opinions please!

we already have a daughter named hazel lily.

for this little bean our top girl choice is iris.
our top boy choices are rory or silas.
whaddya think?

we have no good middle names…and are really looking for middle names that start with r, d or l (for both genders)
any suggestions?

also - our last name starts with an s. is silas s_____ too much?

thanks so much for looking!!!

I love the name [name]Iris[/name] but I find the nature theme a little too strong with [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Iris[/name]. If that connection doesn’t bother you, or you did it on purpose, then I think [name]Iris[/name] is a great choice!

[name]Iris[/name] [name]Rachel[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Rhiannon[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Daniella[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Diana[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name]

I love the name [name]Silas[/name]. [name]How[/name] many syllables is your last name and is the beginning S the only s sound? I think something like [name]Silas[/name] [name]Smith[/name] is ok where [name]Silas[/name] Schuster is too much. You might also like [name]Simon[/name] as it is one less s sound.

I know that [name]Hazel[/name] is officially a nature name, but to me, it seems to fall more into the great grandma name category (which is a good thing). I think if you used a sweet old, non-nature middle name with [name]Iris[/name] you wouldn’t have to worry about the nature theme being too strong. Of course, I am a nature name nut myself, so I wouldn’t have a problem with it anyway. :wink:

[name]How[/name] about…

[name]Iris[/name] [name]Louise[/name]?

It’s got the repetitive S sound which matches the repetitive L sound in [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Lily[/name], and the same folksy feminine feel.

For a boy I prefer [name]Silas[/name] over [name]Rory[/name]. It’s got the same feel as [name]Hazel[/name], and they sound great together too. [name]Hazel[/name] and [name]Silas[/name]. Yep, that’s nice. But I do agree with gwen’s mom that depending on your last name the S sound could be too much…

thanks for the opinions thus far!

our last name is two syllables, but it only has the s at the beginning.

i really love iris and i too think i am leaning more toward silas than rory…

keep the middle names coming!!!

[name]Iris[/name] is my daughters name so I love, love, love it! Her mn is [name]Leia[/name]. [name]Iris[/name] goes wonderfully with [name]Hazel[/name]! [name]How[/name] about:

[name]Iris[/name] [name]Raine[/name]/[name]Rain[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Renee[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Rianna[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Layne[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Lilliana[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Dylan[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Dawn[/name]