Our fifth baby is here ❤️

We welcomed our fifth child to our tribe: a son, [name_m]Maccabee[/name_m] “Mac” [name_m]Joel[/name_m], born [name_f]May[/name_f] 12, 2021.

He joins two big brothers, [name_m]Evander[/name_m] “Van” [name_m]Mark[/name_m], and [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] Lee; and two big sisters, [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] and [name_f]Aviya[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f].

[name_m]Maccabee[/name_m] [name_m]Joel[/name_m] has very special meaning to us. He is named after the Maccabees who are famously recorded in the books of Maccabees. [name_m]Maccabee[/name_m] is an acronym in Hebrew for “Who is like You, oh Yehovah, among the gods?” [name_m]Exodus[/name_m] 15:11. It was their battlecry as they victoriously fought against Hellenism. His middle name means Yehovah is God.

The hardest part about naming [name_m]Mac[/name_m] was keeping up with my husband’s rule of using three syllable first name and one syllable middle name. As Hebrews, we only considered Hebrew names. [name_m]Mac[/name_m] was due on Shavuot, The Feast of Weeks, so I felt [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] was the perfect name, but my husband wouldn’t consider it because it doesn’t have 3 syllables. I guess it’s just as well because we then found out our friends named their baby boy [name_m]Boaz[/name_m]. :sob:
The three syllable rule also eliminated [name_m]Job[/name_m], [name_m]Jedidiah[/name_m], and [name_m]Obadiah[/name_m].
Other names we considered were [name_m]Josiah[/name_m], [name_u]Micaiah[/name_u], [name_m]Malachi[/name_m], [name_m]Solomon[/name_m], and [name_m]Jacoby[/name_m] (my feeble attempt to get a three syllable name to shorten down to my beloved “Job”).

34 Likes

Congratulations!

so cute! and what a cool name too, i’ve never really seen maccabee used as a name. nice names all around :slight_smile:

also the meaning is very special, i love that

Congratulations and I’m sorry you didn’t get to use so many names you love because of your husband’s ‘rule’!

Congrats!! [name_m]Mac[/name_m] is absolutely adorable!

Congratulations! I adore the name [name_m]Maccabee[/name_m], especially with cool nickname [name_m]Mac[/name_m] :yellow_heart: Great choice all round.

2 Likes

Congratulations :blue_heart:

Many, many congratulations! What a beautiful name meaning and baby!

Congratulations! Such a wonderful name for such a handsome boy :blue_heart:

congratulations!

Aw, I love the name [name_m]Maccabee[/name_m]! Congratulations!

Congratulations! [name_m]Mac[/name_m] is such a cool nickname!

Whoops @katinka
I think I accidentally flagged your comment but I meant to heart it! So sorry!

1 Like

Gorgeous! Beautiful name to fit with a beautiful baby!

Congratulations! He’s a beautiful boy with an adorable name, I love it!

congratulations! he has such a special and wonderful name!

Oh my goodness! [name_m]Maccabee[/name_m] is such a sweet name! Such a cutie, too! Congratulations!

What a cutie! Congratulations, I think [name_m]Mac[/name_m] is an adorable nickname for Macabee!

Congratulations! He’s so cute, and so is his name!

He is a sweetheart! Congratulations [name_m]Mac[/name_m] is a darling addition ! I love all yours kids names !!