Our family of 3 will be a family of 6!

Update:

My husband and I are officially the guardians of [name]Henry[/name] [name]Louis[/name] - an adorable and sweet 4 year old boy - the son of my husband’s cousin.

The past week has been so busy! My husband has been working on [name]Henry[/name]'s transition. I still haven’t gotten to meet him in person, but I have talked to him on the phone several times. They should be coming home tomorrow!

[name]Dottie[/name] has been so helpful in helping us set up a space for [name]Henry[/name]. She even gave him one of her teddy bears to make him feel better. :slight_smile: It will be temporary, because we decided that we are going to have to move to a slightly bigger house once the twins are born. We might even be moving to another city. Yikes.

So… that being said… the twins names are not final yet. Now that I have another name in the mix, how do you feel about the twins names?

[name]Henry[/name] [name]Louis[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] ?
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] ?

I have been wondering about [name]Henry[/name] and your precious family!! I am so happy to hear the update. I love the twins names and thinks they fit perfectly with the other sibs. [name]How[/name] wonderful you all are going to be raising [name]Henry[/name]!! CONGRATS!

I never commented on your post from before, but I have been wondering about you and what was going to happen to [name]Henry[/name]. I am saddened by the tragic events, but am also delighted to hear that [name]Henry[/name] will be with you. You obviously have much love and stability in your household and that is exactly what [name]Henry[/name] needs now.

As for names, I truly could not think of a more perfect set of names. All four names are amazing and when I saw them all laid out together and said them out loud, I got chills!

I am so happy for you, it is the perfect solution.

I thank God that there are wonderful people in the world like you, you are so loving and kind. I am sure that you will have an absolutely gorgeous family.

I love all the names you have chosen.

[name]Will[/name] you be able to get some help in the home while the twins are small and young [name]Henry[/name] is settling in? Isn’t [name]Dottie[/name] so cute, you can see she has her parents loving heart.

Congratulations!!!

Thanks everyone! We are excited about our new addition, but we honestly have a little anxiety too. Hopefully, nothing that we wont be able to work out.

Not only will we be doubling the number of our family, we will also be doubling the number of dogs! [name]Henry[/name] has two that he will be bringing with him and we have two.

[name]Rollo[/name], no, it looks like it is just going to be my husband and I for awhile. My sister was able to come stay with me for a week, but she has a full-time job that she needs to go back to. My husband will be working full time and I was working full-time from home AND working on my masters degree up until this week. After the twins are here, I will be a stay at home mom for awhile, until we have a handle of things, then hopefully I will be able to finish my degree (so close!) and start working again. Funny how life happens. :slight_smile:

You are truly amazing, who would imagine that you have still been able to work full time and study too, plus look after [name]Dottie[/name] while pregnant with twins?

You are indeed a supermom.

Please post when you have the twins or any other updates.

You are truly amazing, who would imagine that you have still been able to work full time and study too, plus look after [name]Dottie[/name] while pregnant with twins?

You are indeed a supermom.

Please post when you have the twins or any other updates.[/quote]

Not supermom. [name]Just[/name] nuts. Plus, my husband helps out so much. There were definitely times when I thought I would go insane and a lot of really late nights getting all the work done! But I did know for awhile that something would have to give once the twins arrived. So its just coming a little earlier than expected. I will let you know when baby girls arrive… Should be next month if everything goes well!!

I am happy for young [name]Henry[/name] and for you and your husband that he will have you both as his new guardians/parents. I hope you can gather some friends from church or work or your neighborhood to help out a little when your twins arrive. The names are perfect together.

Congratulations on your new little boy - 4 years old is such a wonderful age, and I’m sure that he is going to be a wonderful addition to your family.

I adore the names you have for the twins. Your children’s names sound beautiful together.

Best of luck with everything - it sounds like you’ll need it with all you have going on!

I feel very grateful to know that there are people in this world like you who would be so kind to little [name]Henry[/name] when they are about to have twins. And even to take in his two dogs. I am sure that you will be fortunate to have [name]Henry[/name] in your lives as well.
All the names sound gorgeous together. It is truly a sign that you are all meant to be a family of six! Please let us know how things are going. We are all here for you.

I will be thinking of you and little [name]Henry[/name] during this exciting and hopeful, but also challenging, transition. My best wishes to your whole family (kids, parents, dogs, cats, and all) as you welcome your husband home and welcome [name]Henry[/name] to his new home tomorrow. I hope you will find the support you need to finish your Master’s when you are ready for that (at a later time).

[name]Just[/name] wanted to say that I am happy to hear that you and your husband will be [name]Henry[/name]'s guardians.
You sould like you are a very caring couple and it was so sweet to read how [name]Dottie[/name] has given [name]Henry[/name] her teddy bear to try to make him feel welcome.
Thanks for the update. I love the names you have chosen for your twins and think they go beautifully with [name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] [name]Louis[/name].

[name]Hi[/name] there! I’ve been thinking about you, your family, and [name]Henry[/name], and I’m so happy to hear that he’s joining your family! :slight_smile: Like [name]Susan[/name] said, it’s good to know that there are selfless people in the world like you and your husband.

I love how [name]Dottie[/name] is involved in helping [name]Henry[/name]…what a sweet little girl. :slight_smile:

As for the names, I still think that [name]Dorothy[/name], [name]Matilda[/name], and [name]Eloise[/name] make an amazing set of sisters, and I think that [name]Henry[/name] fits into the mix perfectly. I love it how he, too, stars in a movie ([name]Ever[/name] After), as well as in books (I love the [name]Henry[/name] and Mudge series).

When will he be joining you?

Sending hugs your way! :slight_smile:

Take care!

[name]Every[/name] time I read about [name]Henry[/name], I start crying so its been hard to post (being 8 months pregnant doesn’t help with the crying . . . ). But I just think its so wonderful that [name]Henry[/name] has your family to be his new family – he will be wanted and loved, and not just taken care of. Someday it will be hard for [name]Dottie[/name] to even remember NOT having [name]Henry[/name], and the twins will have always had a big brother. I know the next few months will be challenging for you all, and I wish you the best (and also hope you get some help!!!). Take care, and let us know when the twins arrive!

P.S. The names are all perfect for each other!!!

TOMORROW!! He, my husband and the two dogs will be home tomorrow! The thought of my husband driving cross country with the dogs in the back really cracks me up.

[name]Even[/name] though [name]Dottie[/name] is still very young, we thought that it would be best that she feel “involved” in adding [name]Henry[/name] to our family, especially since they will be sharing a room until we can (hopefully) move. We know its not ideal for them to be sharing a room… but the other room is ready for the twins. That was actually a major concern we were having. Actually, do you think that that is the best solution? Boy and girl sharing a room?

TOMORROW!! He, my husband and the two dogs will be home tomorrow! The thought of my husband driving cross country with the dogs in the back really cracks me up.

[name]Even[/name] though [name]Dottie[/name] is still very young, we thought that it would be best that she feel “involved” in adding [name]Henry[/name] to our family, especially since they will be sharing a room until we can (hopefully) move. We know its not ideal for them to be sharing a room… but the other room is ready for the twins. That was actually a major concern we were having. Actually, do you think that that is the best solution? Boy and girl sharing a room?[/quote]

Tomorrow? Wow! I’m so glad he’ll be your son, [name]Kate[/name]. :slight_smile: I personally don’t think that there’s anything wrong with a young boy and girl sharing a room.

I used to watch 7th [name]Heaven[/name] (proud to be a dork), and when the show began, the two youngest siblings, [name]Simon[/name] and [name]Ruthie[/name], shared a room.

I actually think it’s nice that [name]Henry[/name] won’t be alone at night as he’s adjusting to his new family, and [name]Dottie[/name] sounds like a very agreeable little girl. :slight_smile:

I wish we could all come over and help you out with the kids and dogs! :slight_smile:

I’m so excited for you to meet [name]Henry[/name], and you’re all in my thoughts and prayers.

:slight_smile:

Everything that you’re doing is so nice!

As long as they’re aquainted first, I don’t think sharing a room is a big deal. They’re young. I shared a bedroom with my brother until he was eight and it was okay.

Thank you danal! I have been a crying mess too! Especially, when my husband actually broke down too. That rarely rarely happens. :frowning: My heart broke for my husband and his family. I really wish I had gotten to know him. From everything I have heard, he was an amazing person, friend and father. My husband really felt like the best thing he could do in his honor was be a father to [name]Henry[/name]. There have been so many emotions going on all at the same time. Sadness, stress, worry, anxiety, excitement, overwhelmness (word?), shock… We are excited to have a son - but, at least I do, feel guilty for being excited under the circumstances. And also, I worry about his transition and being the best parent I can be to him. I mean, when its your own child, thats one thing, but knowing that his parents had picked us out in case anything happened… what if we were to fail him??

[name]Both[/name] of our mothers offered to help with the twins months ago. It is going to be a really crowded house if we take them up on their offer - fold out or airmattress, mom? :stuck_out_tongue:

This is another silly question: We are his guardians now, but haven’t officially adopted him (which we will). To me they seem the same. But then, I am not well-versed in all of the legalities of things.

Here is one of my worries: [name]Dottie[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] - our hope is that they will feel and treat each other like brother and sister and then the twins. I don’t want [name]Henry[/name] to ever ever feel like he is the step-child. But, they are cousins. [name]Do[/name] we introduce them as cousins, and then later on hope that they treat each other like brother and sister? What do we have him call us? B and K? Mom and dad? Thats too much, right? But we do want him to think of us as his mom and dad. Has anyone ever adopted an older child or have any opinions or insight on this? He is old enough to know whats going on I think, but still young enough to adjust??

Oh some other things about [name]Henry[/name] that I am excited about! He is bilingual - as much as a 4 year old can be! I am thrilled about this because I always hoped that [name]Dottie[/name] and the twins could become bilingual. I only speak beginner Spanish and my husband beginner French. Also, my husband asked him what he wanted to be for Halloween, he was very decided on [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name]. This just delights me. I am a [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] nerd.