Our first baby is here! :)

Well he couldn’t wait until the 21st! I went to the hospital [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] morning for urgent lab work, and was diagnosed with pregnancy cholestasis. Instead of risking it, we opted to induce a little early. [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Boy was more than ready - only a six hour labor and six minutes of pushing for this first time mama! Going in for lab work…only to meet my son nine hours later was pretty crazy :joy:

Thankfully we’d settled on his middle name the night before…not a moment too soon!

[name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_m]Anduin[/name_m] :heart:
3/6/2022 at 3:46pm
6lbs, 6oz, 19.5" long…with a full head of hair! :blush:

Thank you to everyone who helped as we narrowed down first and middle name picks over in the forums! We loved the vowel names like [name_u]Adrian[/name_u], [name_u]Edward[/name_u], [name_u]Elliott[/name_u], and [name_u]Amos[/name_u], but none of them really fit. Finally, randomly looking at a map of Middle [name_f]Earth[/name_f] during Fellowship of the [name_m]Ring[/name_m], it hit!

[name_m]Anduin[/name_m] (AN-do-in) is the name of the great river that connects most of Tolkein’s books, winding from the [name_f]Misty[/name_f] Mountains, through Rivendell, and down to Gondor. It’s even more fitting because he’s a Pisces. We love that it’s nerdy and a little unexpected, but doesn’t sound too offbeat. And it fits us perfectly :relieved:

53 Likes

Congratulations! I love your son’s name. Any name that pays homage to Middle [name_f]Earth[/name_f] is a winner in my book! :wink:

1 Like

Beauitufl and distinctive choice!! Congratualtions

Congratulations! I love his name. [name_f]Glad[/name_f] little [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] made a healthy if sudden grand entrance to the world!

Charming name! :heart_eyes:
Congrats

[name_m]Anduin[/name_m] is such a favourite of mine that never gets mentioned, I’m so excited to see it used! [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_m]Anduin[/name_m] is beautiful. Congratulations :orange_heart:

2 Likes

congratulations! his name is absolutely beautiful and perfect <3

[name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_m]Anduin[/name_m] is stunning and charming :heart: Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Many congratulations! You have chosen a wonderful name for him.

Congratulations! What a beautiful name :blush:

Congratulations on your little boy! He was more than ready with such a short delivery hihi.

I’m a fan of the [name_m]Lord[/name_m] of the Rings too and I LOVE the middle name you picked. A beautiful story for a beautiful name. Enjoy those precious first moments with your little one :heart:

1 Like

Congratulations! I adore the name, and the fact it’s inspired by Middle [name_f]Earth[/name_f] is even more beautiful to me!

oh my gosh, what an absolutely perfect name!!! [name_m]Anduin[/name_m] has been one of my most favorite names for forever, and I’m so thrilled to see it used! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
you’ve chosen such a beautiful and meaningful name! Congratulations on your little one!!!

1 Like

Congrats! Jasper is lovely!

Such a gorgeous name, congratulations!

wow, what a lovely name! i love the reason behind it :blush: congratulations! :yellow_heart:

[name_u]Jasper[/name_u] Anduin!! oh my goodness! :heart_eyes: absolutely stunning name. [name_m]Anduin[/name_m] is so unexpected yet beautiful in the middle. As a fellow LoTR fan I am simply in awe! Congratulations, and welcome to the world little [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] :heart_on_fire:

Congratulations!! :two_hearts::two_hearts: