Our Baby name choices.. WDYT?

We are 2 1/2 weeks away from finding out the sex of this baby… we have decided on the names, but I want to run them by you all to get your reactions and if there is anything to consider about them…

Girl: [name]Iris[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]
Boy: [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Wilford[/name]

[name]Wilford[/name] is the only honoring name (after DF’s grandfather)

My 2 older children are [name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name]

[name]Iris[/name] is lovely, not crazy about [name]Victoria[/name], but there’s nothing wrong with it, just not my style.

I prefer [name]Wilford[/name] [name]Elliot[/name] for a boy, with the nn Wilf. But again not crazy about [name]Elliot[/name].

They are both nice choices. I like [name]Iris[/name] much more than [name]Victoria[/name], which is just a little bland to me, one of those it’s okay names.

I [name]Love[/name] [name]Elliot[/name] so I like your boy’s pick the best. Good [name]Luck[/name].

[name]Both[/name] are beautiful names! However, I’m not sure I love the flow of [name]Iris[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]. Maybe something like [name]Iris[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]?

All nice choices.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Iris[/name]. You may want to reconsider the middle name though. I don’t love [name]Victoria[/name] Are there any other options you like??

[name]How[/name] about [name]Iris[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. It has the same feel as [name]Victoria[/name] but a nicer flow.

Cheers,
[name]Beth[/name] [name]Ashley[/name]

I like this, but pretty sure DF doesn’t like the name [name]Amelia[/name]. He does like [name]Amelie[/name] though. Would [name]Iris[/name] [name]Amelie[/name] flow better?

[name]Elizabeth[/name] is my own name, and I don’t want to name her after me (is that weird?) I like it otherwise though.

We really like the meaning of [name]Victoria[/name], and we have been planning on spending our honeymoon in [name]Victoria[/name], BC (Which is what the middle name was suppose to be for, but hasn’t happened yet, lol)… however, I’m not totally set on [name]Victoria[/name] as the MN either.

[name]Both[/name] combos are lovely and both names go well with the sibset.

[name]Iris[/name] [name]Amelie[/name] would be lovely. And it might be nice to give your daughter your name. Men love to name their sons after themselves. We can too!

I agree with pps, not because I dislike the name [name]Victoria[/name], but because I think the beautiful [name]Iris[/name] is a name with heavy consonants ‘R’ and ‘S’ are the main sounds, which means it’s perhaps best followed by a vowel name. Thus the loveliness of [name]Amelia[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] with [name]Iris[/name].
[name]How[/name] about:
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name]

I like [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Wilford[/name].
My only tiny critique (being very nitpicky- its already lovely!) is that there are a lot of Ls.
[name]Do[/name] you like [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Winford[/name]?
Maybe [name]Wilford[/name] has a special value/family tie. If so- totally ignore me!

Good luck.

harrietsmummy X

[name]Wilford[/name] is a family name, and I personally [name]LOVE[/name] it for a middle name (I’d never use it for a first name though)

Other options for a middle name for [name]Iris[/name] that we looked at last night: [name]Iris[/name] [name]Clare[/name] (or [name]Claire[/name]) and [name]Iris[/name] [name]Roxana[/name] … ???

[name]Iris[/name] [name]Clare[/name]- two names I’d never have matched together- [name]Clare[/name] I don’t even like on its own- but I really like this! Definitely my favourite option. :slight_smile: