Ottoline

Is this a real name? I just saw it suggested on a baby name list, and it stuck me as very interesting. I really like [name_m]Otto[/name_m] on a boy, is [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] a real feminization? Is there one/others? I really like [name_f]Odette[/name_f] as well and I wonder which you think is more wearable? Is there another name you think is similar that is more wearable? What kind of nickname would you give [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f]? ([name_f]Every[/name_f] child of mine will have a nickname and my girls nn tend to be on the masculine side)
Any other thoughts, imagery, or opinions on [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f]?
Very interested to hear your thoughts!

I know of [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] but not [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f]. I prefer [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]. I knew a girl by this name and she went by [name_f]Tilly[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] a lot because I like the nickname Toto for a girl.

I wonder if [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] sounds made up to other people, only because of the trend of adding the “lee” sound to girls names. I really like [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] as a nn though

Oh Toto is a really cool idea for a nick ame as well! Which one sounds more established [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] or [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f]? Or maybe even [name_f]Odette[/name_f]? Maybe something else similar?

I like [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f]-- it has a slight witchy vibe!

[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] is more familiar though if you’re looking for something similar and there is also [name_f]Odessa[/name_f] or [name_f]Odelia[/name_f].

As for [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f], I like the nicknames
[name_m]Otto[/name_m]
Otter
Oti (Oh-tee)
[name_u]Ollie[/name_u]

I adore [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f]!!! It’s on my list for a girl, though I prefer the [name_f]Ottaline[/name_f] spelling personally, it seems more feminine somehow.

There is also [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f], Ottolina, Ottilda, and Otthilde / Othilde.

As a nickname for [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f], I personally love [name_u]Ottie[/name_u]… but there’s also [name_u]Ollie[/name_u], Otter, [name_f]Tillie[/name_f], Tolly, (or [name_u]Tally[/name_u] with [name_f]Ottaline[/name_f] spelling), [name_f]Lina[/name_f] or [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m].

I have [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] on my girls list. I’ve not heard [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] before but I think it definitely works, it has the familiar “line” ending of so many other pretty girls names.

The only [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] I’m familiar with is Lady [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f] Morrell, who was a famous socialite in Edwardian [name_f]England[/name_f]. I wonder if you pronounce the ending as -line or -leen? I think it’s an interesting, “eccentric aristocrat” type of name, and I can see more parents using it in the UK if [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] gets very popular.

Oh gosh I’m really liking a lot of these, [name_f]Odessa[/name_f] is probably the most wearable in my corner of the world but I really do like [name_f]Ottoline[/name_f], also I’ve been pronouncing it [name_m]Otto[/name_m]-line is that correct?
Also [name_u]Ottie[/name_u], [name_f]Tilly[/name_f], Otter and Tolly are so cute!!