Opinions/suggestions for my boy name list if you please.

My husband and I are about to start TTC (next month, but maybe even this month) and while I am quite settled on my girl name, I keep flip-flopping between my boy names. It’s not that I can’t fall in love with a name, it’s that I’ve fallen in love with so many. So I’m going to list the names that have topped my list, gotten crossed off, and then have made a return because I just can’t decide for sure! I’m sure all of you reading can relate to that internal debate that never ends!

As the title said, opinions, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. [name]Feel[/name] free to swap middle names around as well or substitute one with something you think is better. After you see my list and think you have a name I might love that’s along these lines please share it! It’s still a very creative process since I’m not “100%” on any one name yet. Double middle names aren’t my usual tastes but I would consider them if it flows really really well. The last name is Gibbons.

[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Ambrose[/name]-nickname would be [name]Teddy[/name]. I actually love [name]Teddy[/name] while the proper [name]Theodore[/name] is second fiddle to the nickname, but I think it would age well. I love how my 4 year says [name]Teddy[/name] too, it’s really clear and she doesn’t struggle like most of the other names. I’m not sure if I will love this choice later on though since [name]Teddy[/name] might only be good on a young kid and not so much grown up. I don’t like the other nicknames at all.

[name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Beauregard[/name] This is a favorite for both myself and my husband, although he loves it more. This is his top choice actually. I do love how [name]Beauregard[/name] flows with the whole name, but am always open to different suggestions. There isn’t a downside to this name, I’m just not sure I love it as much as I love others.

[name]Ambrose[/name]-I <3 LOVE <3 this name but my husband doesn’t. He doesn’t veto it, but said it depends on the middle name. The only middle name he’s liked so far is Theodore, but I don’t think it flows so well. So I need a different middle name. Plus I don’t know if I should be selfish and go with a name my husband doesn’t love. He doesn’t overly care about names, but it’s something I do try to consider. (He named his Skyrim character UMM, because he’s that unconcerned with names to give you an idea…he’s NO help at all!)

Rafe Hollis Last year I was certain if I had another boy I would use this name. I still love it, but like Ambrose it may not be the one. I wonder if this is going to be a new trendy name like Aidan got after I used it. (Ralph Fiennes is pronounced the same way, but I don’t like how his is spelled Ralph but pronounced Rafe.) I don’t see anybody really suggest it on these forums though so perhaps I am wrong!!

Grayson Fitzpatrick Love Grayson, and I think Fitzpatrick would flow well with it. I think this name has a romantic, old-fashioned feel to it. This is another one that worries me though, because I am seeing it everywhere online. I’m not concerned with popular, but trendy does bother me. I want something that ages well too!

Some of the names I worry about if they would be ridiculed or picked on. They aren’t all the most macho of names, but they are boy names. I am also trying to weigh in how they look with just the first and last name since that’s how they’ll be known mostly. So Teddy Gibbons, Gabriel Gibbons, Ambrose Gibbons, Rafe Gibbons, Grayson Gibbons.

Aidan Mackenzie, Ava Dulcea, Remy Forrester and Mia Isobel are the names I’ve already used.

Remy was my son who has passed away of SIDS. I’d like to honor him without it being creepy, but I haven’t thought of a way. It’s not absolutely vital, but it would be a nice gesture if it worked out that way.

bumping. I would really appreciate some thoughts. I’d like to have a shorter list (2 at the most, but ideally just 1) beforehand so I don’t find myself stressing out later. Thank you. :slight_smile:

Firstly: I adore [name]Ambrose[/name].

[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Ambrose[/name] - I know a lot of Theodores and Theos and Teds. I don’t find the name ugly by any means but I don’t find it as interesting as your other choices. I think it would not be my first choice but I can’t slam it much - and [name]Ted[/name] sounds fine for a grown man. If you love it, it’s nothing to fear. However, my favourite way to get to [name]Ted[/name] is via [name]Edmund[/name].

[name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Beauregard[/name] - I love this. Well, I don’t love the very likely nickname [name]Gabe[/name], but I love [name]Gabriel[/name] and [name]Beauregard[/name] and I think they flow nicely together. [name]Gabe[/name] does frost me though, which is the only reason [name]Gabriel[/name] isn’t higher on my own list.

[name]Ambrose[/name] - So great. [name]Ambrose[/name] [name]Remington[/name]? [name]Ambrose[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]? [name]Ambrose[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name]. [name]Ambrose[/name] [name]Hugh[/name]. [name]Ambrose[/name] [name]Raphael[/name].

[name]Rafe[/name] [name]Hollis[/name] - Would like to see [name]Raphael[/name]/[name]Rafael[/name] [name]Hollis[/name], with [name]Rafe[/name] as nickname. Assuming from [name]Gabriel[/name] that angel names aren’t a problem, I think it flows nicely and has some nice substance without being outlandish. Also has a pretty meaning.

[name]Grayson[/name] [name]Fitzpatrick[/name] is not my style. Two surnames together sound like a corporate firm and not a name to me.