Otto?

Curious on what you all think of the name [name_m]Otto[/name_m]? I kind of love the name. Does it work for a grown man? Sound too much like “auto” as is “auto-mobile” or “auto-correct” and is that a problem? Thoughts?

I like [name_m]Otto[/name_m], but it reminds me of the dumb guy in A [name_m]Fish[/name_m] Called [name_f]Wanda[/name_f] (I can’t be the only one!)…For that reason, I personally prefer [name_m]Otis[/name_m] but [name_m]Otto[/name_m] is definitely very usable. I think it sounds very international and ages well.
It doesn’t sound like “auto” to my ears, but then I prefer to pronounce “auto” with a [name_m]German[/name_m] accent. :wink:

It’s a lovely name. Of course it works for a grown man, my father’s MN is [name_m]Otto[/name_m] & my great grandfather’s FN was [name_m]Otto[/name_m]. I can see how it could sound similar to auto but I tend to pronounce it a little differently.

I love [name_m]Otto[/name_m], and I don’t think it sounds like auto at all.

My cousin has a six year old named [name_m]Otto[/name_m]. It’s really cute on him, and, at least how we pronounce it, doesn’t sound like auto at all.

[name_m]How[/name_m] do you pronounce it?

[name_m]Otto[/name_m] is a handsome name. It gives me a warm, friendly, slightly mischievous vibe. I think it will age well, too.

Thanks all!

Gosh YES! Something has always bothered me about [name_m]Otto[/name_m], and I could never put my finger on what it reminded me of haha!

That aside, [name_m]Otto[/name_m] is a great name. Very warm and cozy. I would love to meet a little [name_m]Otto[/name_m]!

It’s weird but I can picture it on a baby, kid, teen, and old man, but not an adult man.

I also love [name_m]Otto[/name_m].

[name_m]Otto[/name_m], [name_m]Otis[/name_m] or [name_u]Owen[/name_u]?
[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_u]Owen[/name_u]?