Otis, Louis or Frederick?

Hello!

I’m currently 2 days overdue with our first baby boy.

We have two daughters, Eula1ie and Marguer!te. (I kindly ask that you not repeat their names in the replies for privacy reasons).

This is the shortlist we are taking to the hospital… would love to hear some feedback! I realise the girls have very french names, but we are prepared to break that trend. Otis is probably our frontrunner, followed closely by Frederick.

Many thanks!

[name_m]Louis[/name_m] seems maybe too close to one of your daughters names.

I prefer [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] just because it matches your daughters names in length with that elegant feel. [name_m]Otis[/name_m] is cute too though and would work if that’s the one you’re really feeling.

I think [name_m]Otis[/name_m] is lovely, but it seems a little short in comparison to your daughters’ names. If that doesn’t bother you, then I say go with it! I don’t see a problem with having two french names and then an [name_m]Otis[/name_m]. It’s not like you’re breaking the trend by naming your son [name_m]Jose[/name_m] or [name_m]Heinrich[/name_m] - something very very obviously of a different origin. I think [name_m]Otis[/name_m] stands up well with the names of your girls.

My second pick would have to be [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]. It’s a solid, classic name with plenty of nickname potential.

Of the three, [name_m]Otis[/name_m] is by far my favorite. However, [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] might go better with your daughter’s names. I think either would be wonderful. Good luck!

I personally love [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]. I also love the nicknames [name_u]Red[/name_u], [name_m]Fred[/name_m], and [name_u]Freddy[/name_u].

Definitely, [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]!

[name_m]Louis[/name_m] is my pick of the 3 names. It’s strong, classic, and not over-used.

[name_m]Louis[/name_m] is my favorite of those and would be the one that goes best with his sisters [name_f]IMO[/name_f] (even though apparently it’s your least favorite of the three). [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] would be my second pick.

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] and [name_m]Louis[/name_m] are on an equal par for me, Both are names I love. [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] pairs well with his sisters names due to length and [name_m]Louis[/name_m] pairs well due to its [name_m]French[/name_m] pronounciation. I do like [name_m]Otis[/name_m] however, it seems a little short compared to your daughters names, however if it’s the one you love I say go for it!

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] is perfect with your daughters names!

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] for me

I personally prefer [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], with your girls and in general :wink: