Our Little Baby Wren 💐

Our beautiful little baby wren is a baby girl, and arrived at 10.50 pm on [name_f]May[/name_f] 4th (Happy [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars [name_f]Day[/name_f], ya’ll!) :tada::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: She is little, but mighty weighing 3.17 kg (or 6 lb 15.8 oz for those like us that still can’t think of babies in metric!) and 49 cms long. It was a long couple of days, but she is here and safe, and we’re so smitten with our little cutiepie. 🩷 She arrived calm and quiet, without crying, after a hard labour, as she decided to arrive sunny side up! Mum says it was still worth it coz she’s pretty adorable, and Dad says he has a new women in his life now…:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

[name_m]Welcome[/name_m] to the outside world, [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_f]Anouk[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Wren[/name_f]! We can’t believe you are finally here and [name_m]God[/name_m] has blessed us with you!! :sparkling_heart:

:sparkles: What’s in a Name :sparkles:

[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] (pr. "per-sef-on-ee)
While the literal definition of [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] is debated, for us, it holds a more poetic meaning - in Greek mythology, Persephone’s return earthside from [name_m]Hades[/name_m] and to her family symbolised and personified springtime and the end of winter. The end of harder times and the coming of a time of warmth, richness, and abundance. We cannot think of a better name for this sweet rainbow baby, who brought an end to the winter period of our fertility journey. She has brought so much love, joy, and brightness into our lives in such a small amount of time already. She will forever be our little ray of springtime sunshine! :sunflower::sunny:

[name_f]Anouk[/name_f] (pr. "ahn-ook)
A [name_m]Dutch[/name_m] name and a diminutive of [name_f]Anne[/name_f], meaning “God’s grace or favour”. (We definitely feel showered with God’s grace that He has given us such an amazing gift!) We wanted to chose a name in honour of Karrah’s Mum, [name_f]Annette[/name_f], and it was amazing to find such a wonderful name that represents not only her beautiful mother in meaning, but also her heritage and family. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkles:

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
Originating from Latin and meaning “from the forest” - we chose [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] in memory and honour of Karrah’s beautiful Aunt, [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f], whom our family lost to cancer in 2022. She was the most loving Aunty and it breaks our hearts that our little girl won’t ever get to meet her. Nevertheless, we hope that she grows up to be full of as much love, kindness, compassion, and uniqueness, and with the same beautiful servant heart, as her great-aunt in heaven. :rainbow::dove: (We miss you, Aunty Syl :two_hearts:)

[name_f]Wren[/name_f]
These little song birds represent qualities such as joyfulness, liveliness, cordiality, kindness, adroitness, and friendliness - all wonderful virtues to wish for our little girl - and it seemed the perfect little bow to tie off her name. :bird::herb:

:sparkles: Nicknames :sparkles:

“Posy”
[name_f]Posy[/name_f] is an [name_f]English[/name_f] term for a small bouquet of flowers, often representing an essence of sweetness, innocence, and childlikeness. When looking for nickname ideas, this one just seemed so faultless. It connected perfectly with the springtime symbolism of [name_f]Persephone[/name_f], while keeping similar letters in the nickname and ending with that ever cutesy “ee” sound. :bouquet:

“Sephie”
Sephie is considered to be derived from two possible roots, either the Arabic name Safeeya (meaning “pure” or “virtuous”), or from the [name_m]French[/name_m] name [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] (meaning “God will increase”). [name_m]An[/name_m] argument has also been made that it could also be linked to the Greek name [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] (meaning “wisdom”). Regardless of which is the original root name, all of the above names offer positive meanings and values that we would love to see our little girl blessed with. :heartpulse:

:tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada:

58 Likes

What a gorgeous and meaningful name :heart: Congratulations!

2 Likes

Congratulations! So so happy for you! Her name is beautiful :blush::heart:

1 Like

What a stunning name, I’m so happy for you :heart: Sephie and [name_f]Posy[/name_f] are adorable!!

1 Like

Her name is absolutely stunning! [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] is a long-time love of mine and I’m thrilled to see it used. Congratulations again!

1 Like

Congratulations! What an absolutely stunning name and adorable nicknames!

1 Like

Congratulations :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: You have given your baby girl such wonderful names! Thank you for sharing them with us. It’s a joy to know that little [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] has joined the world.

1 Like

congratulations!! her name is so beautiful, welcome persephone :heartpulse:

1 Like

Congratulations on your little girl :sparkling_heart: such a beautiful name with so much meaning packed into it (I especially adore [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] nn Posy!!)

1 Like

Congratulations again–what a gorgeous name!

1 Like

What a gorgeous name! Congratulations!

1 Like

Such a lovely and fabulous name, huge congratulations!! Wishing you and your family tons of health and happiness :green_heart:

1 Like

A beautifully chosen and thoughtful name for a much awaited baby girl :two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

1 Like

Such a gorgeous name - whimsical, storied, bright, and meaningful! :woman_fairy:t3:

Congratulations to your family and welcome sweet [name_f]Persephone[/name_f]

1 Like

Congratulations on your sweet girl! Her name is stunning :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I am just over the moon for you! I’ve followed both you and Kibby in your journeys, and it just warms my heart that your daughters were born within a week of each other. [name_m]Just[/name_m] so special. [name_f]My[/name_f] sincerest congratulations to you! What a meaningful name you’ve chosen for your little miracle.

3 Likes

So so beautiful, and so so meaningful :heart:

1 Like

Congratulations! Her name is absolutely stunning :heart_eyes::white_heart:

1 Like

Congratulations! What a stunning name she has!

1 Like

Congratulations! Her name is absolutely gorgeous! :heart_eyes:

1 Like