Our beautiful girl

After following Nameberry for many many years and fantasising about so many beautiful baby names I’m over the moon to be finally writing my own announcement post…

Josephine [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] arrived on [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] 14th [name_u]March[/name_u] (Mother’s [name_u]Day[/name_u] here in the UK!) and we’re totally in love :heart:

I’ve always loved the name [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], a pretty classic with a cute nickname ([name_u]Josie[/name_u]). Over the years I’ve of course toyed with so many other names but kept coming back to this as one of my top choices and luckily hubby loved it just as much.

We went into delivery without a definite decision on name and our second choice was a shorter unisex name, so quite different! But when we held her in our arms we knew she was a [name_u]Josie[/name_u].

Up until only a few weeks ago we thought she’d be [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] but niggles of doubt came in about that combination… so I handed free reign of our name list to hubby and he picked out [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]. A name we’d both loved for a while but couldn’t see ourselves using as a first name.

Thanks everyone for fun name conversations over the years! x

59 Likes

Congratulations! Gorgeous name!

Congrats!

what a special and fantastic Mother’s [name_u]Day[/name_u] present! :blush:
She has a beautiful name, congratulations!!!

Congratulations!!! What an adorable name, and sweetest nickname :purple_heart:

Congratulations! Her name’s so adorable!!

Congratulations!

beautiful name! congratulations xx

Congratulations! What a beautiful name and how sweet that she joined you on Mothers’ [name_u]Day[/name_u] :bouquet:

Welcome to the world [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]! Congratulations on your beautiful girl :heart:

Congratulations! What a wonderful mother’s day gift. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the name!

I am swooning over [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]!! Beautiful name

Congratulations! What a lovely name and a perfect birthday!

congratulations! her name is beautiful!

Josephine [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] is aboslutely lovely!

Congratulations! Beautiful name!

Congratulations! She has a beautiful name.

Congratulations! Her name is just lovely!

Congrats! She has a beautiful name.

I love her name! Congratulations!