Other name considerations

Me again! Thanks for being patient with me
Also thinking on…

[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]

(middle is [name_f]Diana[/name_f], firm- it’s an honor, using no variations)

Others I like but won’t/can’t use
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucille[/name_f]

Thoughts on names and maybe a couple suggestions similar to the above?
Thank you!

3 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite is [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f], though I’m not completely sold on the -t ending going into the D- beginning, I don’t think it flows great. I don’t like [name_f]Violet[/name_f] as for me it’s too close to the word ‘violent.’ [name_f]Julia[/name_f], while lovely and refreshing on a little one these days, is too samey next to [name_f]Diana[/name_f] imo which takes the shine off both individual names - both [name_m]Roman[/name_m], same flow / syllable count, same ending sounds, very similar ‘feel.’

2 Likes

Since you like [name_f]Julia[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], I think [name_u]Julie[/name_u] pairs well with [name_f]Diana[/name_f] too

I’m less convinced by names ending in -et before [name_f]Diana[/name_f]. Not shocking and still perfectly fine, I just think it doesn’t flow as well.

That being said, my daughter’s first and middle might not be considered as having a good flow (both start with the sound I), and it just didn’t matter to us: her first just was her name, I saw it in a dream and couldn’t imagine her being named anything else, and middle is an honor name so aesthetics were secondary.

My 2 favorites are Juliet and Violet - they sound refreshing and beautiful to me on their own, and pair beautifully with Diana too. I really love both names. With that said you really can’t go wrong with any of those 3 choices.

I like [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] on its own, but the -et [name_f]Di[/name_f]- transition in [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is a little awkward to say. [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] is fine, I guess, but I don’t get a sparkle from it, ya know?

(My favorite of yours is still [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] Diana)

I guess I didn’t think the transition was that bad :frowning: bummer to see. Any suggestions that are similar

The transition isn’t an issue for me, I don’t love [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] because they’re so similar. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite would be [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f], because a [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] has the repeating ‘eye’ sound which is a bit rhymey (although I love [name_f]Violet[/name_f] in isolation).

I’m still a fan of [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] :wink:

I really like [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f], although all three are lovely, but my favourite is [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] if she is still an option.

1 Like

I think [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] is great, and the flow doesn’t seem to be problematic to me. It is beautiful, romantic, and goes great with sisters’ names (which you mentioned in another post). [name_u]Love[/name_u] it!

Since you asked for other suggestions, though, here are some:

[name_f]Amy[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Helen[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Jill[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Jillian[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_u]Jules[/name_u] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Kathleen[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Leonor[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilah[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilian[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Molly[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Nancy[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Nell[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_u]Nelly[/name_u] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Noreen[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalyn[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Roslyn[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] is literary, lovely and stylish. It’s gorgeous.

[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] is a bit clunky and meh for me

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] is sleek, sharp and pretty!

A few ideas:

[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_u]Celeste[/name_u] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Renee[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Lenore[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Marcie[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Celine[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Hattie[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Heidi[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_u]Florence[/name_u] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]

All three sound fine so you should pick the name you love the most and want to say all the time because no one is ever going to say the middle, ever!

Oh [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] is absolutely stunning :dizzy:

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is beautiful a favourite of mine she’s romantic, graceful, elegant and has a naturally summery disposition. [name_u]Jules[/name_u] is a gorgeous nickname for [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and gives a fun quirky edge. [name_f]Diana[/name_f] is a wonderful middle name for [name_f]Juliet[/name_f].

You may also like

[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Cosette[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps

I love [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] !!

I also really like the flow of [name_u]Julie[/name_u] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] . But I think you could use [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and it gives her the versatility of both names

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] is my favorite! She’s really lovely. [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] is really nice too though!

Maybe [name_f]Cora[/name_f] Diana/Coralie [name_f]Diana[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f], [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f], or [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]?

Good luck!

Prefer [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f], but I like [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]! [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] is a bit meh, but I saw [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] was recommended here, and I second that. (Merely because I have a soft spot for [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] and [name_f]Jill[/name_f], but it’s a very pretty name)
Personally, your initial suggestion, [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] was lovely!

I’ve always liked the name [name_f]Judith[/name_f]. Have you considered [name_f]Judith[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]?
[name_u]Or[/name_u] maybe [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]?