Original girl names? Cute/Girl name ideas??

I am 34 weeks with twins and both of my previous pregnancies I delivered early (33 and 35 weeks). We are having boy/girl twins and have no name for our baby girl! I am desperate to choose a name for her. I just can’t seem to settle on anything.

I am going to post our boy names, but they have an obvious theme to them and I don’t want that to limit anyone’s name ideas because we are NOT set on her name going with the theme at this point. She is her own person and won’t be connect to her brothers forever so my main priority is just finding a name we love…and it seems I especially have different taste for girl names!

[name]Asher[/name] [name]Luke[/name] (5)
[name]Noah[/name] [name]Elijah[/name] (3)
[name]Josiah[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] (her twin)

I have looked at [name]EVERY[/name] Bible name, I mean the past few months we have searched and searched and there is nothing I love. I also do not want [name]Grace[/name]/[name]Faith[/name]/[name]Charity[/name] etc. I always get Biblical only opinions and it’s just not helping since we’ve pretty much exhausted all those names!

I would kind of like to find something original that isn’t heard a lot, but I’m open to any other ideas.

Some days I like (I swear I make a list and the next day I hate them LOL) so I’m open to ANY ideas!

[name]Kate[/name] (probably more middle name)
[name]Ellie[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Elsie[/name]
[name]Maisy[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Ella[/name]
Maylee

But none of those are “it” for me…some are just way too popular.

My top priority is girl and cute since she has 3 brothers!

ok so Bible names are out…Have you looked up names or words you love but in the Hebrew?

[name]Bara[/name]- Means “to come about only by God”

Kezziah- bark that smells of cinnamon

Eleos- means [name]Mercy[/name]

[name]Ahava[/name]- means [name]Love[/name]

[name]Almah[/name]- or [name]Alma[/name]- means girl

[name]Aliya[/name]- means to ascend to go up

[name]Mila[/name]- pleasant; friendly and soft

Maybe you should go with more of how you “feel” about your first daughter and find words or names that mean that…

what do you think?

Oh, [name]Elsie[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Ella[/name], and [name]Maisy[/name] are simply adorable! Some suggestions…

[name]Margot[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]/[name]Lucie[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Annalise[/name]
[name]Aubrey[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Lottie[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name]
[name]June[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Rosamund[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]

Good luck! I hope I helped!

Congrats on your twins! From your list, I like [name]Charlotte[/name] nn [name]Lottie[/name] or [name]Charlie[/name] as well as [name]Georgia[/name] nn [name]Georgia[/name]. I prefer [name]Elsa[/name] with the nn [name]Elsie[/name] more than just [name]Elsie[/name] as a full name. Here are some other suggestions.

[name]Lucy[/name] / [name]Lucia[/name] / [name]Lucinda[/name] / [name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]/ [name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Mae[/name] / [name]Maia[/name] / [name]Maya[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] nn [name]Ellie[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name] nn [name]Bridie[/name] or [name]Birdie[/name]
[name]Catriona[/name]
[name]Kerensa[/name]
[name]Bryony[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name] nn Fliss or [name]Flick[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Philippa[/name] nn [name]Pippa[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Corinna[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]

Thanks for all the ideas! I probably won’t be able to commit to anything until I see her, for some reason I just can’t imagine what my daughter will be like!

reeljagkb, I have looked up name meanings too, but haven’t found anything. I like a couple of those, but don’t love them. Sorry I am such a pain and so difficult!

I was searching though per your advice (I searched for Hebrew names) and found [name]Arely[/name] which I think is cute…but I would want to pronounce it Are [name]Lee[/name] and I don’t think that is really how it’s pronounced.

I do like [name]Jane[/name], but maybe more for a middle name, I think it’s a little too plain for her first name.

I do sort of like [name]Willa[/name]…

I think I have serious problems!

Any other ideas???

Oh you are not a pain…a name is the hardest thing to do imo…I was second guessing myself till i heard THE name and then I just knew…

I personally [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Arely[/name]…And you can pronounce it anyway you want…it’s your baby. Plus [name]Arley[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is super adorable.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Eleri[/name]? Similar sound
[name]Avery[/name], [name]Everly[/name], or [name]Eden[/name] would be cute too, and [name]Eden[/name] has that biblical connection.

I love your boys’ names!! This might be too far out there for you, but what about [name]Jezebel[/name] [name]Truth[/name]? I was trying to think of a J girl name to go with [name]Josiah[/name] w/o being too matchy. And [name]Truth[/name] is a good “biblically related” mn that I thought y’all might not have considered yet? We have a friend with an [name]Ava[/name] [name]Truth[/name] and I thought it was so unique instead of [name]Hope[/name], [name]Grace[/name] etc. Or even a little more far fetching [name]Rain[/name], short for the rainbow covenant that God made?

Here’s a few more that I’ve pulled out of the hat per se (;
[name]Emilia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Emmaline[/name] [name]Truth[/name]
[name]Josalyn[/name] [name]Eve[/name]
[name]Jessa[/name] [name]Kate[/name]

I’ll keep thinking! Congrats on your healthy twins!!!

[name]Bello[/name] is beautiful in Italian, [name]Angel[/name] kind of goes with the biblical theme without it being too obvious, and is a nice middle name for a daughter, [name]Ariel[/name]'s meaning is lion of God, [name]Dorthey[/name] means gift of God, [name]Emma[/name] means God is with us, and [name]Grace[/name] means a gift from God.

[name]Don[/name]'t worry, you’ll find something. Also, I totally understand about having different tastes for boys and girls. From your list, I really like [name]Georgia[/name]. [name]Georgia[/name] and [name]Josiah[/name] would be cute twin names, imo. I also like [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name], but I hear your popularity concerns.

Other girly names for you:

[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name]

My husband thinks that [name]Georgia[/name] is too “out there”, but it isn’t that uncommon…what do you all think??

I still think [name]Arely[/name] is my fav…maybe [name]Arlee[/name], [name]Arly[/name], or [name]Arley[/name] instead?

I think [name]Arley[/name] or [name]Arlee[/name] would be best if that is the pronounciation you are after. [name]Arely[/name] is generally pronounce uh-[name]RAY[/name]-lee and is fairly common among Hispanics (I know three [name]Arely[/name]'s and 4 [name]Araceli[/name]'s which is a related name)

I think that if you want a Bible connection you might want to lean towards [name]Eden[/name]. That is my first name and trust me I have got nothing but complements on it. I heard the names [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Kate[/name], and I think the names sound perfect together! [name]Eden[/name] [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Eden[/name] [name]Kate[/name]. I think they sound stunning.

According to nameberry, [name]Arley[/name] means, “from the rabbit meadow”, or something like that, and also recommends a feminine (yet invented) spelling “[name]Arleigh[/name]”. I much prefer [name]Arely[/name] pn uh-[name]Ray[/name]-lee. Howver, the French, [name]Aurelie[/name] is probably slightly better known and is just as lovely!

With Brother [name]Josiah[/name], [name]Georgia[/name] sounds great [name]IMO[/name]!

Other names that came to mind–
[name]Annalise[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name]
Adelise
[name]Adel[/name]
[name]Estelle[/name]/a
[name]Esther[/name] nn [name]Estee[/name]
[name]Edith[/name] nn [name]Edie[/name]
[name]Bryony[/name]
[name]Bethany[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Linnea[/name]
[name]Layla[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Nola[/name]
[name]Opal[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Sally[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]/a
[name]Vera[/name]

Not sure where you are, but in Australia [name]Georgia[/name] is super-popular, so much so that I would discount it for being common.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Ariel[/name] or [name]Gabrielle[/name]/[name]Gabriella[/name]?

Another option to Georgia could be Georgina or Georgette, which can shorten to Georgie for a nn.

Also (of course) I would suggest all my faves, in my signature below.

I thought the name [name]Arely[/name] was Hebrew meaning Brave; courageous, heroic??

I am in the U.S ([name]MO[/name] at the moment) and have never actually met someone named [name]Georgia[/name], but always thought it was a cute name!

I’m going to go back through and read all the suggestions :slight_smile: I think I want something cute/modern and traditional sounding…if that’s possible. lol

what about [name]Eva[/name]/[name]Evangeline[/name]/[name]Evangelina[/name]? it means good news
other sort of religious names i like are:
[name]Rebecca[/name]
Rosary
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Shiloh[/name]
[name]Honor[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Glory[/name]
[name]Cora[/name] (a little farther out, but it means “heart”, like heart of God or your family)
[name]Angelina[/name] (is another A name odd?)

I love [name]Maisy[/name]/[name]Maisie[/name]! Some other cute names are [name]Cora[/name], [name]Blythe[/name], [name]Louisa[/name]. Good luck!

what about :
[name]Giselle[/name]
[name]Seraphine[/name]
[name]Lisbeth[/name] ([name]Elizabeth[/name])
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Thalia[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Marion[/name]
[name]Amanda[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Anna[/name] (meaning grace)
[name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Nadya[/name] (hope)