Orson

Hello everyone!
After meeting a boy from down the street with this name, I’ve started liking the name [name_m]Orson[/name_m]. What do you think of it? Is it too associated with [name_m]Orson[/name_m] Welles?

Middles are also welcome. :slightly_smiling_face:

I like [name_m]Orson[/name_m]! The meaning is adorable and I love that it’s uncommon but doesn’t feel out-there at all.

I don’t actually think of [name_m]Orson[/name_m] Welles- my first association is the author [name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_u]Scott[/name_u] [name_m]Card[/name_m] (probably because we had to read one of his books in school a few years ago).

1 Like

That is definitely my first and only association, but I don’t see that as a bad thing by any means. :slight_smile:

Honestly, [name_m]Orson[/name_m] is not really my style, but I have nothing against it. It could be a really cool and unique choice for a boy today!

1 Like

I really like the meaning. I’ve never heard of [name_m]Orson[/name_m] Welles so I wouldn’t say the association is too strong.
What bothers me is that I instantly think ‘‘arson’’ and ‘‘arse-on’’ but maybe that’s just me?

1 Like

That’s true, I hadn’t thought of that :thinking:

1 Like

I really like it! It’s cool in an old-school way, but has a very contemporary sound. And an adorable meaning :bear:

I think both [name_m]Orson[/name_m] Welles and [name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_u]Scott[/name_u] [name_m]Card[/name_m] are pretty good associations, as associations go. I always make a mental connection to [name_u]George[/name_u] [name_m]Orwell[/name_m] too (I think it’s the Or-) but that’s probably just me!

1 Like

It’s in my top 3 for if I ever have a son! I love the sound and meaning.

1 Like

Love it! I think it has a handsome sound, it’s recognisable and easy to spell but really uncommon, and the meaning is adorable. It’s on my list :blush:

1 Like

@katinka @AerieEerie @floatinthesky Thanks for the feedback, I’m glad you like the meaning! :blush:

2 Likes

I like [name_m]Orson[/name_m]. It has a cool meaning

Orson [name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_u]Reeve[/name_u]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_u]Beckett[/name_u]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_u]Reilly[/name_u]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_u]Jules[/name_u]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_u]Carter[/name_u]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_u]Micah[/name_u]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_m]Leonidas[/name_m]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_u]Jasper[/name_u]

1 Like

The meaning is super cute. It feels really outdoorsy and fun.

1 Like

My first association is [name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_u]Scott[/name_u] [name_m]Card[/name_m].

I’m not really a fan, but I think it’s usable!

1 Like

I’ve really been loving [name_m]Orson[/name_m] lately! I definitely think the association with [name_m]Orson[/name_m] Welles is strong, but I don’t think that makes the name unusable.

1 Like

I think it would be cool if the average person today knew who [name_m]Orson[/name_m] Welles was! I wouldn’t worry about the association at all.

I like [name_m]Orson[/name_m]. I like [name_m]Orson[/name_m] with a one syllable middle. [name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_u]Teal[/name_u], [name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_m]Roone[/name_m], [name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_u]Elm[/name_u], [name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_u]Pine[/name_u], etc.

1 Like

I definitely think of [name_m]Orson[/name_m] Welles, but it’s not bad at all! It is not my style, but I would love to hear used more often. Its meaning is cute and it sounds pretty fresh.

1 Like

I instantly think of [name_m]Orson[/name_m] Welles, but maybe if I knew someone named [name_m]Orson[/name_m], I wouldn’t feel that connection so strongly.

1 Like

I wouldn’t have made the connection/association, so I vote that it’s fine! I think it’s quite sweet. It’s not entirely my style but I could definitely see it growing on me.

1 Like

I think it’s a good name. Familiar but different. I do associate it with [name_m]Orson[/name_m] Welles, but it’s not a negative association to me (or at least, I’m not aware of him doing anything problematic, I just know about his famous movies).

1 Like

I really like it! It sounds classic and familiar but not too common. [name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] was in the running last time around if we’d had a boy.

1 Like

I like [name_m]Orson[/name_m].

Some combos:

Orson [name_m]Gilbert[/name_m]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_u]Gale[/name_u]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_u]Asher[/name_u]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_m]Cassius[/name_m]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]

1 Like