Orrin or Eider?

We are expecting a baby boy any day. We’ve finally narrowed it down to to [name_m]Orrin[/name_m] or Eider (ay-der) for a first name. Middle names are [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], [name_m]William[/name_m], or [name_m]Anderson[/name_m]. Our daughter’s name is Sienne. I’m wondering what people’s thoughts are on these first names?

I really like your names! I would tend to go with [name_m]Orrin[/name_m], because I love the sound of it (very strong) but is phonetically straightforward. I love both [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] and [name_m]William[/name_m] for middle names.

Best of luck with your labour and delivery!!!

Eider [name_m]William[/name_m] is very handsome, but would it have pronunciation trouble where you live? If not, go for it!

I like Eider [name_m]William[/name_m].

I love both names!

I would go with [name_m]Orrin[/name_m], mostly because I love the way it sounds. It’s a name that would fit most any boy, and sounds good for a young child or an adult. It’s also phonetically straightforward. Alternate spellings could be: [name_m]Oren[/name_m], Oryn, [name_m]Orin[/name_m], etc.

Eider is also a great name, although it might be hard for people to pronounce without you telling them first (depending on where you live). The “A” sound might be a little repetitive when paired with the mn [name_m]Anderson[/name_m], but it still sounds very nice!

I love how all the middle names fit will with either Eider or [name_m]Orrin[/name_m]. Great choices!

I like [name_m]Orrin[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m].

I have never seen / heard Eider before. It has a neat sound. I hesitate to give it two thumbs up simply because I mispronounced it when I read it. Not knowing where you live or whether you care about correcting folks, it makes me concerned about Eider. If neither of those are issues then Eider is a really great option as well.

Alternate choice: Eider [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]

Thanks everyone for your thoughts! It’s great to know others’ opinions!

Definitely [name_m]Orrin[/name_m]!

I prefer [name_m]Orrin[/name_m]. I wasn’t familiar with this version, but i love [name_m]Oren[/name_m], and [name_m]Torin[/name_m] and [name_m]Soren[/name_m], so it’s only natural I like it. Eider sounds a bit harsh to me.

My preference is for [name_m]Orrin[/name_m]. Eider reminds me of eiderdown, and seems like it would pose more pronunciation issues (especially since it’s an eye-der sound in eiderdown). Plus I really like the name [name_m]Orrin[/name_m] in general.

I think all three of your middle names work well with [name_m]Orrin[/name_m].

I like [name_m]Orrin[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] the best as a combo.

I like [name_m]Orrin[/name_m] (or the alternative spellings like [name_m]Orin[/name_m], [name_m]Oran[/name_m], etc.). I think it makes a nice sibset with Sienne.

Eider, sorry, but it makes me think of eider down (duck down).