Opinions/suggestions please - Baby girl, can't decide!!

I’m having a hard time choosing a name for my first baby. There are a lot of girl names that I like, but not really falling in love with any of them. I find it easy to love a name for someone else, but can’t commit to one for us!

Middle name is set on [name]Kate[/name], after my mom who just passed away.

I like 2 or 3 syllable names, short and sweet, uncommon but not made up. Our last name Ma—son.

My current favourites:

[name]Mila[/name]
[name]Halle[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]

I’m open to suggestions too!

Thanks!

I think [name]Isla[/name] [name]Kate[/name] is a beautiful name! It is very feminine (and timeless) without being “frilly”.

[name]How[/name] do you feel about [name]Genevieve[/name]? [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Kate[/name] is so pretty and the nickname Vieve is just lovely! I know it is longer than the others you like but I thought I’d throw it out there? Also [name]Lila[/name]? [name]Lila[/name] [name]Kate[/name]…

Good luck!

My favorite is [name]Halle[/name], then [name]Mila[/name], then [name]Isla[/name], but I think they’re all beautiful and work well with [name]Kate[/name] as a mn (sorry for your loss, by the way!).

Maybe you’d like:
[name]Adela[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Sylvia[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Katia[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Lola[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Vita[/name]
[name]Eve[/name]
[name]Rosa[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name]
[name]Lena[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Mira[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Maura[/name]
[name]Ada[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] nicazz, sorry to hear that you’be recently lost your mom.

From your list, I love [name]Halle[/name] [name]Kate[/name]! I’m indifferent towards [name]Mila[/name]; it’s ok. [name]Isla[/name] is missing something for me. It seems frail, and lacking solidity, if that makes sense.

As for suggestions, [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Kate[/name] is the only one I can think of right now, but I really think it’s nice!

I love [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Mila[/name]! What about [name]Mira[/name]? [name]Mira[/name] [name]Kate[/name] is very pretty.

Have you considered using [name]Kate[/name] as the first name? One of my favorites. Either way, you have some gorgeous names picked.

I think [name]Mila[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Isla[/name] [name]Kate[/name] are both beautiful choices. [name]Mila[/name] is a little less ‘trendy’ right now (not that [name]Isla[/name] is trendy, it’s just getting to be a little common), which makes me like it more. If I had a choice, I would rather be the only one with my name in my class, and I think the chances of that are good with [name]Mila[/name].

[name]Love[/name] [name]Mila[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Halle[/name] [name]Kate[/name]!

[name]Lila[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Ella[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
Aven [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Minnie[/name] [name]Kate[/name] (love [name]Minnie[/name]!)
[name]Pippa[/name] [name]Kate[/name]

I agree with the above comment that there is not enough substance for [name]Isla[/name] – it sounds unfinished. Is [name]Mila[/name] pronounced like My-la or Mee-la? That may trip people up. And while I like the sound of [name]Halle[/name] [name]Kate[/name] - every time I look at it I think Hello [name]Kitty[/name] for some reason, but that may just be me!

It sounds like you want a two-syllable name with the emphasis on the first. So:

[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Lila[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Romy[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Lana[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Kate[/name] (my fave)

Good luck!

Thanks for all the suggestions, there are some there I hadn’t considered yet.

[name]Mila[/name] would be pronounced Mee-la.

Haha, I see Hello [name]Kitty[/name] too now, but I guess it wouldn’t be often that only the first and middle name would be written out.

[name]Lila[/name] is a name I love the looks of, but not sure about how it sounds outloud. And I never know if it’s [name]Lee[/name]-la or [name]Ly[/name]-la. For some reason I’ve never had that problem with [name]Mila[/name].

[name]Genevieve[/name] is beautiful but I can’t see myself actually saying it, and I don’t really like nicknames of it.

I think now it’s a tie between [name]Halle[/name] and [name]Mila[/name].