Orin Murphy - Brother for Ender and Lyra

After a very rough pregnancy, baby [name_m]Orin[/name_m] [name_u]Murphy[/name_u] arrived a month early, on [name_u]August[/name_u] 14th!

His big brother, Ender [name_u]Grey[/name_u] (3yo), and big sister, [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] [name_f]Yvaine[/name_f] (1.5yo), are thrilled and totally smitten with their new baby brother.

Like his siblings, both of [name_m]Orin[/name_m]'s names came from literature. After using our favorite books for the first two kids, we struggled with baby #3. We fell in love with the name [name_m]Orin[/name_m] (and Sorin, [name_m]Torin[/name_m], [name_m]Thorin[/name_m], etc.), so when we realized it is [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Curry[/name_u]/Aquaman’s birth name, it felt perfect. (I was always more of an x-man fan, but it still felt right.)

[name_u]Murphy[/name_u] is after my husband’s favorite character, [name_u]Grey[/name_u] [name_u]Murphy[/name_u], from the series [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]. It also means “sea warrior” which gives both of his names a sweet ocean theme.

Thank you so much to the Name [name_u]Sage[/name_u] and all the Berries who helped us brainstorm and narrow down our names.

P.s. if he was a girl, we had settled on the name [name_f]Ione[/name_f] Valette. Of the two, I definitely prefer [name_m]Orin[/name_m] [name_u]Murphy[/name_u], as [name_f]Ione[/name_f] never quite felt like it was the right fit for us.

You tried posting two times yesterday and both attempts got flagged by the spam filter (and since there weren’t any other new posts on this board when I would’ve seen the flagged post I didn’t look until someone else did post). I approved this (the first) one and deleted the second one (they both look the same, but if I got it wrong let me know and I can undo the deletion).

Congratulations!! Such a lovely choice :slight_smile:

Although I didn’t mention it in my last post, congratulations! I love his name!

Thank you for fixing the double post. I was having some internet troubles.

Thank you! We struggled with picking his name for a long time. Didn’t settle on it until a few days before he was born.

Fantastic choice! Congratulations!

Wow, I’m in love with your set! [name_m]Orin[/name_m] [name_u]Murphy[/name_u] is just perfect, congratulations and I hope you’re both recovering well.

Oh, you have the most perfectly named children! I love each one, especially all of the meaning behind them.
Congratulations on your newest addition!!

Congratulations, I love it!

So lovely! And perfect with siblings too :slight_smile: Congratulations!