Ottoline or Inez?

Which do you prefer: [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] or [name_f]Inez[/name_f]?

[name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] must have an enunciated t consonant, which may be too laborious for some Americans, though I make the slight effort (and am American lol).

[name_f]Inez[/name_f] can be either EYE-nez or EE-nez. Both are okay.

She would be a sister to [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m].

I like:

[name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] [name_f]Margo[/name_f] (this spelling of [name_f]Margo[/name_f] is my aunt’s middle name and I think [name_f]Margot[/name_f] looks like maggot)
[name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Inez[/name_f] [name_f]Jacquetta[/name_f]
[name_f]Inez[/name_f] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f]
[name_f]Inez[/name_f] [name_f]Letitia[/name_f]
[name_f]Inez[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] (combo might be too beloved/perfect on here for me to use, though I do love)
[name_f]Inez[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]

Other than [name_f]Inez[/name_f] or [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f], if you had to choose a sister name for [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m], what would you choose?

2 Likes

I prefer [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f], it sounds sleek and romantic just like [name_u]Tristan[/name_u]. [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] and [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] are my favourite combinations.

Inez Matilda sound so perfect and is lovely with her brother Tristan

I prefer the name [name_f]Inez[/name_f] to [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] personally but I feel [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] goes better stylistically with [name_u]Tristan[/name_u].

How much will it annoy you if people pronounce [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] incorrectly? I am not American so cannot comment on the likelihood but if it would irritate you maybe it is best avoided?

I like [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] [name_f]Margo[/name_f], [name_f]Inez[/name_f] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] and [name_f]Inez[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] the best from your combos. I don’t understand the comment about [name_f]Inez[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] being too beloved/perfect though.

both are beautiful names! i slightly prefer ottoline, but i think either would go well with tristan. i like ottoline margo and inez leonora the best out of the combos, although inez matilda fits so well with tristan samuel!

I prefer [name_f]Inez[/name_f] and [name_f]Inez[/name_f] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] is very lovely.

Oh gosh what a difficult predicament! [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] and [name_f]Inez[/name_f] are seriously gorgeous so there is no wrong answer.

[name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] and [name_f]Inez[/name_f] both feel fresh and lively with [name_u]Tristan[/name_u]. I think I slightly prefer [name_f]Inez[/name_f] , but [name_f]Inez[/name_f] may be growing in popularity due to [name_u]Blake[/name_u] [name_f]Lively[/name_f] and [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] [name_u]Reynolds[/name_u] using it for one of their daughters

[name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] [name_f]Margo[/name_f] and [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] are stunning. I love all the combos but I sway to using family significant names so if I had to pick 1 it would be [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] [name_f]Margo[/name_f]

[name_f]Inez[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] and [name_f]Inez[/name_f] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] are stunning. [name_f]Inez[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] fits with [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] but I love the flow of [name_f]Inez[/name_f] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f]

[name_f]Inez[/name_f] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f]. EE-nez pronounciation.

[name_f]Inez[/name_f] is really cool. (Though I prefer Ines) [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] gives me a weird taste in my mouth. [name_f]Inez[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] would be perfect! That’s the winner right there.

I much prefer [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] personally. [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] sounds lovely with [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m]!

[name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I prefer [name_f]Inez[/name_f]! Especially with [name_u]Tristan[/name_u]!

[name_f]Inez[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] - so cool.

I love [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] but the pronunciation thing could be an issue - not sure Americans will enunciate the ‘t’!

[name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] is a hard pass for me. I like [name_f]Inez[/name_f] much better. Of the middles you suggested, I do like [name_f]Inez[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] a lot!

I think [name_f]Inez[/name_f] fits better as a sister of [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] but I like the pairings of middle names better for [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f].
[name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] [name_f]Margo[/name_f] especially and [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] are very cute.

Ottoline! Love all those middle names!

I love both!

Both are so punchy, cool and sophisticated, but [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] is a bit more of a statement-maker for me. I think I prefer [name_f]Inez[/name_f] with [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] for that reason — they feel a little better matched style and popularity wise.

But I far prefer the EE-nez or IN-ez pronunciation and would definitely vote for [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] over EYE-nez.

I like both however I prefer the [name_f]Ines[/name_f] spelling rather than [name_f]Inez[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f], [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] and [name_f]Inez[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]!

[name_f]Inez[/name_f] (ee NEZ pronunciation) is my favourite! [name_f]Inez[/name_f] is such a bright vibrant European name that feels elegant and stylish a perfect sister for [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m].

I absolutely love [name_f]Inez[/name_f] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f]! [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] is such a gorgeous vintage name with a lovely romantic sound. I think [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] works beautifully with [name_f]Inez[/name_f] overall the name is beyond majestic.

Swooning over [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] & [name_f]Inez[/name_f] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f]! :two_hearts::two_hearts:

[name_m]Just[/name_m] going to suggest [name_f]Odette[/name_f], [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] & [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] has potential sister names for [name_u]Tristan[/name_u].

1 Like