with [name]Zane[/name] because it sounds like [name]Kaine[/name] but sounds a little better (in my opinion) when combined with other C and K names, and because it’s still rather unique
[name]Everett[/name] [name]Justin[/name]
[name]Caleb[/name] [name]Nolan[/name] [name]Zane[/name]
[name]Justin[/name] [name]Caleb[/name] [name]Everett[/name]: I’m experimenting with [name]Everett[/name] instead of [name]Avery[/name] just because [name]Avery[/name] is so commonly used for girls nowadays–whether or not this is a concern just depends on your taste, it’s just one more option here
[name]Nolan[/name] [name]Xavier[/name] [name]Conley[/name]
[name]Axl[/name] [name]Justin[/name] [name]Conley[/name]

I have to agree that unique spellings are no good. The name itself can be all the unique you need.

GIRLS :
karysn
brekyn
kyrahlei
avrie
skye
helaniah
amelyiah
harlow
rumar
emahrei - Emmary?
chevelle - French for horse lol…
adahlyn < Very pretty
jayde
rose
rhyane
honor < gawjuz
arykiah & alyviah < Im sorry I couldn’t even pronounce these names to get erika and olivia" I got “[name]Air[/name]-kiah” and “alvia” twins - erica & olivia. "

harlow karsyn jayde
averie rhyane honor
emahrie brekyn
adahlyn honor rose
kyrahlei rumar skye
helaniah < Gawjuz

BOYS :
jaxsyn
kaine
caleb
weston
conley
joel < Not a very uncommon name
kyle
rush < lol rush!?
nolan
justin
channing < I like
karson
avery
axl < [name]Do[/name] you really want ur son named after a car wheel?
kash

jaxsyn caleb rush
jaxsyn conley rush
jaxsyn kyle
justin kash
axl rush
justin avery
karson avery rush
avery weston
channing kash
nolan kaine

I like [name]Honor[/name] and [name]Nolan[/name]!

I like [name]Rose[/name] & [name]Joel[/name]

I agree with teabee, when names are spelt differently it puts one off and it can take far too long to work out the name that it comes from and therefore it really spoils the whole flavour of the name.

Some people may even think that the parent was uneducated and didn’t know how to spell the name correctly. So, I really feel that the traditional spelling is best.

All the best it is lovely to find another person who is interested in names.

My favourites from your list are:

[name]Justin[/name]
[name]Joel[/name]
[name]Skye[/name]
[name]Honor[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name]

For girls I really like Avrie and [name]Karsyn[/name]. For boys I really like [name]Caleb[/name] and [name]Kyle[/name].