[name_f]Wren[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_f]Leah[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Peony[/name_f]
[name_f]Astoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Molly[/name_f]

thanks! :slight_smile:

[name_u]Vesper[/name_u] - pretty and cool name that’s neat but maybe a bit too [name_u]James[/name_u] Bondy. I might perfer Hesper, Hespera, [name_f]Vespera[/name_f] a bit. Vespertine.
Illyria - I want to like it, but always trip up on it. I think other people would too and that’s my concern.
[name_f]Martha[/name_f] - Great underused Biblical old lady name. I consider it from time to time.
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] - Similar to [name_f]Martha[/name_f] except I think it might explode one of these days. That doesn’t really bother me.
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] - I like the idea of it, but find the mund too clunky.
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] - love [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]!
[name_f]Merida[/name_f] - interesting but the prn trips me up and it’s very tied to that movie for me right now.
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f] - I want to like it but it sounds too close to ‘blargh’ to me. I like it more as a middle.
[name_f]Isolde[/name_f] - I like the history but don’t like “is old” - I know it’s said a little differently but it wouldn’t be in practice. Isault might be better.
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] - I love [name_f]Iris[/name_f].
[name_f]Elysia[/name_f] - pretty but kind of arrogant maybe. Also forever lost among [name_f]Alicia[/name_f]/[name_f]Elisa[/name_f]/[name_f]Alyssa[/name_f] etc.
[name_f]Serenity[/name_f] - a pretty virtue but it’s very tied to the moment and trendy. I’d prefer [name_f]Serena[/name_f] or [name_f]Verity[/name_f].
[name_f]Annika[/name_f] - another one I want to like, but never quite get into. A fine choice though, it’s really just a taste issue for me.
[name_f]Odette[/name_f] - I am quite fond of [name_f]Odette[/name_f]!
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] - A very pretty name that’s worth thinking about.
[name_f]Verona[/name_f] - I like [name_f]Verona[/name_f]!
[name_f]Soraya[/name_f] - I like this but think it’s maybe a little odd if you’re not tied to the heritage it usually goes with?
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] - I understand the appeal but it always feels stuffy and overrated to me too.
Ismerie (iz-mer-ee) - Too much like [name_f]Renesmee[/name_f] for me I think.
[name_f]Pollyanna[/name_f] - no. That movie, the meaning, no.
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] - Pretty…looking like el-[name_u]Owen[/name_u] always trips me up (it seems masculine somehow), but I do like the sound.
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f] - very nice name
[name_f]Saffron[/name_f] - I love the idea of it but it’s really hippy dippy to me still
[name_f]Wren[/name_f] - I like it but feels very tied to the moment
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] - same as [name_f]Wren[/name_f]
[name_f]Leah[/name_f] - I like [name_f]Leah[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f] - I like [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Peony[/name_f] - too much Pee :/. I’d go for [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] or [name_f]Posey[/name_f] for a similar feel.
[name_f]Astoria[/name_f] - too much the neighborhood in Queens for me and I dislike anything with an As beginning, but it’s still not the worst. If you like [name_u]Story[/name_u] I’d consider just that.
[name_f]Molly[/name_f] - I like [name_f]Molly[/name_f], although it feels faintly 80s and ready for a nap a bit and also I like it a bit better as a traditional nickname for [name_f]Mary[/name_f] but that’s not necessary or anything

I love:
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
I like:
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_f]Wren[/name_f]
Ismerie
The others are not my taste. Based on your list I wonder if you like any of these:
[name_u]Marion[/name_u]
[name_f]Rosaleigh[/name_f]
[name_f]Coral[/name_f]
Coraleigh
[name_u]Carden[/name_u] (garden reference)
[name_f]Cypress[/name_f]
[name_f]Jezebel[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Laurette[/name_f]
[name_f]Hyacinth[/name_f]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]-so many nn options and classically pretty-took a while for this name to grow on me, but now I really appreciate it
[name_u]Harmony[/name_u]
[name_f]Melody[/name_f]
[name_f]Melanie[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] with a hard g sound or [name_f]Jemma[/name_f]
[name_u]Janvier[/name_u]-french for january
[name_f]Avril[/name_f]

[name_u]Vesper[/name_u] - 7/10 I prefer Hesper.
Illyria - 7.5/10
[name_f]Martha[/name_f] - 7/10
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] - 6.5/10
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] - 6.5/10
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] - 6.5/10
[name_f]Merida[/name_f] - 6.5/10
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f] - 6/10 I want to like this name more than I actually do.
[name_f]Isolde[/name_f] - 7.5/10
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] - 7/10
[name_f]Elysia[/name_f] - 4/10
[name_f]Serenity[/name_f] - 3/10
[name_f]Annika[/name_f] - 7.5/10
[name_f]Odette[/name_f] - 7/10
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] - 9/10
[name_f]Verona[/name_f] - 4/10
[name_f]Soraya[/name_f] - 3/10
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] - 9/10
Ismerie (iz-mer-ee) - 1/10
[name_f]Pollyanna[/name_f] - 4/10
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] - 7/10
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f] - 8/10
[name_f]Saffron[/name_f] - 4/10
[name_f]Wren[/name_f] - 5.5/10
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] - 7/10
[name_f]Leah[/name_f] - 3/10
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f] - 5/10
[name_f]Peony[/name_f] - 2/10
[name_f]Astoria[/name_f] - 5.5/10
[name_f]Molly[/name_f] - 4/10

[name_u]Vesper[/name_u]- Not a fan. I think of [name_f]Vespa[/name_f].
Illyria- meh.
[name_f]Martha[/name_f]- Makes me think of uptight waspy women (since the only three women I personally know with this name are [name_f]Martha[/name_f] [name_m]Stewart[/name_m] clones)
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f]- cute
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]- sophisticated and lovely
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]- spunky
[name_f]Merida[/name_f]- reminds me of '[name_f]Merica[/name_f]. Not in a good way.
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f]- meh
[name_f]Isolde[/name_f]- love it
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]- not a fan
[name_f]Elysia[/name_f]- nms
[name_f]Serenity[/name_f]- nms
[name_f]Annika[/name_f]- love it
[name_f]Odette[/name_f]- love it
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f]- so cute
[name_f]Verona[/name_f]- I am getting an image of that [name_f]Claire[/name_f] Danes/[name_m]Leonardo[/name_m] DiCaprio modern [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] version of [name_f]Verona[/name_f] and it’s an ugly place.
[name_f]Soraya[/name_f]-nms
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]- love
Ismerie (iz-mer-ee)- nms
[name_f]Pollyanna[/name_f]- no
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]- pretty but nms
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f]- cute
[name_f]Saffron[/name_f]- love but wouldn’t use it
[name_f]Wren[/name_f]- meh
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]- meh
[name_f]Leah[/name_f]- feels so overdone
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]- meh
[name_f]Peony[/name_f]- cute
[name_f]Astoria[/name_f]- love
[name_f]Molly[/name_f]- so cute

I [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]! [name_m]Long[/name_m] favourite of mine! [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is my mum’s name, so I think I’d reserve that as a middle, but [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]'s an attractive alternative that I’d use as a first name! I also like [name_u]Ellis[/name_u], [name_f]Gemma[/name_f], [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f] + [name_f]Rosaleigh[/name_f]/[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] :slight_smile:

this is long, but hey I can’t sleep, so…
Didn’t read any replies as not to sway my opinion.

[name_u]Vesper[/name_u]. [name_m]Little[/name_m] out there, hard not to think vespa, like the scooter. Maybe in the middle?
Illyria. Nms but kind of pretty. Not wild about the ill beginning
[name_f]Martha[/name_f]. So different from your first two, dang! Whole different vibe. Hard to say a pre teen [name_f]Martha[/name_f] surrounded by Isabelles and Sophias and Amelias would really like being clunky aunt [name_f]Martha[/name_f].
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f]. Better… Not wild about [name_f]Susie[/name_f], but sanna or sunny could be great nicknames
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]. The ending kind of falls heavy. [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] is my favorite of the rose names…
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]. With rosemary being my second favorite. I think of the herb flower and lavender, very comforting
[name_f]Merida[/name_f]. I still want to turn it into [name_u]Meredith[/name_u], since that was my first bff… But [name_f]Merida[/name_f] is enchanting.
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f]. I like [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]. A little abrupt but more feminine than say [name_u]Blair[/name_u].
[name_f]Isolde[/name_f]. Confession time! I looked up how to say this a long time ago and never remembered it, and haven’t gotten around to looking it up again. [name_m]Just[/name_m] visually, it looks like “is old” which isn’t exciting.
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]. [name_f]Iris[/name_f] is nice! [name_f]Flower[/name_f] name without being frilly.
[name_f]Elysia[/name_f]. Not sure. Sounds like a memory condition.
[name_f]Serenity[/name_f]. Ehh. Parents will need sense of humor during toddler and teenage years with that name.
[name_f]Annika[/name_f]. Gorgeous, exotic, but easy to say.
[name_f]Odette[/name_f]- kinda makes me think odor. [name_f]Ondine[/name_f] I like better.
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f]. Never really got on the persephone bandwagon. Heck of a lot of name, sounds a little sinister or dark to me, don’t know why.
[name_f]Verona[/name_f]. Not bad, [name_f]Italy[/name_f] feel… But not wild about it. I could be swayed by a fantastic middle name combo tho…
[name_f]Soraya[/name_f]. Think psoriasis.
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]. [name_f]Love[/name_f] her! [name_f]Delia[/name_f], [name_u]Corey[/name_u], cordy, you name it. Like the lilting end.
Ismerie (iz-mer-ee). No, doesn’t look like a recognizable name.
[name_f]Pollyanna[/name_f]. Too much of the joke name when someone calls another a [name_f]Pollyanna[/name_f].
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]. Really like this name, it’s on my list too. Sometimes I waver bc it sounds like three initials said aloud.
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f]. Ok, little frilly for me
[name_f]Saffron[/name_f]. [name_f]Love[/name_f] it in the middle, kinda like [name_u]Vesper[/name_u].
[name_f]Wren[/name_f]. Another nature name I like. Great one syllable name!
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]. [name_f]Juni[/name_f]! Too cute. Wonder how it ages into the thirties and beyond.
[name_f]Leah[/name_f]. Ok call me oblivious but I never know… [name_u]Lee[/name_u]? Or lee-uh?
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]. Very retro and hipster but not a bad thing. Prefer it balanced with something carefree and youthful, but not another word.
[name_f]Peony[/name_f]. [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] flower, not so much for a name. Actually, I mean, really bad for a name.
[name_f]Astoria[/name_f]. Hotel? Seems a bit grandiose to be a random Surname given to a girl for her first name.
[name_f]Molly[/name_f]. Better than [name_f]Martha[/name_f], better than [name_f]Susannah[/name_f], but I always prefer it as a nickname for [name_f]Mary[/name_f], as it originally was.

Oh and also, must add, [name_f]Molly[/name_f] is the drug that is getting a lot of press lately with the college aged crowd and can be kinda dangerous… A girl at a prestigious university in the South just died from an overdose last week, for example. Not the greatest timing for a molly.

[name_u]Vesper[/name_u]–too religious, but also evocative of vapors and vipers and creepy things
Illyria–don’t like ‘Ill’
[name_f]Martha[/name_f]–homely
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f]–old-timey
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]–Shakespearean
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]–eh
[name_f]Merida[/name_f]–like it
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f]–dislike it
[name_f]Isolde[/name_f]–love it
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]–love it
[name_f]Elysia[/name_f]–prefer [name_f]Alicia[/name_f] or [name_f]Alesia[/name_f]
[name_f]Serenity[/name_f]–reminds me of funerals
[name_f]Annika[/name_f]–spunky
[name_f]Odette[/name_f]–pretty [name_m]French[/name_m] actress/artist
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f]–love it
[name_f]Verona[/name_f]–love it
[name_f]Soraya[/name_f]–psoriasis
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]–pretty, dramatic
Ismerie (iz-mer-ee)–eh
[name_f]Pollyanna[/name_f]–bad connotations, wouldn’t be taken seriously
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]–pretty enough
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f]–[name_f]LOVE[/name_f] it
[name_f]Saffron[/name_f]–lovely
[name_f]Wren[/name_f]–sweet
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]–adorable
[name_f]Leah[/name_f]–mn
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]–like the [name_f]Janis[/name_f] [name_m]Joplin[/name_m] connection
[name_f]Peony[/name_f]–sounds close to puny
[name_f]Astoria[/name_f]–hotel-ish
[name_f]Molly[/name_f]–love it, but it’s too connected with the party drug right now.

[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] - very pretty!
[name_f]Annika[/name_f] - lovely
[name_f]Soraya[/name_f] - love this one! So pretty!
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u] - I love the sound of it, but it’s very unusual. Might be hard to pull off
[name_f]Elysia[/name_f] - I like it
Illyria - I love the sound!
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] - super cute
[name_f]Wren[/name_f] - pretty
[name_f]Molly[/name_f] - pretty, but a bit childish
[name_f]Merida[/name_f] - pretty
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] - pretty
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] - nice

[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] - okay
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] - okay
[name_f]Leah[/name_f] - nice enough
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f] - nice
[name_f]Astoria[/name_f] - okay
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] - okay, I like it
[name_f]Verona[/name_f] - okay, I prefer [name_f]Geneva[/name_f] and [name_f]Genoa[/name_f]
[name_f]Saffron[/name_f] - meh, I prefer Caraway

[name_f]Blythe[/name_f] - bleh
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f] - sorry, but I really dislike this one. Like her brothers name should be [name_m]Fabio[/name_m] and her sister should be [name_f]Mercedes[/name_f]
[name_f]Serenity[/name_f] - bit too literal for me
[name_f]Martha[/name_f] - sorry, but I just don’t love it. I know many, and it just feels dull to me.
[name_f]Odette[/name_f] - meh, this feels like a fake name to me, or at best a nn
Ismerie (iz-mer-ee) - sorry, I don’t like this one at all
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] - I don’t like the cadence of this one. It sounds like ‘yellow one’ or something to me
[name_f]Pollyanna[/name_f] - sorry, but I think it’s sorta dumb. I love the name [name_f]Polly[/name_f] though!
[name_f]Isolde[/name_f] - I sold
[name_f]Peony[/name_f] - pee on me

[name_u]Vesper[/name_u] ~ NMS at all. I don’t find it very attractive.
Illyria ~ Gorgeous. I love it as a middle more through.
[name_f]Martha[/name_f] ~ Too plain for me.
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Lovely[/name_f], not really my style but it’s pretty.
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] ~ Like a lot, prefer as a middle though. Again probably because it isn’t exactly my style.
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] ~ It’s okay. Doesn’t stand out or do anything for me.
[name_f]Merida[/name_f] ~ This is so pretty!
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f] ~ I like it, it used to be on my list. It just isn’t for me anymore but I like it for other people.
[name_f]Isolde[/name_f] ~ Gorg. :slight_smile:
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] ~ [name_f]One[/name_f] of my favorite names [name_u]EVER[/name_u]!
[name_f]Elysia[/name_f] ~ My favorite name at the moment. I love everything about it.
[name_f]Serenity[/name_f] ~ I think paired with the right name this can work in the middle. I don’t like it as a first name though. I saw the combo [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Serenity[/name_f] somewhere and I loved it. [name_f]Love[/name_f] the mix of styles.
[name_f]Annika[/name_f] ~ So pretty :slight_smile:
[name_f]Odette[/name_f] ~ Like. I wouldn’t personally use it but I do like it.
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Love[/name_f] the sound.
[name_f]Verona[/name_f] ~ NMS.
[name_f]Soraya[/name_f] ~ Pretty.
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] ~ This is nice, just nms.
Ismerie (iz-mer-ee) ~ It’s okay, I could take it or leave it.
[name_f]Pollyanna[/name_f] ~ NMS at all. I think I actually really dislike this one. :confused:
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Love[/name_f].
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f] ~ Beautiful.
[name_f]Saffron[/name_f] ~ This is okay, as a middle. Not so much as a first.
[name_f]Wren[/name_f] ~ Adorable.
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] ~ This is okay to me. Used to love it. I met a male [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] who was older, this may be why…
[name_f]Leah[/name_f] ~ Overdone. I prefer [name_f]Lea[/name_f].
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Lovely[/name_f].
[name_f]Peony[/name_f] ~ Too cutesy.
[name_f]Astoria[/name_f] ~ I like it.
[name_f]Molly[/name_f] ~ All I think of is a drug or a dog :x, sorry.

[name_u]Vesper[/name_u] - Reminds me of [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Vespa[/name_f] in Spaceballs. I’m not a big fan, I think there are prettier V names, maybe [name_f]Vienna[/name_f]?
Illyria - I prefer [name_f]Lyra[/name_f]. Illyria makes me think of a bladder infection AND I [name_m]DON[/name_m]'T KNOW WHY.
[name_f]Martha[/name_f] - I think of “[name_m]George[/name_m] & [name_f]Martha[/name_f]” a pair of hippopotamus friends from my childhood. I prefer [name_f]Marta[/name_f].
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] - I think of the biblical character & the country tune. I don’t like it. I prefer [name_f]Savannah[/name_f], it has a similar vibe.
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] - Prefer other [name_f]Rose[/name_f] names, or just [name_f]Rosa[/name_f]. I like [name_f]Rosalia[/name_f].
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] - So lovely. My daughter’s mn.
[name_f]Merida[/name_f] - [name_f]Love[/name_f] it but I think it needs a couple more years still to cool off after the Disney movie.
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f] - Blah.
[name_f]Isolde[/name_f] - Beautiful. Very pretty and fragile sounding to me. [name_f]Love[/name_f] it for a little wisp of a girl.
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] - I like this! My husband doesn’t. I think of the eye first, then the plant.
[name_f]Elysia[/name_f] - I think of Elysium. I prefer [name_f]Elyse[/name_f] or [name_f]Elise[/name_f].
[name_f]Serenity[/name_f] - I think of the [name_u]Joss[/name_u] Whedon movie. Nice name for a ship, I prefer [name_f]Serena[/name_f] on a person though.
[name_f]Annika[/name_f] - I knew a girl named [name_f]Annika[/name_f] growing up who I absolutely HATED, so I’m biased.
[name_f]Odette[/name_f] - Like this with nn [name_f]Dottie[/name_f].
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] - I think this is lovely!
[name_f]Verona[/name_f] - I think of [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m] “In fair [name_f]Verona[/name_f] where we lay our scene” - I don’t mind it, but I prefer other V names.
[name_f]Soraya[/name_f] - SOOOO SORRAY, I don’t like this.
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] - THIS, I do like. Lots of cool namesakes & connections with this one.
Ismerie (iz-mer-ee) - I think you would have an obnoxous time correcting everyones spelling and/or pronounciation with this.
[name_f]Pollyanna[/name_f] - I don’t like it. I don’t like [name_f]Polly[/name_f] or [name_f]Anna[/name_f].
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] - Pretty, I prefer [name_f]Eowyn[/name_f], but I’m a bot of a LOTR nerd.
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f] - I like this, but don’t like nn [name_u]Val[/name_u] or [name_f]Tina[/name_f]. Also like [name_f]Valencia[/name_f], of you like the vibe from [name_f]Valentina[/name_f].
[name_f]Saffron[/name_f] - YES. So very lovely and exotic.
[name_f]Wren[/name_f] - I like it written but not aloud.
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] - I love [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]. So earthy, and fairly different from all the normal nature names.
[name_f]Leah[/name_f] - I think of the biblical character. Not sure how much I like it.
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f] - I always associate this name with [name_f]PEARL[/name_f] THE LANDLORD. So funny.
[name_f]Peony[/name_f] - Pee.
[name_f]Astoria[/name_f] - I like this, but not a huge fan of the “ria” ending.
[name_f]Molly[/name_f] - [name_m]WAY[/name_m] cute.