Oscar & Kermit

What do you think of [name]Oscar[/name]?
What do you think of [name]Kermit[/name]?

I like [name]Oscar[/name]. I have finally shed his muppet existance, but [name]Kermit[/name] is still ALL FROG to me.

Sorry.

Whyis it that [name]Oscar[/name] is not associated with the Muppets anymore, and [name]Kermit[/name] is?

I think its because [name]Oscar[/name] has gotten more exposure. We’ve seen other characters from movies/TV with the name [name]Oscar[/name] so it wasn’t exclusively muppet, but until more parents use [name]Kermit[/name] (maybe a celebrity to put it into mainstream like with [name]Oscar[/name]) it is always going to be associated with [name]Kermit[/name] The Frog.

At least that’s my opinion.

I agree that [name]Kermit[/name] is still definitely all muppet frog, whereas [name]Oscar[/name] has gone beyond the grouch.

I agree with pp’s, [name]Kermit[/name] is still unfortunately tied to the frog though [name]Oscar[/name] is adorable!

[name]Oscar[/name] is a name, [name]Kermit[/name] is still just a muppet. As someone else said one reason for that is that [name]Oscar[/name] has a lot more uses in pop culture than [name]Kermit[/name] which I can’t think of any other example of a [name]Kermit[/name], so it’s not as closely linked to it’s muppet. That and [name]Oscar[/name] is a muppet, while [name]Kermit[/name] is THE muppet. A supporting character is a lot less noticeable than the star. Some people probably don’t know who [name]Oscar[/name] the muppet is, while people who have never even watched the show probably know who [name]Kermit[/name] is.

Sadly, I think [name]Kermit[/name] is stuck as a frog.
The only other [name]Kermit[/name]'s I’ve heard of are [name]Kermit[/name] [name]Roosevelt[/name] & his son, [name]Kermit[/name] [name]Jr[/name]. I think [name]Kermit[/name] [name]Jr[/name] went by [name]Kim[/name]…which unless you live in Australia might be tough to have as an nn for a boy.
[name]Oscar[/name] is really nice though!

[name]Kermit[/name] is a frog and likely will be for a long time. Honestly, I don’t think [name]Kermit[/name] is that great of a name anyway, so you won’t see me mourning its loss from the mainstream name population.

[name]Both[/name] are displeasing, both to the eye and ear. [name]Oscar[/name] sounds like an old man, and [name]Kermit[/name], of course, the frog.

I like [name]Oscar[/name] it is widely used in Latin American countries. [name]Kermit[/name] sounds like Hermit.

What about [name]Grover[/name]? On sound alone, that should be the most popular, but I sure haven’t heard of any Grovers.

I know a couple of Grovers. I like it! I love [name]Oscar[/name], but it’s so popular now! But [name]Kermit[/name], yeah…nuh.

I think [name]Elmo[/name] is a cute name but I really detest [name]Elmo[/name] the little red puppety thing. Too loud and shrill. Not sure about [name]Ernie[/name] or [name]Bert[/name] either. Though I like [name]Ernest[/name] and [name]Albert[/name].

[name]Grover[/name] is super cute, I like it and [name]Oscar[/name]. [name]Elmo[/name] is another example of a name too closely tied to a puppet, but I actually like it unlike [name]Kermit[/name].

And there is a good reason for that. Not a good name.