Oscar - WDYT?

Hello, I was randomly throwing out names to my hubby the other day and he came back with [name]Oscar[/name]. I think I really like it! What do you guys think of when you hear [name]Oscar[/name]? I was thinking we could call him [name]Oz[/name] or [name]Ozzie[/name] as nicknames. [name]Do[/name] you think he’d get teased for the [name]Oscar[/name] the Grouch connection? I think I really like this name but the baby is due in only 12 days and I’m worried I’d accidentally name him something with an obvious teaseability to it. For instance my co-worker almost named her son [name]Harry[/name] [name]Richard[/name]… [name]Harry[/name] [name]Dick[/name] ([name]Richard[/name] was a family name!) She was coming up with baby names in the last few weeks because she was sure it was a girl, and then it was a boy! Well we could name about ten baby girls but if this is a boy we’re mostly stuck.

So sock it to me, what do you think of [name]Oscar[/name]? We’re thinking [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Byron[/name] [name]Young[/name].

Oh, I love [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Byron[/name] [name]Young[/name] - wonderful! You also have two literary connections - [name]Oscar[/name] Wilde (the only association I think of when I think of [name]Oscar[/name]) and [name]Lord[/name] [name]Byron[/name]. Very nice! And if you and you’re husband like it, then by all means go for it! All the best!

[name]Oscar[/name] [name]Byron[/name] [name]Young[/name] is great name. Initials [name]OBY[/name], might make a cute nickname. I love [name]Oz[/name] or [name]Ozzie[/name] as nicknames. Great choice!

I don’t care for the name [name]Oscar[/name], but that’s personal preference. If it helps, [name]Oscar[/name] the grouch has never come to mind when I heard it :slight_smile:

I think [name]Oscar[/name] is a fabulous name…familiar but not overused, different but not weird, easy to spell, literary references, cute on a boy, distinguished on a man.

I say go for it!

I love [name]Oscar[/name]! I think it has overcome the grouch association, too. [name]Oz[/name] is a cute nn.
[name]Oscar[/name] [name]Byron[/name] [name]Young[/name] is perfect!