Our 2nd baby

We welcomed our second (and final) child in early March. I began to panic when I learned he is male. We had two good options for a girl but could not decide on a boy name. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband shot down everything including Leon, Betany, Augustin, Raphael, [name_u]Linden[/name_u] and Ruben. In the end we went with the only name we could agree on: [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] Opel. I have to admit, though, that his name is perfect for him. So far he mostly is called [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] but we are trying out Frito and [name_m]Fredo[/name_m] too.

We chose [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] because it met all of our many requirements (familiar name, not biblical, easily nicknamed, not a family name etc). Opel is a family name on my side that is pronounced the same as Opal.

[name_u]Freddie[/name_u] is a very sweet and sleepy (!!!) baby and we are completely in love. His big sister [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] is tolerating him well. Although I couldn’t have predicted choosing the name Frederick, I am happy that we did.

51 Likes

Congrats! He has such a perfect name.

Congratulations! It’s so beautiful and sounds amazing with [name_f]Margot[/name_f] Dahlia. :white_heart:

1 Like

Congratulations! [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] Opel is such a wholesome and gorgeous name!

1 Like

Congratulations!

Congratulations :tada::partying_face:

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] Opel is a lovely name!

Congratulations! His name is utterly gorgeous — I love that your family name has a naturey feel to tie in with his big sister’s middle :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] Freddie!

Congratulations!! Your children have such beautiful names :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Congrats! His name is beautiful!

congratulations!

Congratulations! Your children have lovely names

Congratulations on the birth of [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] Opel!

Congratulations! :confetti_ball:

Maybe Red?

:joy:

Congratulations! What a beautiful name. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I love the name Frederick! Congratulations!

congratulations! both your kids have stunning names!

Congratulations! What a beautiful name :heart:

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] Opel and [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] are the sweetest sibling set :heart_eyes:

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] Opel is unexpected and gorgeous. What a lovely choice

Beautiful, unique and meaningful name that goes perfectly with sister [name_f]Margot[/name_f] Dahlia. Congratulations!!