Our Choices

I’m no pregnant but we’ve still been talking about name. These are the names so far that we can agree on. I’d love reviews and/or suggestions. Thank!

[name]Kieran[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Rory[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Liam[/name]
[name]Seamus[/name]
[name]Bram[/name]
[name]Colin[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name]
[name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Malcolm[/name]

[name]Kieran[/name] - Not my style…
[name]August[/name]- I don’t like this on a girl OR a boy…
[name]Rory[/name]- I still see it as a girl (because of [name]Gilmore[/name] Girls) but it would be good for a boy too.
[name]Graham[/name]- love this! Very strong name!
[name]Liam[/name]- I like this a lot too… I just don’t like “[name]Lee[/name]” as a nickname
[name]Seamus[/name]- “[name]Shame[/name] on you!” is all I think of.
[name]Bram[/name]- This looks incomplete – I might have liked it if I didn’t see it spelled before I said it out loud to myself.
[name]Colin[/name]- A very good name.
[name]Finn[/name]- Speaking of [name]Gilmore[/name] girls… [name]Colin[/name] and [name]Finn[/name] are right there with [name]Rory[/name]! haha! I’m not a huge fan of [name]Finn[/name] though.
[name]James[/name]- One of my favorites. I’m using it as a middle name.
[name]Cormac[/name]- [name]Love[/name] it!
[name]Gavin[/name]- There’s two [name]Gavin[/name]'s in my son’s preschool class. It’s getting really popular.
[name]Malcolm[/name]- I can’t get over the [name]Malcolm[/name] in the middle reference enough to consider the name itself.

My votes are for [name]Graham[/name], [name]Liam[/name], [name]Colin[/name], [name]James[/name], and [name]Cormac[/name].

[name]Kieran[/name] - I don’t care for this.
[name]August[/name] - Like this, mostly because [name]Gus[/name] is super cute.
[name]Rory[/name] - Stupid [name]Gilmore[/name] Girls. I definitely see this as a boy’s name.
[name]Graham[/name] - I find it sort of stuffy.
[name]Liam[/name] - Cute, but really popular.
[name]Seamus[/name] - I don’t care for this much either.
[name]Bram[/name] - [name]Love[/name] it! [name]Bram[/name] is so cool, but I think it needs to be nickname for [name]Abram[/name] or [name]Abraham[/name].
[name]Colin[/name] - Sort of boring now a days.
[name]Finn[/name] - Cool, but epidemically popular, and will only keep going up.
[name]James[/name] - Solid classic name, but very popular and lacks a good nickname, so I don’t love it.
[name]Cormac[/name] - Nice.
[name]Gavin[/name] - Never been crazy about this.
[name]Malcolm[/name] - Have bad associations, plus I don’t like the [name]Mal[/name] part.

I vote for [name]Bram[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Kieran[/name]- a soft name, not particularly masculine
[name]August[/name]- strong and wise name, not a fan of the potential nn Auggie
[name]Rory[/name]- indifferent, it’s fine
[name]Graham[/name]- on the right kid it’s great
[name]Liam[/name]- love it, but is it too popular?
[name]Seamus[/name]- this is my favorite! Strong, Scottish version of [name]James[/name], masculine
[name]Bram[/name]- sounds very wise and intelligent
[name]Colin[/name]- athletic and friendly sounding
[name]Finn[/name]- becoming very popular but still a good name
[name]James[/name]- you can never go wrong with a classic
[name]Cormac[/name]- I like it, don’t like the possible nn [name]Cory[/name]
[name]Gavin[/name]- I know a lot of Gavins so I’m not a fan
[name]Malcolm[/name]- my second favorite on the list. Sounds regal, masculine, and I love the possble nn [name]Mac[/name]. [name]Malcolm[/name] in the Middle doesn’t change my opinion

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone! I’m actually surprised that nobody seems to like [name]Kieran[/name], as around here it usually gets good feedback. Also, I’m not bothered by [name]Gilmore[/name] Girls. It’s over and fading, and there are more boys with the name anyway. Plus, I live in NYC, there’s enough genuine Irishmen here with the name that it wouldn’t seem odd to have a male [name]Rory[/name].