Ottilie, Matilda, Eloise and Alouette

Below are a few names I have stumbled across lately that I think are beautiful! Would love to hear your thoughts on any of the names below… any middle name inspirations something whimsical and a fun but that still has depth? or what other names do these call to mind for you?

[name]Ottilie[/name] ([name]Tillie[/name])
[name]Matilda[/name] ([name]Tillie[/name])
[name]Eloise[/name] (lulu/elsie)
[name]Alouette[/name] (lulu)

I’m the proud mother of a 7 week old [name]Mathilde[/name] [name]Alice[/name] (ma TEELD ah [name]LEECE[/name]). Up untill the last minute she was almost an [name]Eloise[/name] so we have similar taste :-). The real problem with [name]Eloise[/name] for us was that we couldnt find a middle name that went well, plus we really wanted to use alice in the middle as that was the name our 2yo wanted to call the baby (he still calls her alice.) The only name of yours I’m not wild about is [name]Alouette[/name], this isn’t a name that would be used for a baby in france because it’s so linked to the children’s song. Not sure if these are really the same style but I also seriously considered Salomé and [name]Ali[/name]énor.

I love [name]Eloise[/name] and my little niece is named [name]Matilda[/name], so I love it, of course… she is called “[name]Mattie[/name]” for short. I like “[name]Eloisa[/name]” as an alternative to [name]Eloise[/name] as well :slight_smile:

[name]Alouette[/name] reminds me of the beauty products “Aloette”!

I love [name]Matilda[/name], [name]Ottilie[/name] and [name]Alouette[/name] although I’m not crazy about [name]Eloise[/name].
I think [name]Etta[/name] would be such a cute nn for [name]Alouette[/name] and that all the name and nn sound quite sophisticated!

Other names: [name]Josephine[/name] ([name]Josie[/name]), [name]Charlotte[/name] ([name]Lottie[/name]), [name]Cecily[/name], [name]Anais[/name] ([name]Ana[/name]), [name]Odile[/name], [name]Ophelia[/name] ([name]Lia[/name]), [name]Genevieve[/name] ([name]Evie[/name])

Thank You for your replies! [name]Mathilde[/name] [name]Alice[/name] is a beautiful name Congratulations :slight_smile: and I also love [name]Anais[/name] and [name]Ophelia[/name] they are on my list of favourites! I’ve always thought [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] would make a cute sibset. They,along with [name]Ottilie[/name] have similar meanings 'prosporous/victorious in battle/ renouned warrior" which is strange as I picked all three names because I like the way they sounded not for the meaning. [name]Alouette[/name] just has a gorgeous whimsical air to it in my opinion and I love lulu! Can anyone think of good middles for these names, particularly [name]Eloise[/name]?

I like your other names and the suggestion of [name]Ali[/name]énore (which I’ve had on my list before :)) and [name]Eloise[/name] as well. I don’t care for [name]Alouette[/name] since this isn’t a name, I’ve never understood why nameberry has it listed. If you’re in the states I think you might have prn issues with [name]Ottilie[/name].

[name]Alouette[/name] isn’t a name, so… no.
But I do love [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Alice[/name], and I really like [name]Matilda[/name]. I like [name]Ottilie[/name], but really prefer [name]Ottoline[/name].

Ottilie (Tillie) - [name]Ottilie[/name] is beautiful. I’m not 100% on how it’s pronounced, but I’m a sucker for O names. I don’t think it needs a nn!
Matilda (Tillie) - I know a few Matildas who go by [name]Tilly[/name]. I think it’s cute, but I prefer that spelling.
Eloise (lulu/elsie) - [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Eloise[/name], but I prefer it spelled Héloïse. I don’t care for either of the nns though.
Alouette (lulu) - [name]Alouette[/name] is GORGEOUS, but I’m not sure how usable it is since it just makes me think of the song. Maybe as a mn?

Why is [name]Alouette[/name] not a name?

I really like all your names by the way.

Because it’s a bird.

[name]Alouette[/name] makes me think of the French song, in which the singer is plucking the bird. I love [name]Ottilie[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name]

[name]Ottilie[/name] - [name]Love[/name] it without a nickname.
[name]Matilda[/name] - Gorgeous, it’s on my short list. I like it with the nicknames [name]Mattie[/name] or [name]Tilly[/name].
[name]Eloise[/name] - Pretty.
[name]Alouette[/name] - It’s not a name. It’s the name of a song by the same name: Alouette (song) - Wikipedia, it’s about plucking the feathers, eyes, and beak from a lark. If the word was being used as a name in [name]Quebec[/name] and/or [name]France[/name], I might consider it to be okay to use as a name. However, you can’t just pluck random words from foreign languages and use them as names ([name]Mariposa[/name], [name]Papillon[/name], Schmetterling, Cotovia, etc.)

I prefer [name]Ottoline[/name] to [name]Ottilie[/name], but if the purpose is to get the nn [name]Tillie[/name] then I can see why you would prefer the second.
My favourite of your list is [name]Matilda[/name], I think it is an adorable name. The only name on your list that I don’t like is [name]Eloise[/name], I never really understood why so many people love it. I knew a girl with this name and she always went by [name]Elle[/name], [name]Ellie[/name] or [name]Lola[/name] because she thought her given name was too frilly.
I quite like [name]Alouette[/name], and I love the nn [name]Etta[/name].

I don’t think the OP is looking for names since this is an old post, I believe someone probably searched for [name]Allouette[/name] and posted a question.

Yeah. [name]Ciel[/name] and soleil are the same sort of thing.

Three of them are in my absolute favourites list; [name]Ottilie[/name], [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name]. However, I wouldn’t use both [name]Ottilie[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name].