Opinions/Suggestions on Name List

Here is my short list for girls:

[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Kyla[/name]
[name]Shanna[/name]

What do you think. The first two are our top contenders. [name]Do[/name] you know of any unique Scottish names?

Hello,

[name]Fiona[/name]: Not really a fan of this name…

[name]Isla[/name]: My favorite from your list (cute)

[name]Kyla[/name]: I guess this could be my second fave…Prefer [name]Kayleen[/name] better

[name]Shanna[/name]: Not “feeling” this name, guess i need to work on it.

Good luck!

kyla has become rather popular; rather fast. i like isla and fiona!

[name]Shanna[/name] - feels a bit dated to me…

[name]Kyla[/name] - The name of one of my best friends, so I like it :slight_smile: She gets confused as “[name]Kayla[/name]” a LOT, though…

[name]Isla[/name] - Gorgeous. I love it! I think it’s popularity is going to be on a steady increase for awhile

[name]Fiona[/name] - [name]Love[/name] it! I’ve never met one, but its such a cute name. Nn Fi is adorable!

Ok, this is what I think-

[name]Fiona[/name]- Feels rather dated to me but still a good solid name (and pretty!) and very scottish. Fi or [name]Fifi[/name] are great shortenings for a little girl and its a sophisticated name on a woman.

[name]Isla[/name]- Beautiful name but getting so popular now (may not bother you). I prefer [name]Isis[/name].

[name]Isla[/name] [name]Fiona[/name] is great.

[name]Kyla[/name]- I like the simplicity of [name]Kyla[/name]. There are so many [name]Kayla[/name]/[name]Kyla[/name]/[name]Maya[/name]/[name]Mya[/name]/[name]Carla[/name] names about though that sometimes they all just blend into one for me! [name]Kyla[/name] is one of the best though imo.

[name]Shanna[/name]- Seems unfinished to me somehow, and doesn’t jump out at me. I prefer [name]Shannon[/name] or [name]Hannah[/name].

Ok these are not all strictly Scottish but what about these suggestions-

[name]Iona[/name] - Name of a beautiful scottish island and less mainstream than [name]Isla[/name]. This would be one of my top choices!

[name]Skye[/name] - Another Scottish island.

[name]Ainsley[/name]
[name]Blair[/name]
[name]Cameron[/name]
[name]Elsie[/name]
[name]Ailsa[/name]- I dainty and pretty alternative to [name]Elsa[/name]. I love it!
[name]Isobel[/name]- A popular name but a distinctly scottish spelling.
[name]Kenzie[/name]
[name]Kezia[/name]
[name]Maisie[/name] - So much more interesting than [name]Daisy[/name] or [name]Rosie[/name].
Nairna
[name]Tyra[/name]
[name]Bonny[/name]
[name]Campbell[/name]
[name]Lainie[/name]
[name]May[/name]

Cominations I rather like are-

[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Skye[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Ailsa[/name] [name]May[/name]
[name]Maisie[/name] [name]Shanna[/name]
[name]Kyla[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Cameron[/name] [name]Iona[/name]
[name]Iona[/name] [name]Kenzie[/name]
[name]Isis[/name] [name]Blair[/name]

I hope this helps, Good luck!

I’m scottish myself, and would suggest [name]Iona[/name] (eye-oh-nah), less common than the popular [name]Isla[/name] (which is absoloutely gorgeous).

Out of your top two I would say [name]Fiona[/name], as gorgeous as [name]Isla[/name] is its become incredibly popular (and your child would end up as [name]Isla[/name] G, [name]Isla[/name] B etc in classes). The nickname Fi is also extremely cute.

I like [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Isla[/name], but I worry that [name]Isla[/name] in particular might be becoming too popular. As for [name]Fiona[/name], I think of Brigadoon but I wonder if kids think of [name]Fiona[/name] in Shrek. Not that there’s anything wrong with [name]Fiona[/name] in Shrek, she’s lovely, but not as obscure as Brigadoon…

From your list, I love [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Isla[/name]. :slight_smile: You may also like [name]Elspeth[/name]…

Good luck!

I like [name]Fiona[/name] from your list. Not a fan of the others, for some reason [name]Isla[/name] doesn’t sit right with me. I love the suggestion of [name]Iona[/name] though, so cute!