Opinions please?

[name]Hi[/name] all!
I’ve been browsing this website for a while now and [name]LOVE[/name] the advice given on potential names. My husband and I already have two children, [name]Edward[/name] [name]Daniel[/name] [name]James[/name] (5) and [name]Cassia[/name] [name]Violetta[/name] [name]Belle[/name] (3), and we are now expecting another little girl! :slight_smile: So I was wondering if you could read through our list and give some feedback?
So far we have:
[name]Mona[/name]
[name]Lilac[/name]
[name]Waverly[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Lucinda[/name]

Thoughts???

[name]Hi[/name]! I love your children’s names! :slight_smile:

[name]Mona[/name]: I have to admit that I think of the word “moan” when I hear “[name]Mona[/name],” so I prefer some of your other names. (I do like [name]Mira[/name]/[name]Mirabelle[/name]/[name]Miranda[/name] and [name]Mina[/name]/[name]Wilhelmina[/name], though, as well as [name]Ramona[/name].)

[name]Lilac[/name]: I think it’s a great name, but I can see with [name]Cassia[/name] better than I can with [name]Edward[/name].

[name]Waverly[/name]: I only think of the fabric/wallpaper company, and I can better see some of your other names with [name]Edward[/name].

[name]Felicity[/name]: I love this name so much! (One of my favorites…) :-)I can see it paired with [name]Edward[/name], but less so with [name]Cassia[/name], which feels more exotic to me.

[name]Lucinda[/name]: I think this is beautiful, too, and I can picture it with both [name]Edward[/name] and [name]Cassia[/name].

So, one vote for [name]Lucinda[/name]! ([name]Felicity[/name] is in second place for me, only because I can see it better with [name]Edward[/name] than with [name]Cassia[/name].) :slight_smile:

[name]Just[/name] for fun, I can also see these names with both [name]Edward[/name] and [name]Cassia[/name]:

[name]Amandine[/name]
[name]Bryony[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Eleanora[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] (nn [name]Evie[/name])
[name]Georgiana[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name] (nn [name]Thea[/name])
[name]Honora[/name] (nn [name]Nora[/name])
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Marielle[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] (nn [name]Poppy[/name] or [name]Nell[/name])
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name]
Rosabel
[name]Theodora[/name] (nn [name]Thea[/name])
[name]Vivien[/name]/[name]Vivienne[/name]

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

I really like your kid’s names-- [name]Cassia[/name] is so gorgeous!

[name]Mona[/name]: I don’t really think it fits with [name]Edward[/name] and [name]Cassia[/name], and it reminds me of moaning… what about as a nickname for [name]Ramona[/name]?

[name]Lilac[/name]: I really like the flower, but I’m not sure of it as a real name. What about just [name]Lila[/name], with [name]Lilac[/name] as a pet name?

[name]Waverly[/name]: I really don’t like this; it’s a surname, so doesn’t fit with your other kid’s classic names, and it also makes we think of the word ‘waver’.

[name]Felicity[/name]: This is great! [name]Edward[/name], [name]Cassia[/name], and [name]Felicity[/name]-- lovely.

[name]Lucinda[/name]: I also love this! I think [name]Felicity[/name] fits a tiny bit better, but [name]Lucinda[/name] is still really pretty.

Overall, my favorite is [name]Felicity[/name], with [name]Lucinda[/name] close behind!

I like [name]Felicity[/name] the best. Congrats!

[name]Mona[/name] - [name]Mona[/name]'s very pretty. (: Sometimes I think of “moan”, but most of the time it doesn’t come to mind. It also reminds me of [name]Mona[/name] from [name]Anne[/name] [name]Rice[/name]'s Vampire Chronicles and Lives of the Mayfair Witches, on a different note. And she was quite… ‘flirtatious’.
[name]Lilac[/name] - Liliac’s alright, but I prefer [name]Lavender[/name]/[name]Rose[/name]/[name]Lily[/name]/etc.
[name]Waverly[/name] - Reminds me of Wizards of [name]Waverly[/name] Place. xDD [name]Don[/name]'t like it too much.
[name]Felicity[/name] - [name]Felicity[/name] is lovely. :3
[name]Lucinda[/name] - [name]Lucinda[/name] is gorgeous! One of my favorites; it’s sort of dark and gothic, but is so stunning and wonderful. (:

Other names (sorry for any repeats):
[name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Wilhelmine[/name]
[name]Wilhelmina[/name] (I love the nickname [name]Mina[/name] for this.)
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Bianca[/name]
[name]Capucine[/name] (ka-puh-seen)
[name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Mary[/name]
[name]Loretta[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name]/ [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Margot[/name]
[name]Marguerite[/name]
[name]Charity[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Lunette[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Faye[/name]
[name]Madeleine[/name] (I love this more than [name]Madeline[/name]. :3 )
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Elena[/name]
[name]Avril[/name]
Luchina
[name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Persephone[/name]
[name]Phaedra[/name] (with the nickname [name]Fay[/name]/ Phae? [name]LOVE[/name] this name.)
[name]Astrid[/name]

[name]Just[/name] some random ones. (: Good luck!

My favorite is [name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Felicity[/name]…

Congratulations! I love your children’s names. [name]How[/name] do you pronounce [name]Cassia[/name]'s name?

[name]Mona[/name] - I don’t like this. It reminds me of the grandmother in “Who’s the [name]Boss[/name]” and I don’t think it goes with [name]Edward[/name] and [name]Cassia[/name].
[name]Lilac[/name] - [name]Lilac[/name] is very pretty and I like the link to [name]Violetta[/name]. I personally prefer [name]Lila[/name], but [name]Lilac[/name] is more unusual.
[name]Waverly[/name] - I love this, so pretty!
[name]Felicity[/name] - Gorgeous name, so pretty and ladylike.
[name]Lucinda[/name] - I like so many L and [name]Lou[/name] names, but for some reason [name]Lucinda[/name] has never appealed to me. Sorry!

I think [name]Lilac[/name] fits the best with [name]Edward[/name] and [name]Cassia[/name], and that [name]Waverly[/name] would make a lovely middle name for [name]Lilac[/name].

[name]Mona[/name] - It is pretty and I actually think of the [name]Mona[/name] [name]Lisa[/name] first. But, I do not think it fits with [name]Edward[/name] and [name]Cassia[/name].
[name]Lilac[/name] - I think this is very pretty, I like it a lot. It is not the best fit with [name]Edward[/name] and [name]Cassia[/name], but would be a great mn pick.
[name]Waverly[/name] - This is way too trendy for me and out of all of the name you have listed, it seems the most out of place with [name]Edward[/name] and [name]Cassia[/name]. In fact, it really seems out of place in this list.
[name]Felicity[/name] - I [name]LOVE[/name] this name. I think it goes really well with [name]Edward[/name] and [name]Cassia[/name] and is my favorite of your picks.
[name]Lucinda[/name] - This in nms, but I think it is a good pick to go with your [name]Edward[/name] and [name]Cassia[/name].

My votes would be for [name]Felicity[/name], first and [name]Lucinda[/name], secon, with [name]Lilac[/name] in a mn spot.

Wow! Thanks for all the ideas guys!

Lamps- we pronounce [name]Cassia[/name]'s name, cash-uh, although many people do pronounce it cass-ee-a.
[name]Jill[/name]- I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Honora[/name] with the nickname [name]Nora[/name]!!
Spiderweb- [name]Astrid[/name] is lovely, now on the list!

Last night, my husband also suggested the name [name]Nina[/name]. I love this, but it came completely out of left field for him. So now our list has been altered thanks to you guys and help from close friends and family

• [name]Honora[/name] (or Honoura- we prefer the English spelling as we live in Australia)
  • [name]Astrid[/name]
  • [name]Nina[/name]
  • [name]Vera[/name] (suggested by gran, but sure how it goes with [name]Edward[/name] and [name]Cassia[/name])
  • [name]Felicity[/name] (I just adore it)

[name]Lucinda[/name], [name]Waverly[/name] and [name]Lilac[/name] have been wiped off :frowning:

Our search continues…
hehe

I so love your kids’ names! :slight_smile: I think that [name]Honora[/name] is such a beautiful name, and I’m happy you like it.

[name]Honora[/name] (or Honoura- we prefer the English spelling as we live in Australia): I think this is beautiful, and while [name]Honora[/name] is closer to [name]Cassia[/name]'s style to me, [name]Nora[/name] works with both, making it a two-in-one name. :slight_smile:

[name]Astrid[/name]: I think it’s very pretty, but on The Office, there was a line about [name]Astrid[/name] being mistaken for “a$$ turd.” [name]Aster[/name] has the same issue for me, and I’d personally be worried about teasing.

[name]Nina[/name]: I think this name is beautiful, but I can better see [name]Lucinda[/name], [name]Felicity[/name], or [name]Honora[/name]/Honoura with your kids’ names.

[name]Vera[/name] (suggested by gran, but sure how it goes with [name]Edward[/name] and [name]Cassia[/name]): I think it’s a great name, both on its own and as a nickname for [name]Guinevere[/name] or [name]Veronica[/name] ([name]Susan[/name] came up with that!). I do think that [name]Vera[/name] on its own works really well with [name]Edward[/name] and [name]Cassia[/name]. :slight_smile: (High fives to Gran…) :slight_smile:

[name]Felicity[/name]: I love this name so much (I’ve always loved [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Nora[/name] [name]Jane[/name]).

I’ll vote for Felcity, [name]Vera[/name], and [name]Honora[/name]/[name]Nora[/name]. I love your style, [name]Melanie[/name]-[name]Elizabeth[/name]! :slight_smile: Oh! Because you like [name]Nina[/name], [name]Mina[/name] (nn for [name]Wilhelmina[/name]) came to mind. A poster chose this name for her baby girl a while ago, and I thought you may like it.

(And for what it’s worth, I pronounce your daughter’s name like you do.) :slight_smile:

Good luck! :slight_smile: