Ostara as a Middle Name?

Hello Berries,

[name_m]How[/name_m] do you feel about Ostara as a middle name? It means “[name_f]Easter[/name_f]” in [name_m]German[/name_m] and refers specifically to the holiday itself. I thought it could be a nice way of honouring my heritage; but definitely not as a first name. [name_f]My[/name_f] question is though, if [name_f]Easter[/name_f] is celebrated by both pagans and those of christian faith. Would the name be consider offensive to any given group?

Well I don’t think it would be offensive to Christians at all, seeing as most (at least most I know) wouldn’t even know the word Ostara. I believe most just call it [name_f]Easter[/name_f] (I could be wrong on this though so forgive me if I am) and are unaware of the pagan origins of the holiday. I don’t think Pagans would care all that much either to be honest (I’m just starting out in the religion and I wouldn’t find it offensive…unless you were unaware of the origins of it but obviously you ARE aware so it doesn’t bother me in this case :slight_smile: ). Another thing is almost anything can go in the middle spot as most people don’t know other peoples’ middle names. So I think overall, you are safe with it.

P.S.: Ostara as a middle name is such an awesome idea that I’m jealous I didn’t think of it myself! :wink: