Otto

Hey berries,

I’m in the throws of further name hunting for this baby due in [name_u]September[/name_u]. We like [name_u]Finn[/name_u], [name_m]Otto[/name_m], [name_u]Henry[/name_u], and [name_u]Charlie[/name_u]. [name_m]Otto[/name_m] happens to be the name of a my great-uncle who happens to be a semi well-known murderer (there was just a docu-series about him on HBO Max). I’ve never met him (probably because he was in prison until recently) and I honestly don’t have any connection to him but I know my grandmother does so this would likely hit her and her side of the family in a different way. Does this mean it’s off the table entirely?

I’m sorry but I think it should be let go especially as it is/will be such a well known, and tragic event. It wouldn’t be fair to your son to have his name even if you didn’t know him and didn’t purposely name him after the ancestor but it is a family name. Maybe you would like [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]? [name_f]My[/name_f] favourites on your list are [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] (love it) and [name_u]Finn[/name_u].

I love the name [name_m]Otto[/name_m], but with your family connection and how closely it fits I would consider it off the table. Especially if you think it would really bother your grandmother like that and her side of the family.

To be honest, I think it is off the table I’m afraid in this context

I do think it’s off that table because you’re so closely related to him and his background, unfortunately

No doubt about it, I’d say no to [name_m]Otto[/name_m], full stop.

Perhaps you’d like…

[name_u]Oliver[/name_u]
[name_m]Oslo[/name_m]
[name_m]Oswin[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]

[name_u]Arthur[/name_u]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u]
[name_u]Seth[/name_u]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_m]Leon[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_u]Wyatt[/name_u]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_u]Forest[/name_u]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m]
[name_u]Noel[/name_u]
[name_m]Victor[/name_m]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_u]Percy[/name_u]
[name_u]Lionel[/name_u]

1 Like

I would say not to use [name_m]Otto[/name_m] simply because it’s such a negative association. If it was a long lost uncle you never knew who was just a regular guy, it would be different, but you wouldn’t want people to view your son negatively simply because of his name.
Names similar to [name_m]Otto[/name_m] you might like:
[name_u]Ollie[/name_u]
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m]

I’d say yes, definitely!

It’s unfortunate because it’s such a great name but I definitely don’t think you can use it. What about [name_m]Otis[/name_m]? [name_u]Or[/name_u] other -o ending names like [name_m]Elio[/name_m], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_u]Milo[/name_u], [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] or [name_m]Miro[/name_m]?

I like all of the names on your list, especially [name_u]Henry[/name_u].

Some other names you might like are:

[name_u]Remy[/name_u]
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_u]Rex[/name_u]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Alfred[/name_m]
[name_m]Bastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_m]Caspar[/name_m]