Original name for last name Smith...

Our last name is [name]Smith[/name], and I am having a hard time coming up with a name that won’t be too generic, but at the same time not too “out there”. My favorites right now are [name]McCoy[/name] and [name]Bronson[/name]. I also like [name]Calvin[/name] and [name]Tyson[/name]. Any thoughts or other suggestions?? We only have 4 weeks until our due date and I’m afraid this little guy with be [name]Baby[/name] [name]Smith[/name] for the first month of his life!! :slight_smile:

some of my favorites: callum, campbell, anderson, sutton, maguire, cole, august, rowan, emerson, emery, sullivan, langston, nolan, graham.

i really like mccoy for a mn!

I would pick something unusual. Also I’d choose a name with two or more syllables. Any name in the top 100 would be out. I wouldn’t even pick a classic name. So:

[name]Carsten[/name] [name]Smith[/name]
[name]Levi[/name] [name]Smith[/name] - is [name]Levi[/name] popular? I like it with [name]Smith[/name].
[name]Reuben[/name] [name]Smith[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Smith[/name]
[name]Clayton[/name] [name]Smith[/name]
I like western names with [name]Smith[/name] a lot! See above ([name]Clayton[/name]).
[name]Cleveland[/name] [name]Smith[/name]
[name]Hudson[/name] [name]Smith[/name], but [name]Hudson[/name] might get really popular. Sounds great though.
[name]Dexter[/name] [name]Smith[/name]
[name]Oslo[/name] [name]Smith[/name] - I like [name]Oslo[/name] with [name]Smith[/name], but check out what [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] say about [name]Oslo[/name].
[name]Malcolm[/name] [name]Smith[/name]
[name]Rainn[/name] [name]Smith[/name] - in this case, I like one syllable
[name]Sullivan[/name] [name]Smith[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name] [name]Smith[/name]
[name]Truman[/name] [name]Smith[/name]

[name]Bennett[/name] [name]Smith[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name] [name]Smith[/name]
[name]Cullen[/name] [name]Smith[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name] [name]Smith[/name]
[name]Everett[/name] [name]Smith[/name]
[name]Gulliver[/name] [name]Smith[/name]
[name]Kellan[/name] [name]Smith[/name]
[name]Montgomery[/name] [name]Smith[/name]
[name]Orion[/name] [name]Smith[/name]
[name]Roman[/name] [name]Smith[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Smith[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name] [name]Smith[/name] (I think [name]Xavier[/name] [name]Smith[/name] sounds awesome…)

I like the longer names with [name]Smith[/name]…

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] [name]McCoy[/name], [name]Bronson[/name] and [name]Calvin[/name]. [name]Tyson[/name], not so much, because of [name]Mike[/name] and the chicken.

I also like a lot of the longer suggestions offered above. On the nameberry supersearch, I looked for unusual boys’ names with 3 syllables and offer the following. Some may be too 'out there" but i like them all and they may just spark some ideas:

[name]Balthasar[/name]
[name]Barnaby[/name]
[name]Branigan[/name]
[name]Cassian[/name] (pronounced cash-in)
[name]Edison[/name] (I do think this is getting more popular)
[name]Garrison[/name]
[name]Hamilton[/name]
[name]Inigo[/name]
[name]Jupiter[/name]
[name]Lazaro[/name]
[name]Malachy[/name] (mal-a-kee – this is the Irish version)
[name]Nicholson[/name]
[name]Piran[/name]
[name]Rafferty[/name]
[name]Romulus[/name] (though not nuts about names that end in s)
[name]Sheridan[/name]
[name]Tulio[/name]
[name]Whittaker[/name]

I can understand you wanting a unique name.

My friend was in the same position for her little boy. Throughout her pregnancy she called him [name]Jet[/name] [name]Smith[/name] but changed just before the birth to [name]Hudson[/name] [name]Smith[/name]. [name]Both[/name] names are great. I think [name]Jet[/name] [name]Smith[/name] is a very cool name.

In my kindy class I have a [name]Rio[/name] [name]Smith[/name] which I love.

Thanks for the suggestions! I am really leaning towards [name]McCoy[/name] right now… any opinions?

[name]McCoy[/name] is all last name to me (and the phrase “The real [name]McCoy[/name]…”), but I think it’s interesting. I like [name]Mack[/name] as a nickname.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] [name]Calvin[/name], [name]Kellan[/name] and [name]Sutton[/name]. Big vote for [name]Kellan[/name] (calvin as a close second)!

I love [name]Callum[/name] [name]Smith[/name]- adorable!!!
Also like [name]Dakota[/name], [name]Dallas[/name], [name]Carson[/name], [name]Travis[/name], [name]Porter[/name], [name]Landon[/name]…

do you like any of these suugestions?

I like all the Mc names. [name]McCoy[/name] is sure to get lots of “real [name]McCoy[/name]” jokes throughout his lifetime, but it is a cool and distinctive name.

I like all of those names actually! I think they’ve all been on my list at one point. :slight_smile: I really like [name]Carson[/name]. Another name suggested that i like is [name]Emerson[/name]. I started another message board because when I looked up [name]Emerson[/name], there were a lot of girls being named this. Is it too feminine? I really like it, but I like “boy” names, not so much unisex… Only 3 weeks til my due date! Hopefully we can decide on a name for this baby soon!! :slight_smile:

Since you like [name]Carson[/name] and [name]Emerson[/name], what about [name]Carson[/name] [name]Emerson[/name] [name]Smith[/name]? Or is that too “son” or “s” heavy for you?

I really love your name choice of [name]Calvin[/name] [name]Smith[/name]. I also love [name]Callum[/name], [name]Barnaby[/name] and [name]Xavier[/name] with [name]Smith[/name]. I think if you absolutly love [name]McCoy[/name] you should use it. We have a baseball stadium near us with that name, so its hard for me to see it as a baby first name. I also believe that [name]Emerson[/name] is a unisex name ([name]Teri[/name] Hatcher has a daughter [name]Emerson[/name]). Have you tried hanging out at a local park? Listening to moms call their kids (and imagining yourself doing it) is a great way to get a new perspective of a name.

Good luck!