Our daughter is here! And her name is...

Hello everyone!

Sooo happy to announce the slightly early birth of our beautiful daughter! :slight_smile: She was born yesterday (9th [name_u]January[/name_u]) at 7:50am. She’s so lovely and doing really well, and we couldn’t be happier :).
Our shortlist was [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], [name_f]Amelie[/name_f], and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]. We actually ruled out [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] just before she was born, and [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] didn’t seem to fit her at all.
So, as I thought it would, it came down to [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] and [name_f]Amelie[/name_f]. While I [name_f]ADORE[/name_f] the name [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] and it would have fitted her beautifully, [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] was just perfect for her sweet, delicate and cheeky face.
Her middle name is [name_u]Seren[/name_u], my best friend’s name. We loved the balance of [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u], with the light bubbliness of [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] complimenting the grace of [name_u]Seren[/name_u] (which is the Welsh word for star). Plus her name overall meant ‘strong star’ which we thought was lovely.

Thank you all so much for the invaluable help which has massively helped us to choose a name we really love for our baby girl. It’s been loads of fun and I am sure that I will come back to Nameberry very soon. Thank you times a million :slight_smile:

[name_u]Love[/name_u],
[name_f]Lotta[/name_f] (and of course, [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]!)
xx

Pretty name, congrats!

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] name - and congratulations on your Strong [name_f]Star[/name_f]. xxx

Wonderful name, I just love it! Congratulations. :slight_smile:

Congratulations! I really like [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

Congratulations on the arrival of your daughter! [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] is really beautiful.

I love the name - great choice! Congratulations and enjoy your new daughter!

What a great name! Congratulations!!

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u] is gorgeous! Congrats!!

Very cute! Congratulations.

I absolutely adore [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u]! Congratulations! You did a great job picking a name. :slight_smile:

Absolutely love [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u]! Congratulations on your baby girl :slight_smile:

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] choice! Congrats :slight_smile: