Other given names to go with Cressida

I began this thread on Dec, 9th and hoped to progress but unfortunately accidentally ‘closed’ the thread. I did not know what else to do but open another sorry,
To reiterate we have decided on [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] for the first name. We will choose three given names and so I am striving to get a nice overall name which contains at least one other name which is very usable as an alternate given name.
egs. [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Romilly[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] and especially where one name e.g. - ‘[name_f]Romilly[/name_f]’ - has [name_u]Romy[/name_u] for a shorter name, DH dislikes all nns for [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] :wink:

& I do not like any of the shortened names for [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] that I have heard to date. From [name_f]Cressa[/name_f] to [name_f]Dessa[/name_f] to Cici to Cyd. I would love to find one.
I have attempted to summarise feedback from your replies.
Our surname starts with M -4 syllables which i know is not really ‘tasteful’ but its been a family tradition for so long it seems okay to me and our older children have 3 given names. I am really stuck with [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] though.

I did not state the first time that we were going to have 3 names, and I am always delighted to see the names you think are good with [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] but I since have seen the names you put together and I would so appreciate your 3 name suggestions.
I have put my very favourite names but they don’t necessarily ‘fit’ to make a good overall name.
I have listed quite a few… other names that i really like any if I could have 2 from list 1- and any other name to make it flow is better rather than 3 favourites that “clunk”.
Sorry from memory [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] and [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f], we have used already; [name_f]Willow[/name_f] is the cat, and I don’t like [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] although I arrived at that as a good sound fit myself.
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Miranda[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] (Ophélie)[name_f]Ariadne[/name_f] [name_f]Georgetta[/name_f] [name_f]Lucina[/name_f]/[name_f]Luciana[/name_f]/[name_f]Luz[/name_f] [name_f]Romilly[/name_f]/[name_u]Romy[/name_u] O’[name_f]Hara[/name_f] Cléona/[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f].
[name_m]How[/name_m] do you pronounce [name_f]Lux[/name_f]?
Also O’[name_f]Hara[/name_f] ([name_f]Hara[/name_f]) I adore-since i am not US and love Irish names, I think its doable but I am interested in any different US opinion.
list 2.
[name_f]Lilac[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] [name_u]Dana[/name_u]ë [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] [name_m]Matt[/name_m]éa [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] [name_f]Carolina[/name_f] [name_f]Sonnet[/name_f] [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Antonia[/name_f] [name_u]Antoine[/name_u]
[name_f]Gaia[/name_f] [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f] [name_f]Lotus[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_f]Cerys[/name_f] [name_f]Mireille[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_u]Aspen[/name_u] [name_u]Auden[/name_u] [name_f]Luisa[/name_f] [name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] [name_f]Camille[/name_f]. [name_f]Octavia[/name_f]/ [name_f]Ottavia[/name_f] [name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_u]Everly[/name_u] [name_u]Channing[/name_u] [name_f]Zanna[/name_f] [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_f]Brielle[/name_f] [name_m]Evander[/name_m] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] [name_f]Zahra[/name_f] [name_f]Theona[/name_f] [name_f]Ione[/name_f]/a [name_f]Bridget[/name_f] [name_f]Clelia[/name_f] [name_f]Corisande[/name_f].
Thank you hoping for your indulgence.
Many Thanks Kezzierose OH! I said before but I will again all [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] /[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] names sadly are out as BOtH our surnames contain [name_f]Ros[/name_f]/[name_f]Rose[/name_f].

[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] - Sisy, [name_f]Essy[/name_f], [name_u]Cody[/name_u], [name_f]Kaydie[/name_f], [name_m]Rey[/name_m], Siddy, Cesy

[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Clelia[/name_f] [name_f]Lotus[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] [name_f]Lilac[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f] [name_f]Mireille[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Antonia[/name_f] [name_f]Sonnet[/name_f]

[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] Elysant [name_f]Maia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]

[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Mattea[/name_f] [name_f]Bridget[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_f]Ione[/name_f]

You list is so beautiful and stylish! [name_u]Love[/name_u] many names you listed!

[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] is one of my most favourite names and I love the nicknames “[name_f]Cressie[/name_f]” and “[name_f]Essie[/name_f]” which are the ones I would choose to use personally. My favourite combo using your list is:

[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] ("[name_u]June[/name_u]" or “[name_f]Junie[/name_f]”)

I’m a bit confused, What is wrong with [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Romilly[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] as it has two very usable names ([name_f]Romilly[/name_f] & [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]) and the nn [name_u]Romy[/name_u] since your DH dislikes all nicknames for [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]? I would have an awful hard time coming up with two other names that work with [name_f]Cressida[/name_f], flow well, and have a useable name and nn. I think [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Romilly[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] sounds great!!

ooh I second [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Juniper[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]!

[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Luz[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] [name_f]Cosima[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Juniper[/name_f] [name_f]Athena[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]

And I pronounce [name_f]Lux[/name_f] phonetically, Luh-x

[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Mattea[/name_f] [name_f]Sonnet[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Lotus[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f] [name_f]Zahra[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Lucina[/name_f] [name_u]Channing[/name_u]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] [name_u]Aspen[/name_u]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_u]Auden[/name_u]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Georgetta[/name_f] [name_f]Rachel[/name_f]

[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Miranda[/name_f] [name_f]Luz[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Romilly[/name_f] [name_f]Freya[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] Ophélie
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Luz[/name_f] [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f]

[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_f]Athena[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Cosima[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_u]Aspen[/name_u] [name_f]Octavia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Bridget[/name_f] [name_f]Ione[/name_f]/a

Oh My! I finally found this thread and the lists of names-
What beautiful combos you have put. God bless -
kezzierose

Such lovely names.

My top recommendations:

[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] [name_f]Mireille[/name_f]

[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] [name_f]Ramona[/name_f]

[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] – have you considered the nickname [name_f]Goldie[/name_f]? Might be far fetched, but the name-meaning is “gold” so would work. Others that are a stretch: [name_f]Ida[/name_f], [name_m]Sy[/name_m], [name_u]Red[/name_u], [name_f]Eda[/name_f], [name_f]Edie[/name_f], [name_f]Dessa[/name_f], [name_u]Reese[/name_u], Isa

Are you saying you want a total of 4 names or 3? As in [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] ___ ____ ___ or [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] ____ _____ ?

Are you a [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m] fan? Many names you have on here were said to be invented by him or are tied to him, which is not a bad thing but might be what’s also creating a sense of overkill. Like [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Miranda[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] – all [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m]. Too much for me. And oh my you like long and complicated names! Hard to make them compliment each other.

[name_f]Lux[/name_f] – Luhx

[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Lucina[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Romilly[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]

[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_u]Romy[/name_u] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Georgette[/name_f] / [name_f]Sonnet[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Romilly[/name_f] [name_f]Lux[/name_f] [name_f]Mireille[/name_f] or [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_u]Romy[/name_u] [name_f]Lux[/name_f] [name_f]Mireille[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Romilly/Romy[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] / [name_f]Brielle[/name_f] / [name_f]Danae[/name_f] / [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] / [name_f]Faye[/name_f]

I have a hard enough time wrapping my head around a singular middle name so hope that helped a smidge.

p.s. Finding Romilly difficult, it’s a bit of a mouthful. Just Romy makes for smoother transitions.

Dear “aym” -thanks for for very thoughtful post.
When I finally convinced myself to use [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] (due to very emotional reasons) I started to think on a whole different level for girls names. Its not that different in style to my older girls which I will list as soon as I get my names for my signature decided, but it is the only ‘Shakespearean’ only name and started me thinking I can’t put one without the other! :wink:
Well Yes I can -the post of ‘No and No’ was just what I needed. I think I will go with [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] Romily [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] -the last being a strong family name. I agree about [name_u]Romy[/name_u] and ‘we’ -it is the two of us, I must remember- might use [name_u]Romy[/name_u] still.
I am so relieved to let go of [name_f]Miranda[/name_f] and [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]. Dad had four given names !!- they were just not such an overload of syllables. I have thought of nn -[name_f]Goldie[/name_f] - I like it but the inquiry is just that, an inquiry.
Again many thanks.