Our baby boy is here!

Our son arrived on [name_f]May[/name_f] 5th and his name is [name_m]Obi[/name_m] [name_u]Axel[/name_u]. I was induced to have him on the 4th, but he just didn’t want to be born on [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars [name_u]Day[/name_u]. We did give him a [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars name though, so I hope he’ll grow up to love the franchise as much as we do.

Other names that were close contenders were [name_u]Hazel[/name_u], [name_m]Dante[/name_m], [name_m]Bruce[/name_m], [name_u]Timothy[/name_u], [name_m]Reuben[/name_m] and [name_u]Emerson[/name_u].

Before his birth, I was weighing between [name_m]Dante[/name_m] and [name_m]Bruce[/name_m]. But when we finally met him, he looked like neither of those names.

[name_m]Reuben[/name_m] was a last minute addition to our list, so we didn’t have much connection to it. Maybe if he has a brother one day…

It came down to [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] or [name_m]Obi[/name_m] in the end. I always said that if his eyes were hazel, that would be his name. Well, that’s not how newborn eye colour work, apparently. He’s 10 days old and we still can’t tell what colour his eyes are.

In the end, he really looked like an [name_m]Obi[/name_m], so that’s what we went for. I was very sceptical to the name in the beginning, but now I can’t imagine him being named anything else. It suits him perfectly.

31 Likes

Congratulations!! [name_f]May[/name_f] the force be with you and your family :wink:
I absolutely love the name [name_m]Obi[/name_m]- it sounds so kind yet futuristic and rogue (one). Almost like he could own either a [name_u]Bentley[/name_u] or a toYODA. With such a handsome name, I’ll bet he’ll get a lot of stares as Ewoks down the street.

Sorry, I’ll stop with the awful [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars jokes now…
It’s just- After a rough day, reading this- it just brought me back from the [name_u]Dark[/name_u] Side!

5 Likes

Congratulations! Im glad you found a name that fits!

1 Like

[name_m]Obi[/name_m] [name_u]Axel[/name_u] is a wonderful choice!! Congratulations:)

1 Like

Congratulations! [name_m]Obi[/name_m] [name_u]Axel[/name_u] is such a cool name. [name_f]May[/name_f] the force be with you :wink:

1 Like

Congratulations!

[name_f]May[/name_f] the force be with you & your little one

Had to do a [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars line!

1 Like

[name_m]Obi[/name_m] [name_u]Axel[/name_u] is a beautiful name! Congrats!!

1 Like

[name_m]Obi[/name_m] is so fun! What a great name to reflect your family’s passions. Congratulations :black_heart:

1 Like

[name_m]Obi[/name_m] is such a cute, warm and friendly name. Congratulations!

1 Like

aww congrats! love that name! welcome to the world obi and may the fourth be with you!

1 Like

Congratulations!! What a cool & fun choice :blush:

1 Like

oh congratulations! what a sweet name! welcome to the world, obi :heart:

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

that’s such a cool name!! congratulations :heartpulse:

1 Like

congratulations!