Opinions Wanted

First impressions on the first and middle name combo Delvina [name_f]Raquel[/name_f]

[name_m]Set[/name_m] in present-day Australia.
From the name itself, how do you picture the person? Their personality? Upbringing? Parents? etc.

Also nickname ideas for Delvina? (pronounced “dell-vee-nah”)

All thoughts appreciated! xx

1 Like

I adore the name! Delvina is a young woman, pretty, with dark hair and striking nut brown eyes. She is friendly and outgoing and has an interesting job, maybe she is a journalist of some kind. She is ambitious and able to think on her feet.

Her parents are divorced but amicable. She does not come from an affluent background, but not an incredibly poor one either. She has one sister and one brother (but I will leave those names up to you. Delvina is not a name I have ever heard before. Here nn could be [name_f]Vina[/name_f]!

I picture Delvina Raquel to look like this actress

I imagine she would’ve been brought up to be kind and generous. She sounds spunky and smart, full of energy and always ready for an adventure.
Some nickname ideas include Deedee, Delvie, Delva, Vee, Vine/Veen, Vina, Dina, Elvie, etc

Delvina ‘Del/Della/Vina/Lina’ [name_f]Raquel[/name_f] is a mysterious 22-year-old woman. She is the eldest of 3 daughters and was raised to expect not much in life as both her parents are unemployed and have never been to college. Delvina started her own catering business at 18 and has never looked back since. Her family is quite estranged, but she talks to her younger sister (the middle sister), with whom she is very close, and considers her a best friend. Delvina’s short black curly hair falls to her neck and she has a tanned complexion due to her many holidays, but her natural skin tone is quite pale. Devina’s wardrobe consists of long flowy skirts and scarfs and floral shirts. Her signature colour is red, she always wears red lipstick and she has a large ruby ring that she wears on her middle finger.

Delivina [name_f]Raquel[/name_f] seems to me to be the name of a teenager in a novel written by [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] [name_u]Clare[/name_u]. I can totally picture her slaying demons for fun one night, and being a debutante the next. She would be raised by a strict family and enjoyed sneaking out of the house, but her parents would never be abusive. She is friendly, but not to the point where it’s annoying. Her favorite class at school would be biology and creative writing. A nickname for her would be [name_f]Vina[/name_f], but I picture her hating her first name and going by [name_f]Raquel[/name_f] instead. Her wardrobe consists of light jeans, dresses, leather jackets, and swimsuits, and she loves swimming, although won’t wear a bikini in public. She is an only child.