Our little Christmas miracle

On [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] [name_u]Day[/name_u] we welcomed our own little miracle: [name_f]Vienna[/name_f] [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] [name_f]Kinneret[/name_f]. She was born at 23:00 on [name_u]December[/name_u] 25 after a very short labor, barely an hour. [name_f]Vienna[/name_f] joins half-brother [name_m]Hjörtur[/name_m] [name_m]Emmanuel[/name_m] and brothers [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] [name_m]Húni[/name_m], [name_m]Leonid[/name_m] Pythagoras and [name_m]Endymion[/name_m] Zakynthos.

[name_f]Vienna[/name_f] is a name we decided on very early in the pregnancy. [name_m]Even[/name_m] before I was pregnant, deep down I knew that if I had a girl I wanted to name her [name_f]Vienna[/name_f]. Last year I lost my father after a short illness. He meant the world to me, we were very close. One of the many things he taught me and my brother was our love for music. [name_f]My[/name_f] father’s favorite song was [name_f]Vienna[/name_f] by Ultravox. He told me that song meant a lot to him, and one of my fondest memories with my father is going to an Ultravox concert when they came back together. So Vienna’s name is a lovely connection to my father, even though she’ll never get to know him.

[name_f]Goldie[/name_f] is a name my husband insisted on. To be honest I wasn’t too fond of it at first, but he convinced me and now I love it, it’s perfect :slightly_smiling_face: The name reminds him of his grandmother, who used to call him “my golden one”, and of his great-grandmother, whose name was [name_f]Golda[/name_f]. Coincidentally, it also has a nice Christmassy feel to it.

[name_f]Vienna[/name_f] [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] somehow didn’t seem quite right to us, and we decided we wanted a second middle name to make it feel more complete, add a bit of punch to it. We searched high and low for a name that would fit. We only decided on [name_f]Kinneret[/name_f] after she was born. This name had been on our radar from the start, but for some reason didn’t make it onto our shortlist. [name_f]My[/name_f] brother came to see us after [name_f]Vienna[/name_f] was born, and suggested [name_f]Kinneret[/name_f] to us again. It just clicked: it honors my husband’s Jewish heritage, has a religious meaning (the [name_u]Sea[/name_u] of [name_f]Galilee[/name_f] is significant in the Bible) and has a musical connection, meaning “harp”.

Thank you to everyone who helped us figure out Vienna’s name, and for listening to me whine endlessly about all of my problems and insecurities regarding her name :sweat_smile:

111 Likes

Such a beautiful choice! Congratulations again to the whole family :heartpulse:

1 Like

Her name is gorgeous! Congratulations :relaxed:

2 Likes

Congratulations to you and your family! Her name is just gorgeous. [name_u]Love[/name_u] all the special meaning it has for you. :white_heart:

1 Like

congratulations! vienna has the loveliest name :two_hearts:

Congratulations! I love the meaning behind [name_f]Kinneret[/name_f], what a lovely choice for her second middle. I’m so happy for you and your family!

1 Like

[name_u]Welcome[/name_u] [name_f]Vienna[/name_f] and congrats, Ró!! So happy that [name_f]Vienna[/name_f] is safe and well after a long-awaited delivery. Her name is so very perfect with her brothers. Much love to you all. :heart:

1 Like

Congratulations on your little girl! :tada: What a gorgeous name she has!

1 Like

So many congratulations, her whole name is so beautiful but I’m particularly in awe of [name_f]Kinneret[/name_f] - such a pretty name with incredible meaning for you! [name_u]Welcome[/name_u] [name_f]Vienna[/name_f] :partying_face:

1 Like

Congratulations!!! What a beautiful name!! and with such a special meaning to top it off :purple_heart:

1 Like

Once again, congratulations! [name_f]Kinneret[/name_f] really does pack a punch! I love the flow of her name all together.

1 Like

Congratulations! Her name sounds so special and pretty :blush:

1 Like

Congratulations!! Welcome, Vienna :heart:

1 Like

Congratulations on your little [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] miracle! [name_f]Vienna[/name_f] [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] [name_f]Kinneret[/name_f] is a stunning name with so many wonderful connections. I’m sure her brothers are in love with their new sister :two_hearts:

1 Like

Congratulations to you and your family! Her name is absolutely lovely :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

The stories behind her name are like her own personal folklore… just magnificent. [name_u]Welcome[/name_u] again to your little girl—her names are absolute divinity.

The story behind the name [name_f]Vienna[/name_f] particularly gets at my heart so good. Your father is with you and her always, through your girl. So so gorgeous.

Congratulations, Ró and family! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Sent you a message privately to say congratulations.

The name is wonderful. I really love the meaning and the story behind it - it is so grand and sounds like mythology and fairy tales, and remind me of music, forests, golden and colours and songs.

[name_u]Welcome[/name_u] [name_f]Vienna[/name_f] to the beautiful world :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

Wow, such pretty names!! Congrats!!! :heart:

1 Like

Congratulations :sparkles::cherry_blossom::white_heart:

1 Like

Congrats again Ró! Her name really is gorgeous, and with so much meaning in there too!

1 Like