Opinions?

I’m at a complete loss. I’ll just leave a list of names I’m considering, so please maybe give opinions or suggestions.

Lucinda
Rosamund (Romy)
Rosemary (Romy)
Giuliana (Gia)
Blake
Stella
Elle
Dove
Nessa
Margot
Ingrid

These are beautiful! I personally love Ingrid :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I love [name_f]Elle[/name_f], [name_u]Dove[/name_u], [name_f]Stella[/name_f], and [name_u]Blake[/name_u]! I like [name_f]Giuliana[/name_f] and I like the nickname [name_u]Romy[/name_u] but don’t love “Rose” names. Maybe you would like:
[name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u]
[name_u]Lark[/name_u]
[name_u]Lake[/name_u]
[name_f]Elowyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliana[/name_f]

1 Like

you have quite a mixed group of great names on your list :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: here’s what i came up with:

adelaide
agata
anaïs
anya
astrid
dahlia
elodie
elspeth
elva
freya
genevieve
giulieta
greta
ida
iluna
isobel
leona
lilith
mabel
marigold
mathilde
nell
ottilie
rosalind
viveca
willa

1 Like

Lucinda - familiar but distinct
Rosamund (Romy) -clunky yet elegant and literary. I adore Romy!
Rosemary (Romy) - sweet and cosy.
Giuliana (Gia) -quite nice but not my favourite on the list
Blake - cute and sharp
Stella -bright and lovely
Elle - short but sweet and sophisticated
Dove -light and pretty
Nessa - warm and rugged
Margot -fun but elegant
Ingrid -distinct and stylish

I’ll suggest

Nella
Tansy
Astrid
Imogen
Cecily
Gloria
Claudia
Lotus
Lark
Everly
Lottie
Cornelia
Dorothea
Jude
Nell
Polly
Eve
Ida
Ebba
Merryn
Jade
Lake
Wren
Calliope
Belinda
Mina

1 Like

hiya, you have such a lovely and varied list so no wonder you’re struggling to narrow it down!!

these are my thoughts:

lucinda - i’m seeing this quite a bit on nameberry recently so it’s obviously one that quite a few people are starting to like i guess it has a lot of good nickname options and is a good alternative to just lucy. i quite like it, it feels unexpected yet classic although i do prefer the gentler lucille.

rosamund - love rosamund!! again it feels unique enough but has the familiar rose sound that gives it a classic and romantic feel. lots of good nickname options too i especially love [name_u]Romy[/name_u]!

rosemary - out of rosamund and rosemary i think i slightly prefer rosamund for a first name as i think it has a slightly more modern feel. however, rosemary is gorgeous (it’s my grandma’s name and one i’d love to use in the middle spot one day) and it gives a beautiful naturey vibe!!

giuliana - this one isn’t my personal style but it has such a gorgeous sound, so elegant. this might just be a geographical thing but i do think some people might struggle with the pronunciation if they’re more used to the anglicised juliana however i much prefer the giuliana spelling. but, if people pronouncing it wrong would bother you then maybe that’s something to consider.

blake - quite a different vibe to the names above but i really like the cool, effortless vibe of blake it isn’t my personal style but it is nice. it doesn’t stand out to me though in the way that rosamund, lucinda and ingrid etc do it’s a perfectly sweet name but not unexpected if that’s what you’re going for.

stella - stella is very sweet!! it has a lovely simplicity to it but still feels different enough. i do slightly struggle to picture stella on an adult (which isn’t something that bothers me i love cutesy names) but it might be something to condsider?

elle - i’ve never been the biggest fan of elle it just doesn’t really excite me much. it makes a sweet nickname for elliana, eleanor etc but i don’t like it as a standalone name.

dove - dove is really gorgeous, i personally wouldn’t be brave enough to use it in the first name spot but i’d love to meet a little dove. once again though, i do slightly struggle to picture it on an adult.

nessa - nessa is okay, i don’t love the sound though and i think people would assume it was short for vanessa.

margot - margot is my all time favourite girl name so i absolutely love it!! i just think it’s so beautiful and classic sounding. if popularity bothers you though it is becoming more trendy/popular so that’s something to consider.

ingrid - ingrid is super cool, i think it has the similar vibe to blake in that it’s not overly feminine and has quite a strong sound to it but it’s a bit more unexpected. i’d love to meet a little ingrid. the only downside is that there aren’t many nickname options if nicknames are something you like.

in order of favourite to least favourite:
margot
rosamund
ingrid
rosemary
lucinda
giuliana
stella
dove
blake
nessa
elle

some other suggestions you might like:
juliette
astrid
blaire
marlowe
cleo
leonora
dorothea
isadora
celeste

1 Like

To help narrow it down, [name_u]Blake[/name_u] and [name_u]Dove[/name_u] (especially Blake) seem like stylistic outliers for you. [name_f]My[/name_f] personal favorite is [name_f]Stella[/name_f]. It’s sprightly, pretty, and fun. If popularity bothers you, it is quite popular though. [name_f]My[/name_f] runners-up are [name_f]Elle[/name_f] and [name_f]Margot[/name_f]. Great list, and good luck!

1 Like

Thank you for such a thought out and considerate response! I think you’ve helped the names [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f], [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f], and [name_f]Margot[/name_f] really grow on me, but I am now wary about [name_f]Margot[/name_f] rising in popularity. And, the point about nickname options for [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] is a good one to have brought up as I’ve always loved nicknames- never having had one myself.

1 Like

Here are my thoughts:

[name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] is a bit too frilly for me, but I think it should make a come-back. It’s very Edwardian, very doll-like, and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Lu[/name_f], [name_f]Lulu[/name_f], or [name_f]Cindy[/name_f] are all cute nicknames!

[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] are both gorgeous. I slightly prefer [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f], partly because of [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Eyre[/name_f] and partly because it feels more complete and strong.

[name_f]Guiliana[/name_f] is not my taste, but it’s a cool name. Very Italian! [name_f]Gia[/name_f] is cute. <3

[name_u]Blake[/name_u], I like, but more for a boy.

[name_f]Stella[/name_f] is not to my taste, but that’s just me.

[name_f]Elle[/name_f], I like. I think it’s gorgeous and simple, which is very cool.

[name_u]Dove[/name_u] is not to my taste … I think because of the chocolate and the soap. :wink:

[name_f]Nessa[/name_f] is cute! I’d prefer it as a nickname, say for [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f]. But that’s just me.

I am like the only person on here who doesn’t like [name_f]Margot[/name_f], but that’s just because I don’t like the “o” sound for a girl. Also, reminds me of [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] Vacation, lol.

[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] is soooo cute! I think it needs a come back.

1 Like

yeah it’s a tricky one. i’m assuming you’re in the US, correct me if i’m wrong. In terms of actual popularity it isn’t super popular it’s at around 230 in the US which i’d put in the category of familiar. So it’s not at the same level as olivia / ava / isabella. I’m in the UK and it’s number 90 something here which is getting fairly popular. But, margot is a name you here quite a lot on nameberry and floating around instagram and pinterest on people’s name lists so it’s definitely getting more trendy in the same way as Elodie, Maeve and Ophelia etc are if that makes any sense?

so i don’t think if you had a margot there would be loads of other margot’s at school like there are olivia’s / ava’s / charlotte’s etc but it just might become a bit more well known and familiar to people maybe not super unexpected like it might have been a few years ago.

but i mean i love the name so much and i honestly think if you love it too then go for it because it’s so gorgeous!

1 Like

You have really eclectic taste!

The standouts here to me are [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f], [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f], and [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f], and I really love [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], [name_f]Stella[/name_f], and [name_f]Margot[/name_f] too.

And I there’s a lot of great combos with these.
Like:
[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] [name_f]Elle[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u]
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_u]Blake[/name_u]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f]

Names you may like:
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Clarimond[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosmerta[/name_f]
[name_f]Fern[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Saskia[/name_f]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u]
[name_f]Mavis[/name_f]
[name_f]Eluned[/name_f]
[name_f]Clover[/name_f]
[name_u]Glenn[/name_u]
[name_u]Rosamel[/name_u]
[name_u]Arden[/name_u]
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Enid[/name_f]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f]
[name_u]Lark[/name_u]
[name_f]Augusta[/name_f]
[name_f]Emerald[/name_f]
[name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] - I am not really a fan, for some reason it sounds like a movie villain to me 2/10

[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] (Romy) - I dislike the “mund” sound 3/10, but [name_u]Romy[/name_u] is so cute as both a name and a nickname

[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] (Romy) -“Marry” names aren’t my favourite either but it is prettier than [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] 4/10

[name_f]Giuliana[/name_f] (Gia) - I prefer [name_f]Giulia[/name_f] and I love [name_f]Gia[/name_f] as a name as well 4/10

[name_u]Blake[/name_u] - Cool one 6/10

[name_f]Stella[/name_f] - A very pretty name, I slightly prefer [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] but [name_f]Stella[/name_f] is nice too 8/10

[name_f]Elle[/name_f] - So pretty 8/10

[name_u]Dove[/name_u] - It really grew on me lately 7/10

[name_f]Nessa[/name_f] - Cute 7/10

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] - One of my favourites :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: 10/10

[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] the Nordic names 9/10

1 Like

I’m in the UK! x

I’ve been thinking about [name_u]Blair[/name_u] spelt [name_u]Blaire[/name_u], but haven’t gotten great feedback from close ones. It’s a shame as it’s such a gorgeous name.

1 Like

ahh okay then i do think margot is getting a tad more popular but if it helps my mum’s a primary teacher and has never taught a margot.

i love blaire honestly it’s so pretty!!

2 Likes

[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] is my standout favourite of your list. Such a cool, stylish name. I love nns like [name_u]Indy[/name_u], [name_u]Greer[/name_u], [name_u]Ziggy[/name_u], [name_f]Gigi[/name_f], [name_f]Ginger[/name_f], [name_f]Inga[/name_f], [name_m]Iggy[/name_m].

I also like [name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_f]Stella[/name_f], Guiliana/Gia. I like [name_u]Romy[/name_u] a lot and would choose [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] for a long form. I like [name_u]Romy[/name_u] most though for [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] and [name_u]Romilly[/name_u].
I love most [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] names, and don’t mind [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f], though prefer [name_f]Lucia[/name_f], and just [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]. [name_f]Nessa[/name_f] is cute, and I would consider [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] [name_f]Anais[/name_f] or [name_f]Agnes[/name_f] with [name_f]Nessa[/name_f] as nickname. It does work on its own though too.

I really like [name_u]Dove[/name_u] as a middle name.

1 Like

I like [name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f], and [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]. If I were going to use [name_f]Nessa[/name_f], it would be as a nickname for [name_f]Nerissa[/name_f].

[name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] - all I can think about is the fairy who cursed [name_f]Ella[/name_f] in [name_f]Ella[/name_f] Enchanted when I see this name, it’s a pretty obscure reference i think but it was my favorite book when I was younger so it’s stuck with me

[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] - I’m just not a fan of [name_f]Rose[/name_f] names and the mund ending makes it sound clunky to me

[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] -the only [name_f]Rose[/name_f] name I actually like, i just think it sounds pretty and light

[name_f]Giuliana[/name_f] - I think this may need constant corrections on how to spell it (assuming most would spell it Juliana) but it’s very elegant and makes me think of ballerinas and [name_f]Italy[/name_f]

[name_u]Blake[/name_u] - leans more masculine for me, but I think it would be cute on a girl. I lean slightly towards preferring [name_u]Blakely[/name_u] for a girl but think both work

[name_f]Stella[/name_f] - I really like [name_f]Stella[/name_f], I think it sounds on trend without being overly popular

[name_f]Elle[/name_f] - I know its a very commonly used name and I love the simplicity but since it just means She in [name_u]French[/name_u] it does throw me off sometimes, but thats just a me thing I think because it does have a simple elegance to it

[name_u]Dove[/name_u] - very sweet, makes me think of the disney channel actress but I think it’s an underused nature name that isn’t too out there

[name_f]Nessa[/name_f] - reminds me of Wicked and [name_m]Loch[/name_m] Ness Monster, which isn’t to say I dislike the name I actually think it’s very pretty but those are my two first associations

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] - for some reason I can never really get behind this name, i’m just not sure what it is but even though it’s a great name it’s just not my style

[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] - I adore [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]! I would love to see this name used more often, I think it’s lovely and would probably not be shared with any other child

In order of preference:

[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Giuliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Nessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Elle[/name_f]
[name_u]Blake[/name_u]
[name_u]Dove[/name_u]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucinda[/name_f]

Naming is hard but you’ve got a great list!!!

[name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] ~ in all honestly I’ve never been a fan of [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] names including [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] I just hear the word ‘loose’

[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] ~ So elegant & majestic lovely name

[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] ~ she feels so homespun and wholesome very cottagecore reminds me of the pebbled beaches! Gorgeous!

[name_f]Giuliana[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Pretty[/name_f] European choice like the nickname [name_f]Gia[/name_f] could be some pronunciation issues

[name_u]Blake[/name_u] ~ prefer for boys

[name_f]Stella[/name_f] ~ I wish I liked [name_f]Stella[/name_f] so many appealing factors but I just think of cider

[name_f]Elle[/name_f] ~ so simplistic so pretty absolutely love something like [name_f]Elle[/name_f] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] would be beyond gorgeous

[name_u]Dove[/name_u] ~ lovely nature name that feels peaceful with whimsical imagery

[name_f]Nessa[/name_f] ~ not my style

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] ~ lovely very classic and elegant such a gorgeous name

[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] ~ another elegant name that feels strong and majestic love [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]

Suggestions
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f]
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
[name_f]Chiara[/name_f]
[name_f]Melisandre[/name_f]
[name_u]Avery[/name_u]
[name_u]Blaire[/name_u]
[name_f]Adelpha[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsa[/name_f]
[name_u]Larkspur[/name_u]